[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MGSV - worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124 KB, 1920x1080
Sup /v/, I really enjoyed MGS 2 3 and 4. Mainly because of the story, the cinematographic setpieces and the overall atmosphere.

I'd really want to know if MGSV plays in the same league. Not a big fan of open world games and the core gameplay mechanics alone aren't a selling point for me.

Is MGSV a "typical" MGS title? I want a strong (if sometimes hilarious) narrative and crazy boss designs. MGSV just looks like a Far Cry with MGS paint over it to me...

So please advise, is this title worth buying? Thanks!
>>
No, you will be dissapointed.
>>
>>332273950
Story wise, you'll be disappointed with it. It's very clearly unfocused and unfinished.
>>
>>332273950

The 'unfinished' and 'cut content' comments are absolutely true.

If you're set on playing it get it dirt cheap and go in with very low expectations. The story is unfocused/isn't that great and while the game-play and mechanics are pretty solid, the missions can get samey.

I had fun during certain missions or when I got very creative with the tools or weapons unlocked, but the game overall left me very fucking disappointed. Wish I wouldn't have bought it for $60 new.
>>
>>332273950
Ground Zeroes is worth $15 or less. TPP is unfinished shit.
>>
MGSV is an actual game.

You'll probably not like it very much.
>>
>>332274310

Also, no crazy bosses in this. My biggest complaint. There are some goofy MGS moments but not enough.
>>
>>332273950
It's def worth pirating if you don't care about the multiplayer.
>>
File: xIbH9RJnAHhy.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg (83 KB, 878x494) Image search: [Google]
xIbH9RJnAHhy.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
83 KB, 878x494
>>332273950
The gameplay is great and fun as all hell. The story is a mess and I never liked missions - they change the feel of the game too much.

That said, I'll always salute Venom. Diamond Dogs forever. o7
>>
>/v/
>rages at reviewers for liking crappy games because of the story
>rages at a game decent becuase has is crappy story
>>
>>332273950
gameplaywise its great.
ive never played another mgs and im not that much into stealth games but i really enjoyed this one.
the story on the other side is confusing (probably because i have no clue about the series) and wasnt what kept me going.
i wouldnt recommend it to you
>>
It's Far Cry with grinding. Don't waste your money.
>>
>>332275579
>Comparing any metal gear game to unbishit
>>
>>332275652
It's pretty much the same gameplay. You go through two empty and boring maps and do repetitive missions in the same recycled places and the game time is padded with dumb collectables, grinding with REAL WORLD TIMERS, and side missions. You attack the same bases many times, every mission forces you to travel and waste your time getting there, and stealth is barely rewarded. Getting S ranks is achieved by speed running, not perfect nokill stealthing. Honestly, the level of stealth this game allows is barely higher than Far Cry 4.
>>
>>332273950
No strong narrative and no crazy boss designs. So no don't bother. Go play MGS1.

It's shit and it pains me to say it.
>>
The gameplay is great, but there's no real opportunity to use it due to shit level design and an empty open world. It's closer to Garry's Mod than MGS if you want to get enjoyment out of it. Far Cry does most everything it does better. All of this is painful to type; I was hype and pre-ordered it. Total disappointment.
>>
>>332273950
with the exception of a few moments, it is a far cry game with mgs paint
>>
>>332273950
MGSV isn't a typical MGS title, but it's MGS nonetheless. It's not exactly Far Cry, but if you try hard enough you can see some parallels or something I guess, it's still more focused on arcade stealth and that's pretty fun.
>>
>>332274545
>gameplay is great
can we stop this meme?
the controls are good and intuitive, but the overall gameplay is just a bit better than far cry.
barren open world, long waiting times (regardless of ssd), no difficulty settings, mediocre ai, worse stealth than blacklist, shitty catch 'em all mechanics.
>>
>>332276623
>Far Cry does most everything it does better

It really, really doesn't. And MGSV is more of a mix between Far Cry, Hitman and some arcade military shooter anyways.
>>
Honestly OP? MGSV sounds like your worst nightmare, and that comes from someone who genuinely enjoyed it and felt /v/ slammed very hard on it mostly due to the very sharp change in tack.

Unless you get rock-hard boners for camera-specific artifacts and effects. Kojima loves that shit in V
>>
>>332278240
>>332278181
>>332278113
Farcey is a good as MGS5

Metal gear solid 5 could be a empty box packing peanuts and it would still be a better game than Far Cry
>>
Ground Zeroes is a better game. Play that (all of it not just the story mission) and if you like it, you maybe might like V
>>
File: 1415318339146.png (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1415318339146.png
11 KB, 200x200
>>332278181
>long waiting times
wat.
>>
It is a great game buy it
>>
>>332274310

>missions with shitloads of ways to infiltrate

>not being smart enough to use different tactics
>>
OP here, thanks for the input guys.

What exactly makes the gameplay great?
>>
MGSV is not a MGS game. But it is the best third person shooter I've played and I got close to 250 hours out of the single player alone.
>>
>>332273950
Just don't play it. Sarve yourself some suffering.

I went as a fan of the series with massive expectations and I couldn't have gotten more dissapointed.

The story is worse than usual. And then it ends abruptly.

Even the final mission they admitted they cut from the game wouldn't feel like an ending. Maybe to a side story, but not to the main story.

Characters were also ruined.

TPP fucks the story of MGS3 and Peace Walker.

There are 3 (4 if you're generous) Boss Battles, only some of them are fought like 5 times.
>>
The story sucks, and the gameplay is a massive disappointment. Just play MGS3 again, because that's what MGSV should've been like.
>>
>>332273950
>MGSV just looks like a Far Cry with MGS paint over it to me...
That's because it is, sadly. People who think Kojima's next game is going to be anything fun like the old MGS games are fooling themselves, it'll be boring grimdark shit like MGSV and GZ was bordering on.
>>
>>332282189
>But it is the best third person shooter I've played

have you not played max payne 3 ?
>>
>>332273950
Stick with MGS4 if you want cringe-worthy fanservice and five hour long cutscenes.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.