[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can somebody explain to me why the pre-sequel is considered worse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: GoatClasses.jpg (249 KB, 700x408) Image search: [Google]
GoatClasses.jpg
249 KB, 700x408
Can somebody explain to me why the pre-sequel is considered worse than BL2?
>Enemies are no longer bullet sponges
>Weapons types are better
>Low gravity combat is more fun
>Athena is easily one of the most fun classes to date
>Less memes (still has Burchcuck sjw bullshit though)
>More optimized than BL2 on PC

Seriously, am I the only one who sees that the pre sequel is a much better game than BL2?
>>
>>332270951
Because the bosses are even more forgettable, the writing is somehow worse, and it sets up an MMO.
>>
>>332270951
Can somebody explain to me why anyone cares about Borderlands? It's dreadfully fucking boring.
>>
>>332272498
While I'll grant you that the bosses and writing are marginally worse at best, the improvements to gameplay and questing seem substantially better. And also, I don't agree that the game is set up like an MMO any more than BL2 is set up.
>>
>>332270951
They could have made the damn moon of a fictional planet amazingly creative. No limit. Instead they make the whole thing as grey and dull and lifeless as the real moon. Even the Space Station parts were fucking grey and dull and lifeless.

Also: When the game came out (not sure if this was ever fixed, because I got rid of it after a few days) there was no endgame to speak of. You couldn't build a character around unique gear because it was all one-chance drops from nonfarmable enemies.

Also: The "no fun allowed" attitude of the devs who use the game to basically lecture the player about how fucking science works in a cartoon game about lightning shotguns and shit.

Also: Did I mention completely dull and lifeless level design? Name one memorable location in that game. One.
>>
>Playing Borderlels at all
>>
File: c u c k.png (93 KB, 637x809) Image search: [Google]
c u c k.png
93 KB, 637x809
>>332270951
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hafc3oq_kSY
>>
>>332273147
Maybe I was just high as fuck, but the final area of the game was almost euphoric to me.
>>
>>332273442
>You were high while playing
Let me guess, you were playing with friends too? Who were also high?
Your opinion is immediately invalidated either way, both of those things make whatever you are doing enjoyable
>>
>>332270951
>Complains about sponges

Shit player detected
>>
>>332270951
It's just fucking boring
>>
File: 1457033936562.png (28 KB, 555x407) Image search: [Google]
1457033936562.png
28 KB, 555x407
The level design is the worst I've seen in ages fuck labyrinth backtracking desu senpai.
>>
>>332270951
>>332272498
>>332273147
>>332274260
you really want to know ?
The problem is BL TPS is fucking SLOW
fucking gravity and jet pack makes it so fucking slow paced ! And the main stuff about Borderlands is not it's writing or setting or whatever, it's that feeling of fucking furious frenzied gunfight with 20 bandits and explosions everywhere !
>>
>>332273735
No, I was playing single player. Either way, I really enjoyed the closing area, on both a visual and a structural sense.
>>
>>332274195
>Shooting a guy 50 times in the head is good gameplay
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.