[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you make his boss fight?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: latest[2].jpg (46 KB, 400x585) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
46 KB, 400x585
How would you make his boss fight?
>>
Hall of Mirrors.
>>
You have to stomp all his tentacles and then pull the cork out of his mouth
>>
>>332268643
I wouldn't. He's way better as a plot character than a boss.
>>
>>332268774
Explain, pl0x.
>>
The Laughing Octopus fight from 4 is basically what Kojima intended his fight to be, they just couldn't implement it on PSX.
>>
Out of all the dumb shit in the entire MG universe, Decoy Octopus is really up there. His ability is way fucking unreal. Turning into a fat black man down to your very DNA?
>>
>>332268928
Idk just thought it be cool.
>>
>most elite special forces unit in the world
>has a guy who does nothing but go to ridiculous lengths to play pretty princess dressup

What was the point of Decoy Octopus
>>
>>332268940
I always loved the idea of that bossfight, but it always felt like they could have done something more with it.

>>332269045
I remember he'd transfer the blood of the person he was imitating, but down to the very DNA? I doubt even Kojima is that retarded.
>>
>>332269045
Didn't he drain all his blood too? Well if Kojima was still in charge it would probably be explained that the parasites is what let him do it.
>>
>>332269108
That's actually a very good question.
If Ocelot hadn't killed Anderson, what would Octopus even do to help Liquid's rebellion?
>>
>>332269108
Spying/Infiltration from what i'm guessing?
>>
>>332269045
>His ability
Is glorified make up. He dyed his skin, put on a wig, injected himself full of a dead man's blood.

He's not a shapeshifter, he had to have the bones of his nose and cheeks filed down so he could better disguise himself
>>
Have it be in phases where each phase is a copy of a boss character youve fought before
>>
>tfw you thought the protagonist of V might have been decoy octopus
Would have been way better than the shit we got/
>>
>>332269206
By the time Octopus learned all he needed to imitate his target, dressed up as them and had them quietly removed so he could take their place Liquid could have just snuck in and stole the info they were after
>>
>>332269323
How would he switch disguises so quickly?
I also don't really see Octopus lifting Raven's gatling gun.
>>
>>332269409
This reminds me: was Liquid any good at sneaking and infiltration, like Solid? You don't really see him sneaking.
>>
>>332269497
Before he joined FOXHOUND he had worked for the SAS and was undercover in Iraq

Where he got captured and ended up rotting in jail for a few years
>>
>>332269552
>>332269497
You think we'll ever get a game where you play as liquid?
>>
Make it a generic boss fight but give him a ridiculous, unrealistic amount of health. After a certain time period he dies without any explanation which you later find out it was foxdie.
>>
>>332269676
Not before we get a WW2 game where we play as The Boss.

Both ideas are terrible, tho.
>>
>>332269676
>Press X to bitch about inferior genetics
No thanks
>>
>>332269831
I mean I guess Konami is going to remake the original Metal Gear game. Really after V, I'm hopefully for anything.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
So Liquid did 9/11?
>>
>>332270202
What makes you say that?
>>
>>332270401
That image is shown at the end of the mission 51 when liquid says"its not over yet.". It just seemed like it was being implied.
>>
>chase across several screens with constant codec calls from two colonels giving you opposing information about where he is
>decoy was the one giving correct information to throw you off because he knew the base better
>>
>>332270202
No, the end of MGS2 was the universe's 9/11
>>
>>332270498
No, the narrator is talking about how solid got shipped off to NY
>>
>>332268643
>octopus plants bomb
>blends with the crowd to escape
>you use snake powers to find him
>limited time
>you find him but just slaps your shit and change appearance everytime
>gets harder cause snake power cant detect his movement
>gets even harder cause snake power cant detect heartbeat
>gets even hraderer cause he got pissed and decided to time the bomb early
>>
>>332270767
>crowd on an isolated military base in alaska
>>
>>332270597
What?
>>
>>332270767
>POW
>>
>Entire area is the boss level
>You have to find DC and he's disguised as one o fthem
>If you find him he releases a cloud of ink and disappears and rehides himself
>>
>>332270853
After they were born, Solid and Liquid were given to foster families. Liquid's family was in Britain and Solid's was in America.
>>
his abilities don't lend to combat

He used his abilities to kick start Liquid's plan of Snake initiating the emergency override.
Him being killed off early was just bad luck.
>>
>>332271239
Yeah, but its never stated anywhere that he was shipped to New York.
>>
>>332271332
What would have even happened if he didn't die? Like what was the plan after that? Octopus just dicks around as the Darpa Chief?
>>
>>332271780
No, he would have ditched the disguise after Solid activated the whatever.
>>
>>332271780
No idea. It was Mantis's plan after all.
His role in it was over after his Snake encounter anyway.
>>
>>332268643
guess who board game
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.