[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name one single flaw this masterpiece has, I dare you /v/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 12
File: 1545.jpg (111 KB, 545x250) Image search: [Google]
1545.jpg
111 KB, 545x250
Name one single flaw this masterpiece has, I dare you /v/.
>>
Shit fashion
No weight
Short
>>
the framerate
frenzy
>>
Having to go back to the dream every time to warp to a different area.
>>
>>332261645
The community
Lack of weapons
Aesthetics/Setting
>>
>>332261742
>>332261787
>>332261845
you guys lost, op said single flaw
>>
It's held back by console hardware.
>>
Cursed Gems
>>
its shit
>>
>>332261645
the invasion system with the bell maidens was pretty shit
>>
no pc release
>>
>>332261645
Too easy, can dodge infinitely without worrying about stamina
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 293x462) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 293x462
Cainhurst seems incredibly out of place.
Not in the way that the ayys were out of place.
It literally looks like Dark Souls 2 DLC. Boring humanoid boss included, too.
>>
>>332261645
>combining the shittiness of farming grass with the capped amount of heals of estus
>>
>>332261838
Shit was even worse on launch week with those long ass loads and nothing even to read on screen.
>>
Fuck all variety was my biggest gripe.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 344x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 344x364
>>332262538
> needing to farm in BB
>>
>>332261645
>it's short (even with DLC)
>some of the areas are garbage and poorly designed, especially towards the end
>the game peaks early in central/old yharnam
>too few builds and weapons and armor sets
>chalices are G A R B A G E

still an incredible game though
>>
chalice dungeons are a grindy chore.
>>
>>332262643
>i kept getting killed nonstop in yarnham so I farmed up a ton of pots off the enemys that drop a shitton there before moving on

Thanks for letting us know you sucked balls at the game. `
>>
Why do people make these threads?
are they unsatisfied that their friends didnt like the game as much as they do, and they are begging indirectly for ways to convince people its perfect?
What do you get out of practicing how to argue about something already established?
Who cares except for people like OP?
>>
>>332263002
People like OP.
>>
The chalice dungeons are just bad and if all the work they did for them had been put into making just one more good sized area with quality content at the rest of the game's level it would have been worth the trade easily.

Blood gems are a shitty system.

Blood vials and bullets being grindable aren't really BAD, but it's totally unnecessary for them to be that way and I don't know why the insist on re-inventing the wheel when it comes to recovery items and spell ammo when they knocked it out of the park so perfectly in DaS1.
>>
Not enough variety in areas.
>>
>>332261845
>Aesthetics/Setting
you have to name a flaw
>>
>>332262538
Mainly this
>>
>>332261645
the pvp
>>
>>332261645
It's a meme game
>>
The lack of boss souls really sucks for lorefags
>>
>>332261645
>running
>let go of circle for 2 seconds
>tap circle again
>does a jump instead of roll
its just a nitpick but it pisses me off so much. i've died quite a bit of times because of that shit
>>
>>332261645
Not enough recognition of gender issues.
>>
File: 1448244162382.png (138 KB, 239x295) Image search: [Google]
1448244162382.png
138 KB, 239x295
The bell system.
You can't get Orphan's placenta club.
>>
>>332261645
Tons of technical problems.
Limited bloodvials.
Button mashing can get you through most bosses.
Visually repetitive.
PSplus.
>>
>>332261645
BB is my favorite game of all time.

>chalice dungeons are flat out unfun garbage except the bosses
>world loot distribution is somewhat disappointing and lacking
>some bosses that are only fun the first time around
>2 load screens for warping
>framepacing issues, small framerate drops
>the pvp is shit like always
>overall lack of different playstyles, while the one style in BB is the most fun in my opinion
>it is arguable that the bosses after shadows are somewhat disappointing
>enemy variety is somewhat lacking in the main game

Doesn't stop me from loving it though
>>
File: Disgusted Pepe.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
Disgusted Pepe.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>Hating on Bloodborne
Damn... I knew /v/ was infested with plebs and shameless pcucks but didn't think it would be this bad.
>>
>>332261645
30 FPS.
>>
>>332261645
I love Bloodborne, but the Chalice Dungeons are garbage.
After I finished them for the trophy, I never went back, and never will.
>>
>>332267559
you forgot to mention
>Hunter's Dream is completely devoid of anything interesting at any time and returning to it is a chore because no new npcs or vendors will ever move in

and

>more than half the bosses are incredibly fucking easy after you understand the basics of the game
>>
File: 1458754638813.jpg (741 KB, 886x691) Image search: [Google]
1458754638813.jpg
741 KB, 886x691
>>332268461
Reddit took over ages ago.
>>
File: 1432650090355.jpg (48 KB, 561x466) Image search: [Google]
1432650090355.jpg
48 KB, 561x466
>>332264831
>fighting Loran Darkbeast in chalice dungeons
>starts to do his shockwave
>run away and try and dodge roll
>character jumps and gets nailed by shockwave
>YOU DIED
>>
>>332261981
but anon, cursed gems are the best ones
>>
>>332263520
lovecraftian reddit memery and van helsing bullcrap or not a good setting

>muh TENTACLES oh boy im so spooked right now what abominable horrors the cosmos is vast XD
fucking no

Aesthetics/Setting also includes the fashion, which is piss poor in the game
the fashion is probably by far my biggest disappointment
>>
Seriously this game lacks weapons and armour. I had no incentive to continue because of this
>>
>>332261645
Shit multiplayer system.
>>
File: this_fucker.jpg (185 KB, 1383x851) Image search: [Google]
this_fucker.jpg
185 KB, 1383x851
Laurence is an objectively terrible boss, especially when compared to how good the rest of the DLCs bosses are. It's like they took the worst parts of Bloodborne and put it into a single encounter.
>>
File: 1419795193883.jpg (203 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
1419795193883.jpg
203 KB, 1252x1252
Playing offline because fuck paying for PSN

Is all the bosses in this game supposed to be easily iframe exploited and killed on the first go? The only one I had trouble with was the flesh starved beast because of his poison bullshit.

Even kills electro Lion on my first try by swiping at his hind legs
>>
>>332272606
On my first play through I used nothing but the axe, second threaded cane and beast cutter, third scythe and chikage and I'm currently on my fourth with moonlight sword.
Even if you don't like every single weapon the game has to offer, there's enough for 8 playthrough's (all the way to NG+7) if you don't like playing a game multiple times, but still want to use lots of different weapons, you have 7+ weapons that suit your play style for a single run, which is quite a lot.
Lack of weapons is a bullshit argument. Less than Dark Souls sure, but there's enough.
>>
>>332273969
>one weapon per play through

are you smoking crack?

how can anyone possibly defend this
>>
>>332273969
I'll also add that armour stats barely make a difference (which is a legitimate complaint) and are mostly just for show, you wear whatever you like, which there is plenty.
>>
>>332274062
>which there is plenty
No there isn't and it all (or most of it) looks bad.

Bloodborne fashion is garbage.
>>
>>332261645
The really good gems can be found only in the chalice dungeons, which are really lackluster and boring visually compared to the main game.
>>
>>332273969
Bloodborne technically has more weapons than Dark Souls. What I mean is, every weapon has it's own unique moveset contrary to Dark Souls, where every type of ultra gratsword or spear has the exact same moveset.
>>
>>332261645
only on PS4
>>
>>332274030
That's just how I play I guess, even with Dark Souls, I used the same weapon, sometimes 2-3 others on a single run.
That amount of weapons, in 8 runs, all the way to NG+7, which not many people do in the first place, there's enough weapons to switch between 3 different ones each playthrough for 8 playthroughs.
For people who only play the game through once or twice, you have 7+ weapons you'll like, which is plenty. You're being ridiculous if you think otherwise.
What is it you want? Switch weapons after every boss fight? How do you get good with a weapon if you switch it out for a new one so often?

>>332274202
>No there isn't.
There is, you're retarded.

>Bloodborne fashion is garbage.
Personal preference, I think most of it looks good.
>hurr durr shit taste.

Besides, most people will find something they like, and stick with it. I've stuck with the same 2 outfits the entire game because I like them the most, there's enough here that most people will find at least one outfit they like.
Again, do you ant to switch out clothing after every boss fight, what the fuck, how much variety do you people want?
>>
>health regenerates when attacking enemies
>>
>>332274529
Is this some thinly veiled shitpost?

>stuck with the same 2 outfits
>used the same weapon, sometimes 2-3 others on a single run

This makes the game sound like total garbage
>>
>>332274962
Weird, I feel like everyone else is shitposting.

>What is it you want? Switch weapons after every boss fight?
>Again, do you want to switch out clothing after every boss fight?
Please answer these.
More weapons then there are would mean you want there to be enough to switch out after every boss fight, which is ridiculous. Quality over quantity.
>>
Heavy visual effects that a PS4 can't handle, resulting in dips below 10 FPS, during bosses that require precise dodging.
Very limited ways to play the game, when comparing to Souls games.
>>
>>332275163
Compared to what's there changing my main hand weapon once throughout my entire play through would be pretty neat
>>
>>332275587
I have no idea what you're trying to say. Forgive me if your first language isn't english.
>>
Enemy hunters have unlimited ammo and tend to dodge around erratically.
>>
>>332275902
Are you in denial to the point that your brain is unable to comprehend language?

I understand that you like Bloodborne, but the game has lots of clear flaws, shitty fashion and lack of weapon variety chief among them
>>
>want a weapon type outside axes and swords? Go fight 2-4 bosses and blaze through the best areas of the game first.
>>
>>332275967
Just pretend they have 20, you should be able to kill them before they use more than 20 bullets, otherwise you're just shit.
They move erratically just like you.

>>332276123
It does have flaws, there's a ton just like any other game, weapon variety and lack of clothing aren't issues. They're memes people who haven't even played the game use to try and discredit it, but end up looking completely retarded in the process, just like all shitposters.
I already said that are legitimate flaw with the game is that armour stats don't do shit, they don't mater in the slightest and that's a problem. There's no "weight" like previous souls games, which is something else I don't like and bosses don't drop cool shit if you kill them a certain way like DS which I also hate, see legitimate complaints. Clothing is personal preference, I like almost all of them, you hate them all, whatever. Doesn't speak for the quality of the game in the slightest.

>Are you in denial to the point that your brain is unable to comprehend language?
Please go through your post and explain how the fuck it makes sense.

>Compared to what's there changing my main hand weapon once throughout my entire play through would be pretty neat
Maybe I'm just having trouble pinpointing the commas when I shouldn't have to, where are they?
>Compared to what's there, changing my main hand weapon once throughout my entire play through would be pretty neat
Still doesn't make a lick of sense.

What are you comparing it to, a hypothetical version of Blodoborne that has more weapons? You'd appreciate the options even if you switched only once or twice the entire game? Are you trying to be sarcastic and making fun of the fact that you're happy with only 1 weapon the entire game?
Explain.
>>
>>332274529
The problem is that bloodborne forces you to only use one weapon per playthrough by only having enough upgrade materials at any given time for one weapon.

The armor sets all look the same.
>>
>>332276702
>>What is it you want? Switch weapons after every boss fight?
>no actually one time would be enough

not him but it's really not that hard to understand
>>
>>332276702

>implying that rifle spear faggot doesn't spam bullets for days
>>
File: Yahar'gul Hunter Rifle Spear.png (576 KB, 800x860) Image search: [Google]
Yahar'gul Hunter Rifle Spear.png
576 KB, 800x860
>>332276702
Have you already forgotten about spearbro in the cathedral ward
>>
>>332262458
It doesn't seem out of place at all, but the way you get there is pretty silly and just being plopped there is dumb. I'd have rather crossed the bridge myself, and had that moment of seeing the castle.
>>
>>332261645
Having to go back to the hub everytime.
Invasion system is garbage.
Covenants are complete shit.
NEVER EVER shitposting.
>>
File: 2ec.png (572 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572 KB, 600x580
>>332277093
>>
>>332261645
No mechs. 0/10
>>
>>332276823
and I said in my very first post that there's enough weapons in the game to switch out 3 times in a single playthrough for 8 playthroughs, more than enough.

>>332276984
I fucking wrecked his shit, I feel like you can cheese all hunter fights with Beast Cutter so maybe that's the reason.
>>
>>332261645
It still didnt have the Demon Souls invade/co-op system
>>
>>332262578
Clothing? Yeah, there's not a huge amount, but I feel like there's enough.
Weapons? No, every one has 2 alternate versions with different gem slots, meaning they can suit different builds and the gems create a decent amount of variety. If Souls games, with their same moveset weapons, are counted for variety, then this is too.
Even without that, there's enough there that people use regularly. More variety used in builds than any of the other games.
>>
>flaw
Only PS4
>>
>>332261742
>no weight

as opposed to DaS2 at 60fps? Please
>>
>>332261838
This is the biggest failing of the game, also not restocking after each respawn
>>
>>332277329
>DaS2

compared to human feces these rocks are delicious!
>>
>>332261645
the amount of farming necessary to get the best gems
the fact that you have to do all of chalice progression to even begin farming for every single new build you make
it has the worst camera in all of souls, and the camera doesn't bother me at all in any other demonsborne game
blood vials/bullets not getting replenished when you either a.) homeward bone or b.) have a successful coop session/invasion drives me up the fucking wall, it's like the want to force you to sit through two loading screens every 5 minutes
the build diversity is probably the worst in the series because of the lack of stats+no need for much endurance and the fact that majority of the weapons have extremely low requirements
>>
>>332263420
Because there's more punishment to not improving, you're losing items you need. I prefer it, personally, but feel like there should be a messenger at lamps to allow you to restock some supplies.
Also, only one lamp per area should allow you to return to the Hunter's Dream.
>>
File: 1425230713357.png (78 KB, 249x250) Image search: [Google]
1425230713357.png
78 KB, 249x250
>>332277445
>its a shit analogy

Try and curb any analogies to do with hitler, shit, cars or the person-you-are-addressing's mother

So you are saying you don't think any Souls game provide a decent sense of weight? Thanks for your opinion
>>
>>332273039
I found almost every fight easy thanks to playing a shit load of Souls. Some are legitimately hard, like the final DLC boss. Some can be challenging if you don't rely on parries, like Gherman or Maria.
I managed to solo the entire game without about 5 deaths overall until I hit the end of the DLC.
>>
>>332274030
I used the Longsword the entire way through Dark Souls. I wanted to play it as an average Knight.
>>
>>332277845
I wouldn't say I'm a good player, but my death counts went something like this on my very first run.

>Cleric
3-4
>Gascoigne
>Blood-Starved
>Darkbeast
>Witch
>Amelia
>Amigdala
>Shadows
>Rom
>Logarius
>ayy
>Daughter
>One Reborn
>Micolash
Wet Nurse
Gherman
Moon Prescence

The game still feels pretty hard, it's just right at that level of difficulty that's neither too hard nor too easy. Perfect for me.
However Ludwig took me like 20 tries, more ayys 3-4, Maria 15, Laurence 20 and Orphan 30, I have no idea why I was so bad here, I think I just felt more relaxed then I did with the main game, I also did it between levels 60-100 on the first playthrough if that means anything
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.