[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Destiny, why did it turn out like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Destiny.jpg (106 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
Destiny.jpg
106 KB, 1200x630
Seriously, what happened? How did it turn out to be so lifeless? I can think of two things that would've made this game great. Yet, there's so much missing or poorly handled ideas, that it just doesn't make any sense.

Could this be the biggest blunder of a game developer in history?
>>
Video games are the biggest blunder in human history.
>>
>>332253497
developers underestimated how fast players could go through content
>>
>>332253662
>"Video games were a mistake."

>Roger Ebert
>>
>Could this be the biggest blunder of a game developer in history?

This phrase is as bad as the "what went wrong" phrase.
>>
File: -.-.png (255 KB, 713x564) Image search: [Google]
-.-.png
255 KB, 713x564
>>332253865
>Look at me, I get triggered by words and can't stop thinking of buzzwords
Put your autism aside for a moment and think about this:

How does a videogame developer, like Bungie, create a game that feels so lifeless and void of any story or information in the world. It doesn't make any sense. How did it happen?
>>
File: B4mXekVCUAAq_0H.jpg (47 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
B4mXekVCUAAq_0H.jpg
47 KB, 600x600
Destiny was a bigger concept than Bungie. For real. I'm still looking forward to the April update, but they just cannot keep up content for that kind of game.. still hoping for a miracle to turn the Traveler right
>>
>>332253497
I like the game. its not amazing, but its definitely fun. im more of a pvp guy anyway, so once I get the gear I like from raids pve is ok only for weekly nightfall and just grinding strikes to shoot shit.
I love the pvp though, its definitely got its annoying shit like res sniping and titan sun super, but other than that i have alot of fun with the multiplayer
>>
If you think Destiny is bad, try the Division
>>
The launch was terrible
The game was advertised to be an open world story-driven game, but that's not how it ended up.
The game is now a slot machine grindfest, its a mess.
However, I think its fun to play occasionally - the gunplay is fun, the graphics & artstyle is beautiful.
I would play it more often if I had friends who did
>>
>>332253497

>Seriously, what happened?

Desire for money got in the way for making something memorable that would be talked about for a very long time to come.
>>
game sucked dick but it is just one of many games over the past 5 years that failed miserably to live up to hype
>>
They were too ambitious, should have started with something smaller and learn from their mistakes.
>>
>>332255250
The division is better than destiny
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.