[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which of the three was the best sequel? Think in terms of new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: ps2 sequels.jpg (521 KB, 1920x907) Image search: [Google]
ps2 sequels.jpg
521 KB, 1920x907
Which of the three was the best sequel? Think in terms of new mechanics it brought to the table - whether good or bad - how they compare to their predecessors, and how they improved or did not improve over them.
>>
Voodoo Vince conquered them all
>>
Going commando definitely improved over the prequel in every way, sly 2 was really good but was a bit more repetitive than the previous, jak 2 i think is the worst naughty dog jak games honestly, there was alot of bullshit in the mission structure and the driving controls were abysmal.
>>
>>332250473
Sly 2 was great, and I played it religiously. I still think it's the best in the series.
>>
>>332250473
Sly 1 > Jak 1 > Ratchet 1
Jak 2 > Ratchet 2 > Sly 2
Ratchet 3 > Sly 3 > Jak 3
>>
>>332250793
on an unrelated but related note

Sucker punch > insomniac > naughty dog
>>
I enjoyed Jak 2.
But I sucked at the mandatory city races, fuck that shit.
>>
Sly 2 is so fucking good, the theifiest game I've ever played.
>>
Jak 3 > Jak 1 > Ratchet and Clank 1 >= Sly 2 > Jak 2 > the rest
>>
>>332250584
I recently bought that because I always thought it looked hilarious. It's actually really good.
>>
Sly 2 is god tier
>>
>>332250473
Sly 2 is the best. It went above and beyond, improving everything about the first game and then some. Probably one of the most stellar examples of a sequel done right in gaming history.

Going Commando was a minor mechanical upgrade with a number of weird gimmicks that made the game feel bloated. In terms of what a sequel is typically expected to do, it passes with flaws.

Jak II totally changed tone and style, but kept the core of the gameplay identical. In terms of what a sequel is typically expected to do, it delivers, however not in the way many fans might have wanted.

>>332250793
Jak 1 > Sly 1 > Ratchet 1
Sly 2 > Jak 2 > Ratchet 2
Jak 3 > Ratchet 3 > Sly 3
>>
>>332250473
I loved all of them.
Jak > Ratchet > Sly
Sly 2 > Ratchet 2 > Jak 2
Ratchet 3 = Sly 3 = Jak 3
>>
>>332250793
this
>>
Jak 2 divided the audience.
Sly 2 was a vast improvement but the game was too repetitive, and Sly isnt that good of a series.
Ratchet and Clank 2 was a straight upgrade in every way though, its what a sequel should be.
>>
>>332250793
Jak1>Ratchet1> Sly 1
Ratchet 2> Jak 2 > Sly 2
Ratchet 3 = Jak3>>>>>>Sly 3

Sly 1 is not that good of a game.
>>
Sly 2 improved the most from the original game.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.