[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw we'll never get a good survival horror game again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: REmake.jpg (572 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
REmake.jpg
572 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw we'll never get a good survival horror game again
Will Capcom fuck up RE2 remake?
Is Konami going to make some nice pachinko Silent Hill machines at least?
>>
File: kot blini.jpg (177 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
kot blini.jpg
177 KB, 1124x1024
>>332230739
>Will Capcom fuck up RE2 remake?
Yes

>Is Konami going to make some nice pachinko Silent Hill machines at least?
They already are.
>>
are there really silent hill pachinko machines? what the fuck man
>>
>>332230739
Yes
Yes
>>
There are better horror games coming out that aren't clunky pieces of shit
>>
File: yakuza-boss-640x360.jpg (54 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
yakuza-boss-640x360.jpg
54 KB, 640x360
>>332231673
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ht4dbyPIcM
>>
>>332232854
Fuck off retard. Here's your reply
>>
>>332230739
It'll be easy to do RE2HD.

I can't think how they can enhance it. I'd really like to see more replay value through either more arranges other than A and B or more minigames. But that didn't win a lot of fans in RE0HD.
>>
>>332230739
>Will Capcom fuck up RE2 remake?
Hopefully? No. Realistically? Maybe.

Revelations is still considered successful but I think Capcom's recent interest in RE2-remake is because both of the ports sold well. So here's hoping they follow their formula.

>Is Konami going to make some nice pachinko Silent Hill machines at least?
you know it senpai
>>
>>332232854
Go and play your walking sims
>>
>>332233640
>Revelations is still considered successful
Well those were made by TOSE and TOSE isn't doing RE2make as far as I know.
>>
>>332230739
The best survival horror game was Alien Isolation and it's not even 2 years old

>>332232854
Most if not all of them are not survival horror, they are action shooters with horror elements like RE4 or Deadspace
>>
Just know this.

You are actually mentally challenged if you expect REmake quality with RE2 Remake.

You will not get REmake quality 100% guaranteed so do not expect that or else you will be sorely disappointed.
>>
>>332230739
RE2 remake will be an over the shoulder shooter like every other RE made after 2004
>>
>>332233932
I didn't think it was being developed by them, just pointing out that there's a chance they might emulate the style of other recent "good" RE games. It's been nice going back to the more traditional playstyle and I really hope they continue that, but more Resident Evil is usually a good thing regardless.
>>
>>332234173
Alien Isolation was decent but it doesn't have shit on REmake and the original Silent Hill trilogy. It's also more an action and stealth game than pure survival horror.
>>
>>332234574
I played REmake recently and I played REmake when it came out

Isolation is far better as it actually makes you feel helpless. REmake is great but like other early survival horror, it can't seem to decide whether it wants you to pew pew shoot shit or be scared.

REmake is more of an action horror game than pure survival horror
>>
File: 1408114516411.jpg (78 KB, 611x370) Image search: [Google]
1408114516411.jpg
78 KB, 611x370
>>332234182
>you will never be as pessimistic and cynical as this guy

Feels good man
>>
>>332235074

It's just the truth.
>>
>>332233664
I don't wanna play Resident Evil tho
>>
>>332235074
That's not pessimistic or cynical it's just realistic. It's like if you stood under someone peeing on your head everyday and then one day a guy said "So we're gonna get pee'd on again.." and you just went "OMG STOP BEING SO PESSIMISTIC"

It's pretty realistic to assume that because you have gotten shitty 3rd person shooters for 12 years and capcom has been on record stating they want to COD audience and not survival horror audience, that just MAYBE we'll be pissed on yet again.
>>
>>332234958
Well I replayed both not too long ago and you're full of shit. Unlike REmake, Isolation throws shit tons of ammo and crafting materials at you and the Alien AI is extremely exploitable, I never at one point felt helpless. There's also no actual puzzles, which is a crucial element of survival horror.
>>
>>332235431
Weird, I feel the exact opposite and found that about REmake which has numerous sections you must use extreme force to get through.

So I guess you're full of shit to me. Funny how that works out.
>>
>>332234958
Sorry the whole hide and seek gimmick is really tiresome, and the gunplay in the original trilogy is really restricted so you don't have to rely on shooting your way through the whole game.
>>
>>332235878
Not him but there are plenty of times in REmake where you can dodge zombies, some just aren't worth killing because their pattern is fixed and easily avoidable. Once you got the shotgun in either story you were usually safe too, you don't even have to use the pistol after that point if you're good about ammo.
>>
>>332235878
Alien Isolation has parts where you're encouraged to use force (when you get the shotgun), parts where you're forced to use the flamethrower and a part where you're forced to kills androids to get a keycard. The difference is that REmake doesn't constantly throw items at you and you're forced to think when you're going to use them. In AI I had pretty much all items maxed out at mid point and a shit ton of ammo.
>>
It damn shame that survival horror is dead. I do appreciate the attempts to bring it back, but I can hardly call walking from point A to B the same thing.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.