[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I finally got around to playing this, I knew it had a multiplayer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 71GDFt0RPWL._SL1150_.jpg (186 KB, 1000x1150) Image search: [Google]
71GDFt0RPWL._SL1150_.jpg
186 KB, 1000x1150
I finally got around to playing this, I knew it had a multiplayer mode so decided to play with a friend.
At first we thought it had waggle support like Heavy Rain but it didn't, no big deal.
The multiplayer mode turned out to be a complete gimmick since 4/5 of the time you play with Jodie so the player controlling Aiden is just idly watching most of the time.
Come to think of it, it's an interactive movie and not really a video game most of the time, but no big deal we went in expecting a B movie tier sci fi and we got exactly that.

It feels like David Cage jotted down a list of all the "mature" themes he could think of (child soldiers and civil war, homelessness and prostitution, suicide, torture, death of family, sexual assault etc.) and tried to make a story around that.
And he ended up with something that reads like a Stephen King novel (Firestarter, The Dark Half) mixed in with a bit of Terminator at the end with the whole inevitable doom thing, so much so we started humming the Terminator theme when Jodie and Zoey were standing on a pile of rubble overseeing the destroyed city.

What did you think of the game /v/, were you entertained?
>>
Cool story bro
>>
>>332222445
Thanks for reading my blog
But can we talk about the "game" or am I 3 years too late?
>>
>>332222554
Not too late, it just came out on pa4
I really liked it
The narrative was good enough to entertain me for what ? 9 hours idk
Its my GOTY 2013 but dont tell anyone anon
>>
>>332222008

I want to like David Cage games but he's someone who should be kept miles away from directorial or producer positions.
>>
Why on earth would you want to "play" something like this?
>>
>>332223221
It was entertaining, if you like bad sci fi or B movies in generals it will entertain you.
The only reason that made us want to stop playing is just how god damn awful it is to play.
The QTEs are the most fluid part of the entire game, simply waking around at a snale's pace and fighting with the camera is more annoying.

>>332222796
I wouldn't go that far, but I don't regret playing it.

>>332223054
If you want to make a good move yes, certainly.
>>
>>332222008
I hate that it ends with a dystopian future. Like fucking indigo prophecy. The good shit is always left to your imagination.
>>
>>332224282
>I hate that it ends with a dystopian future
There's really no other way to end. It's fucking Doom basically.
There's a dimension filled with fucking demons and people are working on opening a portal to it.
It doesn't matter how many times they open it and things go wrong, they'll still try again till it goes end-of-the-world wrong
>>
>>332222008
>were you entertained?
watched the TBFP LP. I was thorougly entertained. Wouldn't touch that filth myself though, not even with a stolen dick.
>chinese underwater ghost base
>>
I like Heavy Rain a lot, as flawed as it is. Making the best character the killer was stupid and doesn't work on any level. Beyond was worse somehow. The story was big and dumb yet carried itself like it was deep and meaningful. Ellen Page was awful and has a punchable face that is hard to root for.
I remain a David Cage fan despite not really enjoying his games.
>>
>>332225671
Words cannot describe how annoying it gets at times.
That whole Navajo chapter dragged on forever and I found it the least entertaining of all, and then the option to go back to them and live with the big brother came out of nowhere for me.
Same as the Ryan romance thing, one chapter we hate his guts, the next chapter she can fuck him.

>>332225754
>The story was big and dumb yet carried itself like it was deep and meaningful.
That makes it all the more laughable though. There was one, ONE joke in the whole game that I can remember.
>do you want me to smile, or do you want me to act natural?

Everything else was so damn serious all the time, despite being complete pulp that no one takes seriously. Kind of like Bioshock Infinite really.
I mean there's a scene where Ryan pops up with a fucking submarine at just the right time on just the right submarine pen, pops the hatch and says "haha did you think I'd leave you :^)
>>
>>332226862
ha, yeah, navajo. Served no purpose to the story at all, didn't it. Great writing there cage. Feels like he just wanted another excuse for a shower scene.

Honestly, I can't wait to see how much of a trainwreck Detroit is going to be.
>>
I happen to enjoy these types of games so even though I'd agree that it was a shit game, I enjoyed it a lot.

Except for that whole desert chapter. That served no purpose at all.
>>
>>332227323
>Served no purpose to the story at all
Absolutely.
We learned nothing new about her, nothing about it changes her as a character, and it has zero consequences later in the game.

>Honestly, I can't wait to see how much of a trainwreck Detroit is going to be.
Oh yes

>>332227473
>Except for that whole desert chapter. That served no purpose at all.
lmao that seems to be the consensus
>>
>>332222008
anything david cage makes is trash complete fucking trash but i fully enjoy it because when you play a david cage game you're not actually playing a video game you're given an invitation into the mans mind. It doesn't matter how shit his stories are i like him and i admire his dedication to always deliver derivative trash
>>
>>332227981
It was even weirder that the fucking indian guy is one of the love choices you get at the end. Like wtf I knew that nigga for like 3 days.
>>
>>332228349
ellen is a huge slut confirmed

kinda surprising that one of the kids from the birthday party wasn't an option
>>
>>332228443
I constantly cut off that little Chad's advances and he still called me a slut ;_;

>>332228324
>derivative
Yes, it's funny how you could pinpoint his exact sources of "inspiration" and predict stuff from the very beginning of the game
>>
>>332224282
>>332225347
If they were making a sequel of sorts it'd be one thing, but I wasn't a fan of undermining everything up to that point in favor of a last minute shot of the apocalypse.
>>
>>332225754
Yeah, I enjoyed Heavy Rain despite the obvious issues. Even if I didn't have huge emotional investment in the lost kid and the plot twists had to lie to you to keep you guessing, I thought it was a fun little thriller.

Beyond Two Souls didn't really have that race against time with potential character death feeling going for it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.