[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2016 is the year of MOBA'S /v/. Are you on the right side
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: almao.jpg (72 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
almao.jpg
72 KB, 1024x576
2016 is the year of MOBA'S /v/. Are you on the right side of history yet?
>>
>cross platform enabled by default
>get paired up with PS4 shitters
>they've never played a moba in their lives
>proceed to dive towers and feed 0-19
>they can't talk so they just spam pings
>thank god the other faggots on the other team are just as retarded
>get fed 30-2
>didn't even kill most of them, just tagged them once when they tried to tower dive
>carry end game by 3 shotting everyone on their team

it's a fun game
>>
looks like unreal tournament smite.

what's the deal with cards, are you buying that shit permanently? or is it like items from the shop in doto?
>>
I think the game is really fun actually, it feels like what smite should have been, where there's actually verticality to it instead of being trapped to a single plane. The player base is really awful though as >>332215530 said. If you don't carry I don't see how the game could be fun.
>>
>>332216362
you buy card packs and make decks for each of the heroes

for example, i have a deck primarily focused on damage and attack speed and another deck based on damage and crit

when you load into a game, you pick which of the decks you want to play with that hero (if you didnt' make a deck, you're given a basic starter one which is decent)

then you buy cards like you would buy items in any other moba

>last hit minions
>get "card experience points" or CXP
>get enough CXP and you get 3 Card Points to spend
>go back to shop and buy the cards from your deck up to how many card points you have (so you can buy three 1 cost cards, or one 2 cost and one 1 cost, or a single 3 cost card, etc.)
>>
>>332216794
so at some point you are maxed out "itemwise"?

also, how big are teams? 5v5?
>>
>>332216998
Yeah. at some point you have all your slots filled with fully upgraded cards.

and yeah 5v5. 3 lanes. complex jungle. easy to get lost in it imo.
>>
>>332217196
is there some kind of warding? detection? can cards change your abilities, give immunities, etc. or is it just stats buffs?
>>
>>332217594
Wards, yes
everyone starts out with a basic ward card that has 1 use (refills each time you go back)

there are other ward cards that have 2 charges or even have "shadow wards"

basic wards are visible to everyone and reveal all non-cloaked enemies in its sight range (so if you fuck up and shove a ward into a corner, it's going to be useless)

shadow wards only appear for a brief moment when they are placed and reveal all enemies, cloaked and non-cloaked in its sight range

as for actives, yes, to that as well, pic related 4 cost card with Cleanse active to remove slows and roots, bleeding, etc.

the game's still pretty new, so there aren't that many cards, but Epic GAmes have already said they really want active cards to have a major role in it, which is why everyone has 6 item slots (4 for cards with active abilities and 2 for card with passive abilities)
>>
>>332214984
The only moba I enjoyed was Dawngate and it got shitcanned.
>>
>>332218024
ok seems nice, feared there might be no depth to it. will give it a spin tomorrow.
>>
>>332218162
:(
>>
Too bad it's so terribly balanced. Grux and Feng mao are disgustingly op, no wonder every epic dev plays grux. It has potential to be a good game
>>
>>332218162
I agree. THanks for making me feel like shit for reminding me it existed fuck face.

and fuck EA. That's why i'm not supporting EA. Fuckers.

I do kind of like this paragon game though, but needs more heroes desperately. It's very barren.
>>
how big is the community right now?
>>
>>332218862
It is pretty fucking beta though, i mean half the things don't even have fucking skins (jungle creeps specifically).

I mean complaining about balance in such a crazy alpha state game is silly if you aren't actively ttalking about this on their forums to provide that feedback.

A good way to to do it, too, is to play grux and go on like a 30 game win streak and post that shit on the forums. Be like this stupid shit needs to be fixed.

>>332218940
Who knows. Big enough.
>>
>assfaggots
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.