[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games that are acclaimed by /v/ that haven't aged well
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 38
File: MorrowindCOVER.jpg (62 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
MorrowindCOVER.jpg
62 KB, 375x500
Just bought this, 5 hours in and still waiting for it to get good
>>
>>332204001
Never
>>
>>332204041
same
>>
>>332204001
All the CRPGs
>>
>>332204001
>>332204128
>>332204204
ADHD children detected
>>
>>332204001
If you are 5 hours in and still don't think it is good then you might as well stop because you don't understand it
>>
>>332204274
Understand what?
>>
>>332204319
Why are you so autistic and buttmad faggot. Deal with an opinion like an adult.
>>
>>332204352
The deep, structured complexity of the lore and it's multiple illusions to classical scripture.
I wouldn't expect you to understand, you're not very intelligent and it is obvious your tastes are not refined at all to experience the true nature of this beautiful, beautiful, work of art: Morrowind.
>>
>>332204352
THE CONCEPT OF LOVE
>>
>>332204001
It's aged perfectly well.

You're just a pleb.
>>
>>332204001
You may as well stop. If a game hasn't caught your attention after 5 hours. It never will.
>>
>>332204001
Go back to The Division then
This game has aged perfectly
>>
>>332204517
All I've gotten are "go here to do quest".
I really want to be immersed in the lore but it's difficult to be immersed when it really feels like video game.

>>332204692
I've reached Balmoral and the guy is just telling me to join the guids, then do the quests etc. Am I a bit early in the game to judge maybe?
>>
>>332204923
>>332204824
>>332204319
>>332204159
>>332205013
If you don't like a thread just leave it you fucking /b/tard sperglord
>>
>>332204824
>>332204923
>>332205013
Literally /b/ tier.
>>
It took 12hours for the game to get fun for me

got bored anyway, uninstalled :l

That's what you get for listening to /v/
>>
>>332204945
I was just joking with that super pretentious post. Morrowind really doesn't have a great intro. I have about 10 hours in now and I think the biggest enjoyment is just experiencing the foreign world and culture.
Sure, the quests suck, but you just have to immerse yourself in the culture and travel around the world, really taking everything in.
>>
>>332205582
Retard.
>>
Pro-tip: Stick to the main quest.
>>
>>332205892
Seriously? Why?
>>
>>332206137
>>332206289
>>332206387
>>332206501
Spooderman, why are you bumping this thread?
>>
Deus Ex. I like the game but it aged like nigger cum.
>>
>>332206729
No it didn't
>>
>>332204001
Recently installed it after many years
I player it the first time on 2004 and loved it, but now i'm having an hard time playing
>>
MODS=GODS
>>
>>332204001
It is unfortunate that some games are "you just had to be there" tier. Just like memes. Morrowind is one of them.
>>
Morrowind
Deus Ex
System Shock
Any old Infinity Engine RPG
Fallout 2 (but not Fallout 1)
>>
>>332204517
>it's
>illusions
>understand,
It just keeps getting worse.
>>
Oblivion.

I hate the resurgence that game's beginning to have.
>>
>>332207961
You wouldn't understand, your not on my intellectual level.
>>
>>332207973
Oblivion was the shit back when it came out though
>>
>>332208158

Early console game with hours of content is bound to sell well.

The only good thing that ever came from Oblivion were the quests and Shivering Isles.
>>
>>332207973
Oblivion hasn't aged badly, it just has lots of flaws that are just as apparent now as they were when they came out.

Potato-faces and full Daedric armor wearing bandits being the worst offenders.
>>
File: oblivion argonian.jpg (222 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
oblivion argonian.jpg
222 KB, 1024x576
>>332207973
Jesus Christ this. Such a fucking shit game. World feels so alive and real with all that RNG loot, mobs scaling with the player, levelled quest rewards invariably winding up shit 5 levels after acquiring, rubber suit lizard men, potato heads, flat grasslands from every corner and throughout, copy paste ruins as far as the eye can see, and fucking trees with panels of low res foliage that turn with you.

But holy fucking shit is it comfy and some of the quests don't suck guys. ;)
>>
>>332207973
>>332208158
>>332208427
>>332208436
Agreed but Morrowind's aged a lot worse.
>>
>>332208540
Only graphically.
>>
>>332208735
The quests too
>>
>>332208540

I disagree. If you want a old-school, stat-based RPG, then Morrowind's a solid choice, but I struggle to find who I'd recommend Oblivion to nowadays. I have no problem going back to it myself since I have a lot of nostalgia for it but I don't see a new player picking this up and enjoying it.

Too complicated for the casual crowd, too simplified for anyone that has played a RPG before. That's how I see it anyways.
>>
>>332208735
And in dialogue.
And in quests.
And in AI.
>>
>>332208953
I agree, except that I would recommend SI to almost everyone.
>>
File: Morrowind Argonian.jpg (251 KB, 780x516) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind Argonian.jpg
251 KB, 780x516
>>332208839
The shitty quests didn't "age." They were always begging to be improved in the sequel. Whereas the graphics were actually praised in general at release and are an abomination today.

>>332209017
Important NPC dialogue was just as good as any other Shitthesda game. NPCs only sin in dialogue was in every single one offering ALL FUCKING OPTIONS.

AI, again, didn't "age". It was always shit and we wanted it improved in the sequel before Oblivion was ever announced.
>>
File: 1381289609869.jpg (10 KB, 168x159) Image search: [Google]
1381289609869.jpg
10 KB, 168x159
>>332204262
Every CRPG I've played so far has been pretty bad, but I liked morrowind

They're a product of their time
>>
>>332204001
Pack a lunch.
It takes awhile for the nostalgia goggles to kick in .
>>
>>332204945
Yeah think for starters just stick with the main quest, do some exploring in whatever towns/cities your quests take you to, & maybe explore your options in both combat & magic.

If you run into anything that's tough then leave it for later & look for something else to strengthen you in the meantime.

Eventually you'll probably find some areas to be really interesting, memorize parts of the map like the back of your hand, & just be engrossed in the world's politics. The really foreign-looking towns don't show up until a bit later in the questline.

You're not complaining about missing when attacking so I'm guessing you're familiar with fatigue & weapon stats. I'm gonna get burned for this, but if walking/running around is getting to you then it helps to install a mod that increases your movement speed by 1.5-2x, but remove it when you've sufficiently levelled acrobatics (was it acrobatics?). Just be prepared for cartoonish hyper-stepping if you do.
>>
>>332206190
Not him. When someone is having trouble acclimating to an open-world game, it's best to, for starters at least, stick to the main quest while exploring local areas the questline takes you to, until it just clicks.
>>
Morrowind would've looked a lot better if they'd gone with a stylized art style rather than trying (and failing) to be "realistic."
>>
>this thread before being cleaned by mods
It's thread like this that make obvious how much cancer the Morrowind fanbase is.

Actual games aside, of all TES the worst fanbase by far.
>>
>>332210028
>>
File: 1456089899798.gif (957 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
1456089899798.gif
957 KB, 500x418
>5 hours
>Expecting an old school RPG to instantly reward you without learning the mechanics and taking some risks

Take the time to find out what skills you want to level up. Feel free to explore the swamps near Balmora or some daedric ruins if you're interested in weapons. Don't be surprised when you get your ass handed to you for not preparing though.
>>
>>332210129
>>
>>332210142
>without learning the mechanics and taking some risks
Wait where the fuck are you taking this part from? Did OP tell you something in private he is not telling us?
>>
>>332210215
>>
>>332204001
>waiting
You're supposed to MAKE shit happen, not wait for it to happen.
>>
File: goggles.jpg (53 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
goggles.jpg
53 KB, 800x450
>>332210032
The morrowind fanbase actually likes to discuss the game.
It's probably some asshurt skyrim kiddy that was shitposting.

>>332209793
>nostalgia goggles
I played the game 3 years ago, and still play it on occasion.
Does that make me a raging nostalgia-fag, a rabid fan-boy, or something in between?
>>
>>332210319
>>
>>332210028
>Morrowind would've looked a lot better if they'd gone with a stylized art style rather than trying (and failing) to be "realistic."
Do you work for Bethesda? No?
Then you're not in the position to say what they were going for, this is what they wanted
>>
>>332210032
Fallout fans are pretty awful...
>>
>>332210459
As few polygons and pixels as possible.
>>
>>332210129
>>332210215
>>332210319
>>332210418
Didn't you get chased out of /tesg/ for being a massive retard?
>>
>>332210549
No? Only posted these once before. That thread got deleted for some reason only a few dozen posts in.
>>
File: 1445883362100.jpg (22 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
1445883362100.jpg
22 KB, 575x323
>>332210374
>actually likes to discuss the game
Maybe a small minority. Or maybe they like to discuss among themselves only, because the moment someone criticizes it they go full retard mode.

Once I COMPLIMENTED the game not having map markers, but then pointed out a few quests as being shallow, and one of you actually quoted me and said I suck because I want the game to hold my hand.
>>
>>332210640
someone who called themselves the watercoloranon was working on a compete texture replacement mod that does this used to generally be a retard around there
>>
>>332210524
1/10=
>>
>>332210827
Not me. Pictured textures are just vanilla textures blown up to twice their size with a watercolor effect thrown on top.
>>
>>332210793
well to be fair, you do seem kinda slow.
>>
>>332204517

i fucking smash dark souls bro
>>
>>332204001
if you're not enjoying it so far you aren't likely to do so, not your cup of tea, for me personally, it was how indept the leveling and character building was, and the amount of armor, as well as the enriching world with loads of detail from priest robes having scriptures on them, to different clothing of the ashlanders wore because they did trade with different groups, as well as the story of different factions intermingling with others interested me, if you still haven't gotten a grasp on it then you won't enjoy it this run, maybe in the future you'll get into it but not now
>>
>>332211089
There it is, the Morrowind fanbase, everyone.
>>
>>332211145
You don't get any of that within the first five hours, man.
>>
>>332206190
When I first played it, it really didn't like it.
A friend told me to stick to the main quest and read some books.
That made me fall in love with it.
>>
File: Morrowind bonemold concept.jpg (394 KB, 564x749) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind bonemold concept.jpg
394 KB, 564x749
>>332210793
Hi. Morrowind fan here and I see you have a bit of anecdote stuck up your ass. I know confirmation bias will see you completely dismiss me in the future but I'll go ahead and give this a try anyway:

Morrowind's quests were by and large shallow fetch quests with overly obtuse, misleading or often plain incorrect information in the quest logs.

It had gems and the lore and world that informed those quests is what endears the game to most, I wager.
>>
>>332210793
that goes with the concept of anonymous posting, anon. You can't really expect anyone to know your internal world and your internal 'post-consistency'.
(You) are what you are only in that post and you should try to argue from the basic statements made in that post solely. I guess you tried to argue with that person, and if he didn't see a clear contradiction of his statements even though you tried your hardest, he was a lost cause. Just don't put that notion on the concept of '/v/ hivemind', or 'typical opinion of /v/', since there's no consistency to it.
>>
>>332209836
>spoiler
You're thinking of Athletics.
Though I'd still recommend some strategies to deal with it as intended first, resorting to that only if you simply cannot stand it. The huge amount of customization and variety of ways to approach problems are one of Morrowind's greatest strengths.

The first thing is to watch your encumbrance, especiqlly for weak mage/thief type characters. You move a lot faster and your fatigue drains slower when you're carrying a light load. Pack rats may find that Strength actually does more for their mobility than Speed at certain thresholds. I'd also buy the Amulet of Stamina from the enchanter in the Balmora Mages guild. It's cheap and recharges extremely quickly, so it is an easy way to keet your fatigue topped up even when running - just hotkey it and use it whenever your green bar isn't full. As a nice side effect it'll also level your Enchant skill quite a bit just because of how frequently you use it. Once you're wealthier you can make even more efficient fatigue restoring items, and with a high level soul you can even make equipment that passively restores it so you can run everywhere without worrying much.

Even if your alchemy is shit, you can still easily make a ton of fatigue potions. Visiting a plantation or looting an egg mine will net you enough materials to make dozens, so you can always have a supply to get you ready for combat after a jog. The most common restore fatigue ingredients are very light (except eggs), so the resulting potions won't contribute much to your encumbrance either.
>>
>>332211279
you're joking right? first 30 minutes i got that, especially in balmora, the fucking streets of it was so fucking unique, the temple was dark, brooding and foreign, the hlaalu house was aristocracy incarnate in balmora, and the taverns had some gangsters outside talking shit and calling me outlander, don't foget the fucking guards, their armor was legit, it was foreign, not medieval or roman, and waaaay more alien than anything i knew of back then. not only that, going into cassius' house and finding the skooma shit, as well as the plates being poor quality where as the plates and decor in the hlaalu house was that of high class, games interesting from the start in its setting and atmosphere, as well as furniture and armor, even some people, dialog is shit though, no one has personality
>>
>>332211428
I really just posted the one example that was more intense. It's not like I'm basing my entire opinion on that one anon who probably had some kind of retardation.

There are countless, smaller occasions, the likes of >>332211089 that with the years formed my opinion. Do not think my opinion was formed by only a handful of instances, because it was not.

>>332211378
I mostly agree. I didn't really think the quest log information was a problem, that was actually some of the points I enjoyed about the game. It did have it's fair share of shallow quests though, including literal fetch ones.
>>
>>332211601
Most people in the first 5 hours just do fargoth's quest, go to balmora, find caius's house, and kill a couple bandits for the fighters guild.
>>
>>332211436
This guy gets it. Go around using the tools & materials the world provides you to solve your issues with it.
And then to break the game.
>>
>>332211897
i guess you're right, i liked exploring a bit cuz i knew the quests weren't going to go anywhere, and i'm sure many others do too
>>
>>332212101
I think once you encounter the sixth house and the ashlanders is when the game really picks up
>>
>>332211145
>maybe in the future you'll get into
This is key, I started playing Morrowind when it first came out & quit. Half a year later I tried again & eventually quit.
Another half-year later I read up a bit more on what you can do in an old magazine (RIP Computer Gaming World), got back into the world & it stuck with me. Shortly I was taking leaps across the whole island.
>>
>>332204001
Oblivion was my first TES, then Skyrim, and I have to say Morrowind ruined them both for me.
Now I can't play Oblivion for more than 2 hours, it doesn't matter how much I mod them, Skyrim lasts even less since I jerk off and close it.
>>
Anyone else feel like Morrowind has one of the most satisfying character progressions in any rpg?
In the beginning, you suck at everything, get outpaced by a snail, can't even hit shit with your sword.
Then you train your skills, find powerful and unique gear, exploit alchemy and suddenly you're a bad motherfucker, you can fly, jump over buildings, kill powerful enemies with a single strike etc.
I don't know many games that do character progressions as well tbqh, except the Gothic series.
Oblivion doesn't because you end up fighting level scaled damage sponges for the rest of the game. Skyrim does level scaling better than Oblivion but you always jump the same height, run at the same pace, it just doesn't feel like your character improves in any way.
This is why i think Morrowind is the best out of the three.
>>
>>332213162
You make me feel like I made a mistake going for a magey character.
>>
So, I'm roughly 40 hours in, completed three guilds (House Redoran, Imperial Cult, Fighters Guild) and explored much of the world. Just starting the main quest now. But somehow, all quests were fetch quests ao far that weren't really inreresting. The world is nice, the lore in books and dialogues is great so far, but the quests are not. Do they get better during the main quest and both addons?
>>
>>332213638
Questing isn't really one of Morrowind's strong points. Not to say you won't find any interesting ones, because you will, just don't expect to be constantly engaged because of the quests themselves.
>>
>>332213630
why? mages are OP, and they get a general sense of more OP as you level up
>>
It's that thread again. :D
>kek le miss miss miss meemee
>>
>>332213630
It doesn't really matter what you class you roll, visit some trainers for the skills you want to use, you will likely end up with so much gold that you can max every skill just through training.
Also increase your attributes with buff potions and spells and you're set.
>>
>>332213925
Didn't feel that way to me. I would just explode things with 2 spells, then with 1. Then with 1. Then with 1.

I'm not TOO far into the game.
>>
>>332213162
I don't like to exploit the alchemy intelligence loop, but I agree with the rest. The sense of progression in Morrowind is fantastic. The Tribunal expansion fucked that over a bit, though, with how much money it hands you in the form of DB armor. And if you actually use light armor it's even worse since you have a full suit of the second best armor in the game from the start. Anyone playing for the first time should get the mod that delays the attacks to bring back vanilla Morrowind's progression.

Once you know where everything is and how everything works it becomes a test of your self restraint to not make godly characters every time, but that first blind playthrough is magical.
>>
>>332213990
You're the first person to mention missing
>>
>>332213990
Amazing contribution. You are the only person talking about missing though. Way to go fanboy.
>>
>>332213638
The main quest gets interesting when you get to Vivec and he starts to spew his bullshit, but mechanically it never changes from killing stuff and fetching items.
The same goes for Tribunal and Bloodmoon actually.
Most of the interesting stuff in Morrowind is conveyed through text and environment instead of mechanics, I think that's its biggest flaw.

The same goes for other quests outside of the main quest, sure, you have interesting ones, but they're never interesting gameplay-wise like some quests in Oblivion.

>>332213630
Mages are insane in Morrowind.
Just don't bother much with destruction since reflects are a bitch, although you can work over them with cleverness.
>>
File: 20160327170045_1.jpg (268 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
20160327170045_1.jpg
268 KB, 1024x768
The game can actually look really beautiful if you mod it the right way.
>>
>>332214143
I feel like the alchemy exploit is just a way of becoming like all those powerful godlike characters you meet on your journey.
The tribunal basically attained powers they were not supposed to have, so why can't I?
Just a part of the game for me, really.
>>
File: 20160327170101_1.jpg (209 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
20160327170101_1.jpg
209 KB, 1024x768
>>332214687
>>
>>332214743
Everyone has their own little stories they tell themselves to justify exploiting.

I'm not calling you anything, I'm just saying.
>>
>>332208427
There's nothing wrong with good old bandits wearing daedric armor. You think they didn't venture into the deadlands during the Oblivion crysis? You think they didn't fight for their lives,defended their homes kicking dremora ass? Nay, they are adventurers just like you. North-west of kvatch is basically the banditland with shit-tons of camps. There are no land draughts there that are so frequent in the south swamplands, no Vampires(since all the badass and powerful ones live in towns, there's like 3 nobles just in the imperial city and 1 of them has a whole fucking celar/tomb full of vampires INSIDE the fucking imperial city.) no ogres,wisps or anything because the land is desolate. Just the good old bandits and Oblivion gates.

So of course they would get all dat enchanted op gear. Especially the ones near Kvatch.You just have to git gud and subjucate them like a proper citizen of the empire would do, not whine about how hard it is...got that you fuckboy?
>>
>>332214789
Looks like shit, was this game made in 2002? fucking lmao

>So this is the power of pc "gayming"
>>
>>332204001
Have you tried not being a faggot?
>>
>>332204517
>deep, structured complexity of the lore and it's multiple illusions to classical scripture.

bait
>>
File: 20160327170136_1.jpg (292 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
20160327170136_1.jpg
292 KB, 1024x768
>>332214959
>>
>>332214872
I'm not trying to justify myself, it's just my opinion that Morrowind is one of those games where you don't get the full experience if you always play by the rules.
>>
>>332204517
>illusions
intothetrash.jpeg
>>
>>332214743
That's fine when the reward matches the effort, like with Alchemy where you need endgame souls and cash to make the game-changing enchantments, but the alchemy exploit is just too easy and simple. It's essentially cheating.

That's just how I feel when I actually abuse it, I mean. By no means is this a judgement on how anyone else should play the game.
>>
>>332215256
>like with Alchemy
I mean Enchanting, obviously.
>>
File: feggit.jpg (562 KB, 1174x1080) Image search: [Google]
feggit.jpg
562 KB, 1174x1080
>>332204517
>this whole fucking post
AHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>332204001
I'm five inches into your mom's cunt and still waiting for it to get good.
>>
>>332204001
It will get good as soon as go back to skyrim kiddo. Just keep choking down that Tod Howerd cock.
>>
>>332215151
Well, there is "not playing by the rules" and then there is "completely breaking the entire economy", while one classifies into the other I'd still say they are not quite the same thing.
>>
>>332215663
Ironically most faggots that like skyshit also liked morrowshit.
>>
>>332204001
It will get good as soon as you go back to skyrim kiddo. Just keep choking down that Tod Howerd cock.
>>
>>332215663
>>332215413
>morrowind fans
>>
File: image.png (266 KB, 368x657) Image search: [Google]
image.png
266 KB, 368x657
>>332204517
>>
>>332215789
Toddbabies
>>
>>332207961
>>332215016
>>332215175
>>332215383
>>332215883
Guys please, stop bullying. That's not cool.
>>
>>332214080
It's the utility spells that are so damn fun in Morrowind. Like a spell to fortify Strength and/or Speed super high for a single second; just long enough to start a leap. And of course making your own fast travel system with mark/recall, the two interventions, and levitation. The illusion spells to influence NPC behavior are fun to dick around with, as well. Also a tip for conjuration: You can summon as many creatures as you want. You just need to make a separate spell or enchantmwnt for each one. For example, if you make two "Summon Skeleton for X seconds" spells, you can cast them both for two Skeletons. You can also make constant effect summon enchantments for a permanent companion that will be revived whenever you re-equip the enchanted item.
>>
>>332215789
>Hi kids, neo /v/ here. Remember, critical thinking and derision levied toward shallow shit piles like Skyrim is not tolerated. If somebody you know starts liking games with more than five quests and game mechanics deeper than mashing X to win, report them to the local gestapo immediately.
>>
>>332215943
todd was the project leader and designer of morrowind and for the expansions that followed, stupid.
>>
File: ef5.png (283 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
ef5.png
283 KB, 500x312
>>332215663
todd howard made both games, i'm not sure what you're bitching about here
>>
>>332215767
Said the retard.
>>
>>332207872

Fallout 1 is fucking garbage.

What the fuck were they thinking? Timed games are rarely fun.
>>
>>332216228
Nice insult, makes for a great argument.

Morrowshit fans everyone.
>>
>>332216043
What are you talking about? Are you delusional? The two posts I quoted had one thing in common, and that's not Skyrim. Are you conveniently ignoring the quality of said posts where instead of actually contributing to anything, didn't go deeper than "your mom's cunt"?
>>
>>332204517
>illusions
Either low quality bait or you can't spell. Maybe both?
>>
File: PS4 cutscene.jpg (84 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
PS4 cutscene.jpg
84 KB, 640x480
>>332216286
Fallout 1 and Majora's Mask are the best of both series though. Fuck you and your shit opinions.
>>
>>332216437
You got the reply you deserve stupid.
>>
Just installed Morrowind, any neccessary mods or things I should know before I start?
>>
>>332216525
>mfw there are people who think Fallout3/NV/4 are good
>>
>>332214959

Who are you quoting?
>>
>>332208328
>shivering Isles
Mah nigga
>>
>>332216636
I'm sorry you have shit taste fuckface now go end your life on cam.
>>
>>332216465
The fuck did you just say to me kid? Don't ever fucking reply to me unless you have something worth saying. Faggot.
>>
>>332213162
This guy gets it
>>
>>332216670
Required to run Morrowind at modern resolutions http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/41102/?
>>
File: 1458849972335.png (188 KB, 434x600) Image search: [Google]
1458849972335.png
188 KB, 434x600
>>332216813
>>
>>332216525

>Ayyyy guiz look at me I'm a contrarian xD

Fuck off hipster. Everyone knows Fallout 2, Fallout NV and aLttP are the best in their respective series.
>>
>>332213990
Dark Souls babies everyone
>>
File: 1446247816518.jpg (124 KB, 1200x1570) Image search: [Google]
1446247816518.jpg
124 KB, 1200x1570
>>332216828
>>332216813
>>332216636
>>332216228
>>332216043
>>332215770
>>332215767
>>332215663
>>332215413
>>332215003
>>332213990
And then this person >>332211378
calls my opinion of Morrowind fans "confirmation bias".

Not to mention the deleted spiderman posts.
>>
>>332216670
No reason not to use the Morrowind Code Patch. Just stick to the bugfix options. Also Delayed DB Attacks and Soltheim Rumor Fix. Other than that vanilla is great. There's lots of mods that improve the experience but they're up to personal preference. If anything annoys you about the game there's probably a mod to address it out there.

>>332216875
Technically Morrowind can run at any resolution vanilla, but the FOV suffers majorly in widescreen without it. MGE XE is definitely worth getting for that and a ton of other optional graphical enhancements.
>>
>>332217009
Make sure you link it on /v/ before too, I've always want to watch worthless human garbage kill themselves
>>
>>332217257
Did you pick posts at random or are you just stupid?
>>
>>332217557
I'd wager the latter.
>>
>>332217387
Keep crying faggot, your butthurt is funny.
>>
>>332217557
>>332217650
>replies with STUPID
Morrowind fans, once again. You really can't make this shit up.
>>
>>332216875
>>332217317
cheers
>>
>>332217845
So far you are proving us right about you being stupid
>>
>>332217257
>>332217845
>Falls for obvious false flaggers.
Feels like someone real is falling for trolling.
>Maintains ridiculous "This is what everyone who likes X game is like!" generalization schtick.
Okay now it feels like a deeper level of false flagging maybe. Are you actually a Morrowind Fan trying to poison another faction's well?

Is this some meta trolling here? Am I too old for the internet now? I don't get the angle here.
>>
File: 1454970165074.jpg (39 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1454970165074.jpg
39 KB, 400x600
>>332217557
>out of 11 posts, a grand total of 2 (two) were not made by Morrowind fans
>Morrowind fan manages to miss all 9 and focuses on those 2
Damn son.
>>
>>332218192
>This is what everyone who likes X game is like!
Obviously not everyone, there are legit people just happen to really like the game and enjoy discussing about it. However, if you count their posts in this thread compared to "5 inches in your mums cunt" you will see they are a vast minority.
>>
>>332218214
Fine, he did not pick posts at random, he is just a retard. Happy now?
>>
>>332217845
I think you really ARE making that shit up.
>>
>>332218448
>still doing his best to completely ignore all the legit posts and focusing on 2 out of 11
>>
>>332218214
>Moron tries to insult the opposition and can't even identify them properly
>Gets called out
>B-but it isn't like, SUPER-wrong, it's just a BIT wrong!
>>
File: 1362544327601.png (197 KB, 294x256) Image search: [Google]
1362544327601.png
197 KB, 294x256
I always go through these threads and I always wonder the same thing

How many of you here know that Todd Howard made Morrowind?
>>
>>332218627
But why'd he even care about "the nine" when he doesn't agree with the person pointing to them that there's anything wrong?
>>
>>332218674
Explains why it's shit though....
>>
>>332218672
>fuck those 9 posts really are garbage material, oh wait these 2 here don't match, better focus on THOSE and pretend I missed all the other 9
>>
>>332218674
Todd Howard makes a lot of great games, so there's no surprise there.
>>
File: 1430593801228.jpg (111 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1430593801228.jpg
111 KB, 400x300
>>332218627
>>
>>332218780
>>
Wait, you don't think there is anything wrong with "have you tried not being a faggot" and "I'm 5 inches in your moms cunt"? Are you serious?
>>
>>332218857
Try to remember that your opposition doesn't agree with you.
They don't think there's an issue with those nine posts.
>>
>>332219063
Compared to OP's post, no.

Buying a 14 years old game, playing five hours of it, and then complaining loudly online with no explanation about it "not yet being good."

This sounds like exactly the kind of idiot that needs a reaming on /v/.
>>
Why is every Morowind thread ultimately destined to be shit?
>>
File: system shock 2.jpg (13 KB, 200x257) Image search: [Google]
system shock 2.jpg
13 KB, 200x257
System Shock 2. How the fuck i am suppossed to play this game. Pistol is useless after few shots, control is slow shit, and enemies are quick and vicious as fuck.Cant even think about game with more difficut start desu
>>
>>332219727
Because the few ones that don't start out that way quickly get infested with people that just want to see the fans angry.
>>
>>332219727
Morrowind threads attract it's fanbase, and overall it's a shit fanbase. For every decent post such as >>332210374 you get 10 of >>332215413

There, that's every Morrowind thread as you point out.
>>
File: 1418368099924.jpg (21 KB, 286x225) Image search: [Google]
1418368099924.jpg
21 KB, 286x225
>>332219968
>>
>>332220161
Excuse me, I forgot to mention the fan that can't prove anyone wrong and posts with reaction images or memes instead.
>>
>>332219727
The good threads are usually later at night for whatever reason. It mostly depends on the OP. If it's a "find a flaw" or series war thread then it's designed for shitposting from the start. Same story if the topic is how it's the best RPG ever, is the most overrated RPG ever, is the worst RPG ever, etc.

Good threads generally start with gameplay advice or lore discussion.
>>
I don't care about OP and the stupid fucks who hate Morrowind, just tell me if I can play it through OpenMW and whether it will be stable and as good as or better than the first time?
As long as I don't notice any bugs, then I'd be happy
>>
>>332220231
You get the replies you deserve.
>>
>>332220447
You can. It's fully playable and runs better than gamebryo. Last I heard is thay it's missing shadows and shaders, but besides graphics it's feature complete.
>>
>>332220695
fuck yes finally i can play on ubantoes
>>
>>332220635
I pointed out how things are, while providing real examples to back my statement up. While you, well, basically your answer was to call me a name.

If we are talking about "deserving" for quality of answers, I would have gone to your level and answered your post with some smug anime girl.
>>
>>332218674
George Lucas also made the original Star Wars trilogy, what's your point
>>
>>332219968
You're fucking new. Morrowind threads used to be renowned as the greatest threads on /v/, along with DeS threads, and threads discussing pornography.
Also there used to be some decent Zelda threads back before Skyward Sword.
>>
File: rarest pepe.jpg (138 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
rarest pepe.jpg
138 KB, 540x540
>>332219968
>Mock game and its fans as bait
>Use people who fling shit back as justification for your own shitposting

The perfect crime.
>>
File: 1393104989336.jpg (8 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
1393104989336.jpg
8 KB, 265x190
>>332221061
>>
>>332221535
This. Morrowind threads are usually the confiests.
>>
>>332221535
The point being there are people who act like Todd has never played morrowind and that he has no right in changing the lore how he wants.
>>
>>332221592
What are you even talking about? The person I quoted to in that post was replying to OP, not to me.

>>332221615
Read this >>332219968 post again then, it is exactly what I said it is. I'm stating something, and providing real examples to back it up. Your answer was an image calling me an idiot, in this >>332220161

You see, everything I said was what happened. Going full denial doesn't really change the way things are anon.
>>
>>332221909
Sometimes I think George Lucas never saw the original Star Wars trilogy.
>>
>>332204001
Graphics are ass without mods, always have been. Atmosphere is great though.
Gameplay is archaic, but when you figure out the diceroll system it's perfectly playable (and once you really get it you can abuse the shit out of it and become an overpowered god).
Get the graphics overhaul and just enjoy the grand adventure without the babby-mode handholding that is so prevalent in modern games. Instead you gotta read dialog, check your map and surroundings, and occasionally consult your journal.
>>
>>332219968
>Morrowind threads
Every TES thread attracts them
Morrowind is a cool game and surpasses its succesors in many ways but for fucks sake you can't even mention Oblivion without a bunch of butthurt autist coming to start a shit flinging that lasts for the remaining of the thread
>>
>>332221583
>used to be
And yet what here is what they are now. Altering events, posting meme images as opposed to arguing, ignoring proves, going around calling people idiots, morons, retards and replying about their mom's cunt. Just see for yourself.
>>
>>332222476
it's just indicative of where 4chan has gone in the last 2 or 3 years, this site was always pretty degenerate but there was a turning point around the time when gamergate and the fappening quieted down and things just went to complete shit, the simplest way to describe it is that generation z seemed to have found out about this place.
>>
>>332214959
2001 Actually
>>
>>332222464

Oblivion is the second worst mainline Elder Scrolls game next to Arena, with its only redeeming quality being the Shivering Isles expansion

Daggerfall gets cuckekd on /v/ thanks to /vr/

Even if Morrowind is still the best TES game, Skyrim is a pretty good game that solves the majority of the problems with Oblivion
>>
>>332204001
You have to be over 18 to post here you ADHD child
>>
>>332223137
Morrowind is the best overall game with the best world building
Oblivion hadsthe best Quest design and SI
Daggerfall has the best mechanical freedom
Skyrim is CoD with swords
>>
File: facepalm.gif (2 MB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.gif
2 MB, 440x330
>>332214959
>posts like this aren't immediately deleted
>>
Console pleb tries to into pc
>>
>>332204517
tips meme hat xD
>>
>>332223137
>Skyrim is a pretty good game that solves the majority of the problems with Oblivion
wew lad
>>
>>332210827
Wait

PeterBlitt is an anon here?

He's been making some cool PBR replacers for the graphics extender
>>
>Reinstall Morrowind
>Go through the effort to install and configure MGSO 3.0
>2 weeks later still haven't started the game

Fuck sake, always get stuck on character creation. I want a jack of all trades, someone who doesn't buy shit but lives off what he finds. he uses any weapon or armour as best he can. What should my skills be? I was thinking just put everything in social/support skills with some magic.

Morrowind has become that kinda game where reinstalling it and having it around just in case is more therapeutic than actually playing it.
>>
>>332224470
He went by some stupid name that I can't be bothered to remember, but he used to post pictures of his work all the time in /tesg/, sometimes he posted on /v/
>>
>>332214143
I'm playing Rebirth in OpenMW as an Altmer Atronach.

Half my money goes into restore magicka potions because Rebirth gets rid of alot of the auto restocking ingredients

Also Rebirth's edits to cities are really fucking good, I wish I could combine it with open Canton vivec
>>
>>332224436
Skyrim fixed some of the worst problems in Oblivion, namely the dumb level scaling, some of the shitty looting, the fact that bandits ran around in rare glass armor, the boring tutorial intro, the potato faces, and the copypasta Oblivion gates and general terrain

Skyrim fucked up in other areas too, though. Namely with crafting, the shitty journal system and over reliance on quest markers, most of the guild quests, dialogue, the over reliance on essential NPCs (carried over from Oblivion), and the overall lack of reactivity to your actions (nobody seems to give a shit that you killed the Emperor, while people in Oblivion shit their pants that you're the Hero of Kvatch)
>>
>>332215086

MGEXE has support for normal maps now right?

I know Morrowind's always had that weird form of bump mapping that looked kinda funky.

I just can't wait till MGEXE gets ported into OpenMW. It's already really stable, only thing that keeps it from running super well now is the physics/collision detection is unoptimized in my experience.
>>
>>332223705
Mods are a bunch of nintenyearold shit posting faggots, welcome to /v/
>>
>>332217038
Fallout 2 was meme incarnate it has a fucking tumblr tartus for Gods sakes
>>
>>332204517
Tasty bait
>>
>>332215789
Morrowind fans only have become so hostile because for the past year or so it's been really hard to have a decent thread without miss posting.

There was fanboyism and xenophobia before, but half of that was Deus Ex:Recut "desperate" style shitposting, impersonating dickass Telvanni wizards.

Daily reminder that argonians and yiffags belong on a plantation.
>>
File: Morrowind art 06.jpg (200 KB, 600x909) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind art 06.jpg
200 KB, 600x909
>>332225432
Skyrim everything with Oblivion's quests and Morrowind's skill diversity would be GOAT. Fight me.
>>
>>332225891
What happened in the past year?
>>
>>332226035
MISS.webm shitposting, niggas shouldn't respond, bit this is /v/ so whatever.

>>332226025

My problem with all the other games is that I just can't get into a non xenophobic culture. I like Morrowind's culture shock
>>
>>332226035
We had amazing threads about 2 years ago when c0da was coming out, Trainwiz all the time, lore discussion all the time, it was great.

c0da was whack and kind of retarded, but I love the idea Dunmer in space, so I didn't mind.
>>
>>332226025
I can agree to that. There is something fucking special about that medieval, magical, war torn Afghanistan vibe Morrowind put out.
>>
File: Morrowind guar concept.jpg (159 KB, 729x707) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind guar concept.jpg
159 KB, 729x707
>>332227073
Was for:
>>332226554

Fuck posting while drunk. Better still, fuck posting while retarded. Gonna go beat off to traps and fall asleep while it's still light out now.
>>
>>332225891
>it's been really hard to have a decent thread without miss posting.
You know, ironically enough the only miss posting in this thread was an ironic shitpost by an angry morrowind fan. That was literally it. Nobody else mentioned missing.
>>
File: kek.jpg (27 KB, 431x300) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
27 KB, 431x300
>>332227428
>I can't detect false flaggers. I actually take posts like >>332204517 seriously and not as the obvious bait they are.

Ayyy
>>
>>332227748
Of course, every time someone shits all over something, just call them a false flagger. Flawless.
>>
File: 1454227912145.jpg (81 KB, 400x380) Image search: [Google]
1454227912145.jpg
81 KB, 400x380
>>332227428
That's just how fucking tired they are of it man, it's only recently that it's quieted down.

Most Morrowind fans don't so much shit on the games, just on Bethesda. When Fallout 4 came out is was bizzare to hear mainstream and press criticism of bethesda line up with what Morrowind fans had been bitching about forever.

Oblivion had good quests, but faces were shit and needed more hints of foreign cultures peeping their heads into the Jungle that Cyrodil should have been.

Skyrim just straight up needed more racism, race riots in the grey quarter. If the guild treated you like shit like in MW and didn't suck your dick immediately they'd be on the right track.

>>332228042
Then what the fuck is this:
>>332204517
>>
>>332228426
Yes, falseflagging is a thing, I just dislike people that see that as an opportunity to paint everything they dislike as falseflagging instead of dealing with it.
>>
File: 1439148948384.png (179 KB, 639x799) Image search: [Google]
1439148948384.png
179 KB, 639x799
>>332204001
>>332204128
>>
File: 1409557069364.jpg (166 KB, 1135x724) Image search: [Google]
1409557069364.jpg
166 KB, 1135x724
>Start playing Morrowind for the first time
>Avoid the daedric ruins at all costs because I was under-leveled
>Decided to go to one, thought I was prepared enough
>Run into one of those crocodile things, and get absolutely killed in about 20 seconds

I like how this game actively punishes you for not preparing. It makes the atmosphere that much more tense.
Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.