[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tomorrow, it will have been 10 years. Don't make this a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: MPW-49174.jpg (128 KB, 500x768) Image search: [Google]
MPW-49174.jpg
128 KB, 500x768
Tomorrow, it will have been 10 years.

Don't make this a downer thread. A lot of happy things have happened over that time.
>>
KH2 RUINED EVERYTHING
>>
What anime is this?
>>
>>332180984
The title is literally at the top of the pic.
>>
>>332180984
If its an anime why does that girl looking at the camera have a nose?
>>
>>332181725
Mickey a cute! A CUTE!
>>
>>332180891
Still one of my most favourite games ever.
No mater how many times I replay it, it doesn't get old.
>that gameplay
>that music
>that comfiness
>that final boss battle
With Final Mix it came really close to perfection.
>>
>>332180984
You have two replies, I'll spare everyone else, this is bait.
>>
>>332182062
Xemnas was hands down one of the best final bosses in video game history. I can't think of any bossfight that was as great as this one.
>that music
>those phases
>those designs
>QTEs done right (bonus damage/phase transitioning/extra movement option)
>those arenas
>that voice acting+writing
And that wasn't even everything. He was hyped up really well too. KH3 can only be a letdown.
>>
>>332182526
>KH3 can only be a letdown.
That's the main thing that makes me sad.
Osaka team will never as great of a game like KH II was, they just can't into proper game design and combat.
>>
>>332182526
I loved the fakeout after the first phase. In the back of my mind, I knew it couldn't be the whole thing because I'd snuck a peak of my brother playing it before me, but it almost had me thinking that I'd seen the secret boss and that it really was over.

What made it was the length and rhythm, and the tone of each phase.

Also, 3D's almost rivaled it, what with multiple phases again and the way Sora and Riku's individual battles played off each other, and the final triumphant "battle" against the armor.

KHIII's can only top it if you get something like a phase for each of the 7 lights and a slow build to a final showdown with Xehanort that allows everyone a chance to get a hit in. I don't know what Shimomura has in store but it needs to be something along the lines of
https://youtu.be/5UTGVk3ebSc
>>
>>332180891
I bought 1.5 and 2.5 to do a kinda-complete KH saga run. I stopped after Sora's story in CoM because I didn't want to play the exact same game a 2nd time as RIku so soon. I didn't know it was about to be KH2's 10 year anniversary, I only played it once at release even though I owned it, so maybe I'll keep going with the run.

Am I gonna be missing out on anything else that's not in 1.5 or 2.5 that I'd want to play before KH3 drops?
>>
>>332182648
Can you please summarize the Osaka/Tokyo team differences?
>>
>>332183742
Riku's story is quite different. And not as long either. And the gameplay is very different.
Just do it anon.
Also play 3D, I already forgot everything that happened but apparently it fills some plotholes and sets up for KH3. It will come out as part of KH2.8 on PS4 so you don't need a 3DS.
>>
>>332183742
Riku's story is really good Anon.
>>
>>332183426
Not enough piano / 10
>>
>>332183742
Riku's story is more challenging than Sora's. You can't control the deck, so you have to be a lot more strategic about your card usage. Did you bother with enemy cards before? You will now.
>>
>>332184132
You can't give Yoko something with piano because then she'll make the whole thing piano.
>>
>>332184650
Then it wouldn't be a Yoko song now would it?
>>
>>332180975
Woah now, don't get me wrong, I love you
>>
>>332184704
Yoko is to piano what Lewis Black is to cursing. You can't give Black a script with some cursing in it because he'll just ad-lib and all that will come out is a string of obscenities. Give him a polite letter and he'll make it just raunchy enough.
>>
>>332183997
not him but the biggest gripes are osaka not having a very good understanding of the revenge system. basically meaning when you hurt an enemy enough times and they'll switch up their combat. BBS was bad about this because bosses would randomly switch into other attacks in the middle of a combo and fuck you over with no real chance of understanding why. which leads to having to use cheap command deck moves with big invincibility frames so you won't die instantly
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.