[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm having mixed emotions about Legion. >demon hunters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8
File: download (7).jpg (12 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (7).jpg
12 KB, 300x168
I'm having mixed emotions about Legion.
>demon hunters going to turn out to be assholes
>the broken isles going to be lonely af
>class order halls might be garrison 2.0
>>
File: you are a pirate.jpg (65 KB, 1746x1080) Image search: [Google]
you are a pirate.jpg
65 KB, 1746x1080
I'm only interested in seeing what they have done with combat rogues aka outlaw.
>>
>>332174442
>the broken isles going to be lonely af

Why? What did they do?
>>
>>332174846
I think it is going to be lonely because everyone is going to be in their COH and making the world lonely. Like the whole Garrison and Draenor thing.
>>
What's going to happen with the garrison? they can't pretend it doesn't exist, it's still a good source for money. I think you can make like 2k each week if you are a jewelcrafter
>>
>>332174442
>Azermyst/Eversong Forest are only places left in WoW unchanged at all.
>>
>>332175049
I think it's still gonna be in Draenor. Not sure
>>
>>332175038
Except that it will be full of other people, COH arent instanced to players, Its a Sanctuary zone for Horde and Alli of each respective class.
>>
>>332176092
Each hall will be a lot less populated than a single big hub. Honestly, unless it has portals to everywhere I don't think I'll stop using the Shrine of Seven Stars.
>>
>classes are almost exactly the same with the removal of utility
>all content outside of CMDs and Raids is trivial
>no point logging on outside of raid nights

raiding simulator is pretty boring
>>
>>332176261
Which is why we are also getting Dalaran, Have you even looked into the expansion?
>>
File: legion.jpg (95 KB, 639x284) Image search: [Google]
legion.jpg
95 KB, 639x284
>please come back to WoW guys
>we will let you skip WoD!
>remember the good times of TBC?
>we have 1 year content droughts again
>>
>>332174442
>mixed emotions
>having any positive emotions about this garbage in the first place

WoW is dead and le edgy hunter is only here to bring back some of those edgy as fuck kids.
>>
>>332174442
>anything WoW related after 2012
what kinda masochistic nofun loving person would still wanna pay 15 a month after over 100$ worth expansions just to suck same blizzdick with exact same 2000-made gameplay mechanics on a different map?
YOU COULD JUST GET ANY PS4 TITLE AND ENJOY YOUR TIME
>>
>class order halls might be garrison 2.0
>might
They literally are garrison 2.0.
Literally in the literal definition of the word literally.
>>
Why would anyone play a fantasy mmo that isn't black desert? Holy shit. so good.
>>
>>332176420
WoW is so garbage that they let you skip multiple expansions?

holy shit.
>>
>>332177276
Because there's literally nothing else to do in WoW now than endgame raiding or endgame PvP.
Levels might as well not exist in the game.
>>
>>332177390
good, the leveling in WoW was always shit.

people always rushed to max level just to do the raids and endgame pvp. who the fuck actually enjoyed fetch quests and grouping up to collect ten boar asses?
>>
>>332176092
As a Druid, this sounds kinda neat.
>>
File: 1406271084693.jpg (27 KB, 638x693) Image search: [Google]
1406271084693.jpg
27 KB, 638x693
>People still play WoW in the fucking year 2016

What is wrong with you "people"?

You have no right to ever complain about anything video game related if you're dumb enough to subject yourself to this shit.
>>
What happens to existing garrisons? I don't want to lose my gold stream
>>
>>332175049
you can make 2k in a day just sending your team of treasure hunters (2x gold trait) off to gold missions
>>
>>332177495
If you think they won't fucknerf Garrisons' gold gain into oblivion after Legion, you're delusional.

They've always actively removed any incentives to linger in past content, especially after an expansion hits.
>>
>>332177740
Or they can just increase the gold supply further
>>
>>332175049
convert all gold gained to draenor coins which arent legal tender in azeroth
>>
File: 1437421983523.jpg (183 KB, 903x606) Image search: [Google]
1437421983523.jpg
183 KB, 903x606
>not playing the superior WoW clone instead
>>
>>332177893
>playing pedo weebshit

Yeah, nah.
>>
>>332177893
I don't feel it's superior to WoW in any way. I've played Rift, Elder Scrolls Online, SWTOR, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, FFXIV, Wildstar and Warhammer Online.

FFXIV was the one I dropped the fastest out of all of them.
>>
>>332178335
>Rift

The game had so much potential.... It was actually fucking fun to level in to max level in that game at launch.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6CWue7voA0
>Evryone is runnig with Doomhammer and Ashbringer.
>there was creatures and monsters that kinda were in WoW but had nothing to do with WoW.
This feels like the cancelled Russian mod Heart of the Storm tier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06NSUlwKbr4
>>
File: Obama.jpg (12 KB, 460x281) Image search: [Google]
Obama.jpg
12 KB, 460x281
>>332177893
>Points out problems with WoW subscribers
>Instantly tries to shill FFXIV or an independent WoW server
Every single time.
>>
>People still play the bone dust that is WoW

Wow.
Absolutely incredible
How can you live with yourself if you still play this dead shit game.
Absolutely disgusting. Activision is really making you suck their cocks for you to play their game.
>>
>>332177893
I prefer FF14 over a bunch of the alternatives, but it's the only one I absolutely cannot solo, so can't really play it.

Almost done my WoW character, then I'll try out BDO and/or Tree of Savior.
>>
>>332175049
They're removing gold missions and all the things it otherwise gives you will only be Draenor things anyway making it worthless.
>>
>>332177495
Gold Missions get removed with Legion.
>>
>>332178987
Did they say anything about the jewelcrafter daily?
>>
>>332178747
>Implying the only reason the game still have subs isn't because you can play for free if you know how to make gold
Sucks to be in EU though, that's way more gold to bother with.

>>332179170
If it makes gold it's probably getting scrapped as well.
>>
>>332177276
WoW is so garbage they let you skip BUYING expansions. They gave me Pandaland for free when Draino came out according to my battle net account.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 512x288
It's going to be the same as every year. Your nostalgia blinds you.

You remember having fun with raiding/leveling and consider going back.

So you buy the new expac and give it a shot. Then you remember that the main reason you had enjoyed WoW in the first place, (the social aspect) is gone.
>>
>>332179578
Tbqh, you're right, which is why I'm not going to play this expansion at all.

I would if I actually found a solid guild in WoD, but I never did, because 99.9% of guilds require that you have the legendary ring.
>>
>>332177276
>>332176420
You do know that character boosts are aimed towards people who've been playing a long time and have alts, right? New players using them doesn't make it a horible evil thing.
>>
>>332174753
This pretty much, I never really got into playing Rogue since PVE seemed to be their weak point, but Rogue sounds like it'd be pretty fun.

There's also the Hunter changes which sound pretty cool, never played them so it'd be fun to maybe try it if Legion wows me.
>>
>>332179713
New players get boosted from level 1 to 100 and they miss out on all the lore and end up sucking in endgame content.
>>
How long until they finally remove the levels?
>>
>>332178437
I really enjoyed the talent system. The zones were kind of boring for some reason though.
>>
>>332179803
Not Blizzard's fault that people are stupid.
>>
>>332179578
I agree with this. I'm playing WoD now and realizing that the new raids are much worse than previous ones.

However, I think that if you join a good guild that's right for you, then you can kind of find the social aspect again.
>>
>>332180134
My only problem with raids is that it's boring to do always the same ones. It doesn't help that I hate HFC for some reason.
>>
File: 1454061712451.jpg (51 KB, 834x640) Image search: [Google]
1454061712451.jpg
51 KB, 834x640
>pre-ordered Legion
>got bored of WoW
>went back to Nostalrius
>truly realize how far the game has fallen
>cancel my pre-order for Legion
>"A-are you sure you want to cancel anon? You're f-free level 100 character will no longer be playable"
>"Yes"
>"O-okay, just to let you know, you'll get back all the content you lost in the future when you buy Legion"
>went back to Nostal
>realize WoW wasn't as good as I thought it was
>tarnished my fond memories of Vanilla WoW
>no longer have the urge to play WoW, let alone any other MMORPG

Nostalrius cured my cancer, it can cure yours too.
>>
>>332180549
It's so cute how hard people shill things they like, especially when it's fan-made things that they claim is so far superior to everything anyone else makes and it's 100% based on "muh nostalgia".
>>
those changes they're doing with some of the classes I think they're interesting but I know Blizzard manages to disappoint me everytime again
>>
>>332180226
It's because HFC is so fucking dull to look at. You can only look at grey spikes and green goop for so long before you want to burn it to the ground.
>>
>>332180013
It's their fault for enabling stupid players and making the game what it is today.
>>
>>332180979
Stupid people are in everything. Might as well blame everyone and everything but the stupid people.
>>
>>332180942
And Legion will have more spikes and more green goop.
>>
>>332174442
can't wait for my exclusive ashbringer hero class and the other 100 dudes that have the same weapon
>>
The dungeons and raids presented in Legion so far look pretty cool IMO Not so dark and gritty. Not sure how I feel about legendaries but do like the artifact weapons.
>>
How is Discipline priest in Legion? now that absorption are less important I might switch to it from Holy.
>>
>>332181741
Ret Paladins aren't a hero class, you big baby, and in your particular game's viewpoint you're the only one who has it.
>>
>>332181825
Half damage. Half healing. Pretty much it lol. Good mix imo. I like holy though
>>
>>332178943
>but it's the only one I absolutely cannot solo
>can't solo MMO, can't play it
Retards like this are why the genre is complete irredeemable shit now.
>>
>>332182039
No, not really. I know I'm basically playing the genre wrong, and I don't expect (or want) the entire genre to be solo-able. I'm actually surprised that I can solo so many games.

It's just that I like RPGs with enormous amounts of area and variety, and MMOs they way they are designed tend to cover this pretty well. There's a lot of content they need to have for their skinner boxes, and zones tend to be quite different in atmosphere.

Basically I just want a single player RPG with huge amounts of quests and area variety, and like chatting with others while I play. MMOs are about the only thing that cover this even though that's more of a side effect.
>>
What is there to be torn about?

Everything is shit.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.