[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey bros, Is this a fake game? In the US, our sealed games had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Hey bros,

Is this a fake game?
In the US, our sealed games had an H-seam and this doesn't, but it is also a Brazilian release so I'm unsure.
The print quality of the box isn't that great else, which is what is giving me this uncertainty.
Thanks.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>332169116

This is the front cover.
>>
>>332169116
I don't know much about differences in regional quality, but have you thought about opening it to see the manual's condition?
>>
>>332169116
>>332169574
Also, where did you acquire it and how much did you pay?

These are the current average selling prices, at least for the North American version.
https://www.pricecharting.com/game/gameboy-color/metal-gear-solid
>>
>>332169695
>>332169574

I won an auction for it on EBay.
The discription of it said that the game was in English, just the box and case was in Portuguese.
I don't want to open it yet since I want to message the seller about it first if it happens to be a bootleg.
>>
>>332169116
Of course it's real, the Official Nintendo Seal is right there.
>>
>>332170442
How much did you pay? Has this seller had other auctions for the same game? Where is the seller located? Where was the package postmarked from?

"X language but Y packaging" is a common and extremely suspicious statement.
>>
>>332170560

Seller was from brazil.
And it came from Brazil.
They had pictured two copies of the game.
I didn't think much of the X and Y.
The auction started at 40$ I believe.
I won it at 60$
>>
>>332170560
>"X language but Y packaging" is a common and extremely suspicious statement.
I imagine it's so common because a lot of games would never have been translated to anything other than English. I don't speak the language, but I imagine the "JOGO DESENVOLVIDO EM INGLES" printed on the box means that all Portuguese versions are in English.
>>
>>332170885
I would try to research that specific release of the game to determine if it's legit. Offhand, I don't know how common counterfeiting is in Brazil.

>>332171006
That's definitely possible, but it is a phrase that you'll see a lot for mismatched counterfeits, especially ones from places like Hong Kong.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qjXtufhYcg
Found this video of someone doing an unboxing of Brasilian version of the game. The packaging looks the same as the one you posted. Hope this helps
>>
>>332171571
OP, I'd say if the contents match this video and the printed materials feel and smell right, then it's probably legit.

If the seller had 30 copies going for $5 each, I'd be concerned. If he just had a couple and you got yours for $60, then you're probably alright.
>>
>>332171571

Yes I saw that video as well.
The thing is though that they state that the cartridge is the same as the US release, but the US copies do not have all those added stickers to them.
>>
>>332169116
>bros
>Emo_Kakyo

how new are you
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 796x758) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 796x758
>>332172168

That makes sense.
You're most likely correct on this matter.
I did message the seller my concerns though so I am waiting on a reply before I open the game and get a feel for the manual as another recommended.
That's something I did when I got a Genesis game awhile ago but to my knowledge, it was just American publishers that used low quality paper for printing their game box art for some reason; and the game cart looked the same as other Gene games I own and the manual was Rotten Tomatoes guaranteed fresh.

My guess would be if the game doesn't save that would be the smoking gun on this one being a bootleg though.

>>332172364

I'm an OldFag
>>
>>332173618
>literally lying about how long you've been here
you're obviously new, why would you lie?
>>
It,s probably a brasilean version. I,ve got the spanish version and I think is the same version for Portugal.

Oh God, this game is awesome, but the spanish translation was horrible and laughable. When Campbell told you to infiltrate into the bad guys place, in th spanish version he says:

"Penetrate en la Fortaleza Galluade"

Translated to english is something like

"PENETRATE YOURSELF INTO GALLUADE FORTRESS"
>>
>>332173964
what? i know spanish

it's literally
>penetrate in the fortress galluade
>>
>>332173793

You never heard heard of what I did on /r/ and /b/
That's actually a thing.
>>
>>332173964
>>332174058

Either way; sounds pretty sexual to the mind that rambles on.
Top laugh.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/user/emo_kakyo
https://myspace.com/emo_kakyo
>horsefucker faggot
>>
>>332174058
>i know spanish
You obviously don't.
>>
>>332174310
you could tell he was from the first post

cancerous fucking beaners
>>
>>332174058
In Spain the word "penetrar" has a strong sexual innuendo and it,s only used when you are talking about sex.

We prefer to use "entrar" when we are talking about going into a buillding or house or something.

Reading "Penetrate en la Fortaleza Galluade" makes you think about Snake digging a gigantic dildo into his ass because Campbell told him to do it.
>>
>>332174485
>strong sexual innuendo

except penetrate more or less does in english also.
>>
>>332174485

Guessing the game was translated within the Americas and not in Europe.
>>
File: latest.png (291 KB, 620x500) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
291 KB, 620x500
>>332174310
>myspace
Where did the times go?
>>
>>332174712
It has the same connotation here, too.
>>
>>332175754

The time is always behind us.
>>
>>332175925

Well that shut me up
>>
>>332176138
Obviously it didn't
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.