[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Path of Exile vs Diablo 3 vs Grim Dawn Which is the better game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 18
Path of Exile vs Diablo 3 vs Grim Dawn

Which is the better game? Rank them.
>>
>>332155804
Play real roguelikes instead of insipid real time Skinner box farmfests.
>>
PoE >>>> Diablo 3 with expansion >>>>>>>>>>> Diablo 3 without.

I'll admit I know dick about GD.
>>
Diablo 3 >=Grim Dawn>>>>>PoE
>>
>>332155804
PoE takes forever to get going to anything close to fun.

Grim Dawn is pretty fun from the get go but I couldn't bring myself to go through the higher difficulty after I beat veteran because it just didn't feel interesting enough. Definately does summoners really well for the most part though.
>>
>>332156941
Literally this.
>>
Grim Dawn >>> Diablo 3 > PoE

Doesn't matter anyway because Diablo 2 blows all of them out of the water still.
>>
>>332157245
Diablo 3 story mode is horrible to play through but luckily you don't have to play through it. You can have a max level character in an hour if you so want so getting alts is easy. Legendaries start dropping like candy on higher torment levels which mean no .5% drop chance like PoE has.

For me personally its something like:
PoE end game>Grim Dawn playthrough>D3 end game> D3 gear grind>D3 Story mode>Grim Dawn endgame>PoE leveling
>>
File: 1427216487619.jpg (24 KB, 387x461) Image search: [Google]
1427216487619.jpg
24 KB, 387x461
>>332155804
probably grim dawn
i've only played the other 2
>>
>>332155804
I haven't played Grim Dawn at all.

Path of Exile is much better than Diablo 3 for me. If you actually like playing the game, PoE ramps up the build and combat complexity much faster. It's actually fun creating a new character and trying to build around something like Molten Shell (Armor -> Damage), Contagion (keep fighting so your spells spread), or Traps (slower but stronger skills). The atmosphere is also really great. You're a castaway struggling to survive on an island that's super, DUPER cursed.

Meanwhile Diablo 3 has level scaling and you can't pick what skills you get at level up, meaning if you make a character you need to endure hours of boring, extended tutorial, or beg someone to rush you. The level design is also garbage, due to levels barely being randomized and having mandatory story events every few meters. Speaking of which, the story is astoundingly bad. Every character is like a Disney Anamatronic. The fighting is flashier but it winds up turning into a hard-to-see mess.

>>332156941
>>332157245
>>332157428
Surprised people dislike Path of Exile so much. That doesn't match my experience at all. Why did you dislike it?

>>332157591
Goodness, how could anything be worse than D3 story mode?
>>
POE >= Diablo 3 Exp > Grim Dawn >= Diablo 3 Vanilla

Might not be fair to rank them that way though due to the Diablo 3 expansion being the start of when they were making huge overhauls for the better.
>>
>>332155804
PoE > D3 with Fixes > Grim Yawn > D3 on launch

There's a reason PoE got so popular, and that is because of D3's abyssal launch. PoE just did Diablo 2 better.

Also, you're welcome for the greater rifts system D3friends. :^)
>>
A couple months ago PoE would easily be on top. Now it's p2w, so:

Grim Dawn > D3 = PoE
>>
File: 1451606233029.jpg (25 KB, 549x395) Image search: [Google]
1451606233029.jpg
25 KB, 549x395
>>332158081
>Now it's p2w
Ah shit we got one loose from /poeg/
>>
>>332158081
What happened to make it P2W?
>>
File: 1454119385417.jpg (825 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
1454119385417.jpg
825 KB, 1500x1000
PoE has a really hard learning curve and grind when you first start out. Whenever you get to the point that you know the maps and get into a guild with some people, you can pretty easily grab leveling gear and trade for most general things without issue and everything smoothes out. GD is really just Titan Quest in a void, so if TQ took over the void that D@ left, then you'll probably like that more than anything else. D3 has the best leveling experience probably because it's all a smooth ride up until Torments, but then it really just fucks itself hard.

PoE after experience >>> GD if you liked TQ >>> D3 with friends >>> GD just to scratch the itch >>> PoE going in blind >>> D3
>>
>>332158207
You can now use premium stash tabs to list items on poe.trade

However the same 3rd party programs still work the same(and technically have better functionality than the premium tabs), meaning there is no need to buy premium tabs other than for convenience.
>>
>>332157821
Grim Dawn's end game is close to non-existant.

PoE leveling is slow and due to the drop rate in the game for uniques you need a high level character before you have a chance to easily obtain low level uniques.

This leads to masses of failed duel totems and ground slam builds trying to create a character to prop up the actual build you wanna play.

Passive tree is completely unforgiving without prior knowledge which leads to people having to spend more time in lower levels which is where the game is the worst.

Drop rates are literally Korean MMO tier.
>>
>>332158207
You have to buy premium tabs to list items to sell. It's still possible to list items with third party tools on poe.trade only, other sites like exiletrade no longer index the forums and as they rise in popularity it becomes harder and harder to sell things. Sooner or later they'll cave into redditors demands and give everyone 1 premium tab, and in response poe.trade will stop forum indexing, meaning you either have to buy premium tabs or deal with only 1 tab to trade from. So much for "trade improvements" and "ethical microtransactions".
>>
>>332158308
>Hard learning curve
Its not hard to learn PoE in softcore which is where most the games community is. Its just a massive grind which is unenjoyable til you can get your build going.
>>
>>332158490
>playing softcore for more than your first handful of characters in any ARPG

I understand that some people don't have the time to deal with unfair rips and restarting, but if you want any sense of a decent economy, then it's what you have to do. Otherwise you deal with no item sinks and horrid inflation.
>>
>>332158338
Classic PoE:
>roll a budget character at the start of a new league
>fund your crazy unique donut steel build with it

Perandus League:
>greatest ally sells you a silverbranch for 12 shekels in normal mud flats
>most T1 uniques are down to 2ex
>Ascendancy makes a fuckton of builds viable with less investment
>highest population of players ever means a more saturated market
>Trade chances make the market even more active

If you're having problems leveling and/or gearing, you should probably play an easier game like candy crush or crossy road.
>>
File: 1452293248920.jpg (11 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1452293248920.jpg
11 KB, 320x240
>>332158442
>It's P2W because I can't trade as much
>>
>ARPGs

kek
>>
>>332158656
Fuck off Chris, don't you have a reddit thread to make excuses for server downtime in?
>>
>>332158656
to be fair that is how you make most of your currency so you can buy gear.
>>
>>332158338
I guess that's where our experiences differ. I like when the loot grind fuels the levelling, rather than the opposite. I play to see new monsters, environments, and skills so I'm in no rush to get to endgame. I also don't like trading.
>>
>>332155804
Grim dawn is fucking great.

GD >= D3 > PoE
>>
>>332158442
>being this retarded
They're not giving anyone free tabs, because that will discourage them from buying any in the first place. Also, if the people who run aquisition/procurement/etc. decide to give up on their tools, another redditor will take their place.
The premium tabs change was a great move for both the players and the devs, and the long-term effects of them will only be a more saturated market. We already have the stats showing that the majority of listings are from tabs, meaning players who never bothered with 3rd party software can now just upgrade a tab for $1.50 and set buyouts without having to alt+tab.

>So much for "trade improvements" and "ethical microtransactions".
So much for "being a heterosexual".
>>
>>332158621
So you agree instead of playing the game with the build you want you must instead play a shit budget build for weeks as a new player because you don't know shit about the game nor trade. Nevermind the part that the new player has to find the budget build in the first place.

Perandus hardcore league like all hardcore leagues die out and become close to ghost towns during certain times of the day.

>>332158583
Majority of the games players play in softcore

>>332158902
Self found playing is by far the worst in PoE of the 3 games being discussed. The chance of you getting something amazing in PoE is far lower then the other 2 by large margins. This is partially due to more variables on gear in PoE and also because of the low drop rate.
>>
>>332159317
The majority of people are casual vidya jamers, but I don't want my experience catered around them.
>>
the best aRPG is Van Helsing
>>
>>332155804
Liked Diablo 3 a lot (when they remade it properly)
PoE was okay (almost shat my pants at the skill tree though)
Didn't play GD
>>
>>332159317
>for weeks

Uh, you can plow straight through to merc in 2 days if you know what you're doing. From there, it's terribly simple to have enough currency to set up whatever build you want. Things aren't as expensive as you think.

>>332159483
Get out of here, GoG.
>>
My biggest problem with PoE is that summoner builds are shit. Minions die to random trash constantly even with all the minion life perks and do no fucking damage.

Diablo 3's witchdoctor minions are fucking immortal and are his main source of damage for some of his builds. There's just no inbetween.
>>
>>332159583
>Get out of here, GoG.
I got it in the last steam winter sale, did it come up a lot during the insomnia sale or what?
>>
File: 1379255605530.gif (32 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1379255605530.gif
32 KB, 250x250
>>332159657
Yeah, that and the sequel are staples of their sales.

>>332159651
That's due to the rotating cycle of nerfs. For the majority of the game, summoner builds were midtier and decent enough to get through most stuff and then SRS ended up being crazy good. GGG ended up fucking over summoners as a whole because of that and fail to understand how summoner uniques should work, so they've been pretty garbo ever since. Give it an update or two and they'll be okay again.
>>
>>332159317
They gave you crafting

They gave you div cards

They gave you gem vendors

They gave you ascendancies

They gave you easier trading

And you still bitch

Play EQ, play poison trapper, play any caster as inquisitor

It's honestly not that hard to farm currency to buy twink gear and your build uniques.

>but I have to play multiple builds to farm ex to buy a voltaxic/lighning coil/ToH!
If you're so pressed for valuable time then start as your donut build. You'll level slower, but ultimately it's more viable now than ever to level with the new support gems with more multiplers like ele focus, controlled destroction, void manip, and etc. Your GG BIS uniq will come with time.
>>
>>332159878
>that and the sequel
What, they didn't even fucking put FInal Cut up? kekeroni
>>
PoE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything else
>>
>>332159878
>uniques

This is my other big problem with PoE. Builds requiring expensive fucking uniques.

In Diablo 3 you will eventually complete your set and build. It's just a time investment. PoE fucks you over because your advancement is based entirely on RNG, and you may never get a good drop to sell or trade for an upgrade.
>>
>>332159402
It's not about being catered to them its about the experience you have leveling. New player is just used as an example because they are the ones who get stuck never doing maps because the game is set up in a way where it limits the freedom of choice in the player.

>>332159583
Assuming you put in more time someone playing self found should be able to perform at similar levels as someone who trades. In reality this can not happen because the drop rates are so low certain currencies and how unique drops are structured will never drop for that player ever.

This means if a player plays self found they have to play with the understanding they can not play any build reliant on any certain unique and also in most scenarios can not do all maps in any kind of time friendly way.

This also greatly effects your skill gem choices which again limits player freedom.
>>
>>332160048
the current league has uniques being dirt cheap cause of the gimmick

build enabling uniques go for no more than 2ex at most, and it's really easy to get that much, won't even take a day.
>>
>>332159908
I just don't understand how you can be blind to how grindy the game is and how limiting the game is in player choice.

Also, I do not see how a more enjoyable leveling experience hurts anything in the game. Being able to level with the build you wanna play as your first character sounds like a good idea. Yet somehow this idea is threatening like it would take something away from you.
>>
>>332160048
>Builds requiring expensive fucking uniques.
If you use more than 3 uniques in a build, it's probably shit. Trading is piss easy now, and you're usually rolling in chaos by time you get to maps. Just keep a chaos recipe tab once you get to merc and learn to flip. You should be able to buy an exalt within the first week of a new league if you're smart.
>>
>>332160327
>It just takes 2 drops of an item with .055% drop rate
>>
Path of Exile is enjoyable because of the leagues, races, planning out the passive skill tree, and running maps and running into hilariously OP enemies.

Diablo 3 even after the expansion is just too fucking easy. There's no build variety, just grind until you get better loot. That's it.

Grim Dawn is pretty cool, especially with the class mixing. I like how they use the skill trees and also give you skills with the consumables. I just wish there was more voice acting for that game.

PoE=GD>>>>>>>>>>D3
>>
I've only played Diablo 3 and the piece of shit doesn't save on my PS3 so whatever.

It was kind of fun as a single-screen local co-op deal.
>>
>>332160617
no you idiot, it takes a few hours of grinding to amass enough currency to trade up.
>>
PoE.
If you're going to play a genre where you spend all day clicking on shit, you may as well play the one where there's a billion hours worth of autism to occupy your time and the only worthwhile permadeath mode of the three so that there's even the vaguest hint of challenge and risk involved in playing.
>>
>>332157821
> PoE ramps up the build and combat complexity much faster.
""complexity""

> It's actually fun creating a new character
Yeah, but leveling and rushing through the same shitty quests and chapters 3 times again and again and again is no fun. It's barely enjoyable for the first time.

>The level design is also garbage, due to levels barely being randomized
Just like D2 and PoE.

>The fighting is flashier but it winds up turning into a hard-to-see mess.
Applies to PoE too thanks to the fact that you can't even tone down particle effects.
>>
>>332160398
>grindy the game is
I'll save you the copypasta.

>limiting the game is in player choice
Wrong. Ascendancy just came out, making it possible to play a fuckton more builds in ways that previously were not viable. Want to play an IW lightning warp duelist with perma fortify? Have at it. Oro's sacrifice CI elementalist? Easy. Want to level with Caustic Arrow? You now can.

>Yet somehow this idea is threatening like it would take something away from you.
I never said anything like that. You can level with your desired skill as soon as you get it, save for super niche skills like AW. What I'm saying is that if you start a new league expecting to get all your perfect BIS gear in an empty economy you're going to have a slow time of it.
>>
>>332160637
> There's no build variety, just grind until you get better loot. That's it.
Everyone who says this is full of shit.
http://www.diablofans.com/builds
>>
>>332160695
The drop rate effects the value. This in turn means the drop rate matters in determining cost.

I'm not asking for D3's 7 legendarys every rift. I'm just asking for drop rates that aren't worse then a Korean MMO.
>>
Diablo 3 > Grim Dawn > PoE
Diablo 3's game play completely out classes the other two in terms of monster design and elite design giving a larger way you have to react to multiple encounters of monsters.
Grim Dawn has vastly improved engine quality from the original titans quest engine and movement/casting can feel a bit sluggish in early game but once you get a tad into the first playthrough you can start running around like sanic doing some rip and tear. Monster design in Grim Dawn has a huge variety and some specific monsters can be very annoying to deal with. Shame the end game is hardly anything and legendary item stats are static.
PoE runs like complete shit compared to the other two. So much shit that someone has made a mod called poesmoother so you dont fucking lag out and die like a fucker because the rain particles decided to suddenly multiply or some fucking monster splits into two more when it dies and causes your computer to freeze up because some reason its very optimized for new monster spawns. PoE in terms of movement and casting is very sluggish compared to even early levels Grim Dawn, granted you can get decent amounts of attack/cast speed but it always feels like your wading through a sack of turds. Monster variety is pretty good but elite design is not, a lot of elite affixes are very hard to recognize unless you actually read what the monster affix text says which makes me question why they even put elites in the game if they didn't want to add in similar affixes to diablo or gd
>>
>>332159878
Summoner was nerfed because of how much specific mobs and items were being abused, to the point where the game was a bunch of faggots sitting in Scepter wearing specifically gemmed Tabula Rasas to resurrect those shield faggots with.
>>
>>332160974
yes, and?
i just told you the value is actually not that high currently, the drop rates are fine, i played the new league for all of one week and had two fully geared characters and a lot of currency saved up

if you play standard or constantly die its' another story i guess
>>
>>332160959
Wait what the fuck is this Kanai's Cube

Holy shit is that what I think it is?
>>
>>332161172
You extract special effects from a legendary to select for use in your build when it comes to builds themselves.

Other than that there's some transmutation shit
>>
>>332161317
Okay they added this after I was playing. I had no idea that my review was unfair.
>>
>>332161171
>10 different currencies have a sub 1% drop rate
>This is a perfectly fine thing
Keep in mind that the currency drop is still competing with other things when it drops so the real drop rate is much lower.

Its just like the MMO fags who just suck the cock of terrible leveling experiences because the end game is all that matters. Skinner boxes too strong.
>>
>>332161413
They've been steadily making old legendaries that had nothing have effects along with new legendaries with effects and shit (+ making most sets at least semi-viable)
>>
>>332161172
Two functionalities:
1. Sacrifice a legendary item to add its effect to a pool. You can choose one weapon effect, armor effect, AND jewelry effect to always be on your character. I always used the barbarian one that made the first monster hit by ground slam take triple damage.

2. Some transmutation recipes, mainly for turning crafting materials into others or gems into other gems. Some other stuff I can't remember.
>>
>>332161413
Kanai cube specifically allows you to add 3 legendary effects to your character. One for weapon, one for armor, and one accessory I believe. It's been a while but I'm pretty that's it.

Its the only reason sanic barbs are so good cause otherwise they would have to waste a ring slot on zodiac.
>>
File: 1447994125330.gif (1 MB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
1447994125330.gif
1 MB, 392x400
>>332161317
>>332161558
>Tfw no longer have to wear Cindercoat to get that broken as fuck effect
>>
>>332159483
my nigga
>>
>>332159483
How? For a game based on loot you certainly didn't get loot.
>>
File: Joseph-oh-my-god.jpg (308 KB, 684x374) Image search: [Google]
Joseph-oh-my-god.jpg
308 KB, 684x374
>>332161497
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/997165
>>
>>332161497
this sounds bad in practice but you're literally committing mass genocide by the time you get to maps, you have many different drops from thousands of enemies, just picking up rares alone and vendoring them for chaos recipe / alterations will make you rich very fast.
>>
D3 is fun fir about 2-3 weeks each season untill you are done with the flavour of the month build.

PoE is definitely more complex in terms of builds but the boring colorless areas and the massive grinding made me give up pretty quick after 1 level 75 character.

GD is fun when you constantly get gear upgrades. Once you reach Ultimate all the bosses become bullet sponges and it's too tedious. Drops are shit if you try to farm mobs. Only thing left is do treasure trove runs which is boring as fuck.
>>
>>332161912
An exalt is ~14k currency drops. That's currency drops not just drops. That means way more then 14k killed enemies.

The reality here is that the drop rates are low to keep people playing. The more time you commit the more likely you are to buy cosmetics and storage. Also, people tend to move away from games that look like they are dying so keeping headcount up helps keep newer players. This is why hardcore league tend to die out at bare mininum a month before the league actually ends.
>>
Grim Dawn's main issue right now is a lack of end game. Builds can be pretty diverse, and the devotion system is great for adding tweaks to builds.

Once you hit ultimate and you beat it there's really nothing to do other than try a different build.

Still my favorite aRPG in recent memory though.
>>
>>332157821
>PoE ramps up the build and combat complexity much faster.
you pick one skill and you're going to stick with it for 200 hours

>levels barely being randomized and having mandatory story events every few meters.
diablo3 is a trash korean game, but this is false
>>
>>332162436
For someone who likes to play games and be fucking done with them, that's not an issue.
>>
PoE > Grim Dawn = Diablo 3

Grim Dawn is the kind of overtuned and pigeon-hole'y game Diablo 3 shills claim D2 was. PoE shits all over both of them.
>>
Grim > PoE > Diablo 3.

Who the fuck wants an always-online dungeon crawler?
>>
Can I play and enjoy PoE alone?
>>
>>332162659
PoE fags constantly gotta prop up their shit game to justify there 100's of hours of grinding.
>>
File: 235423859021.jpg (10 KB, 389x74) Image search: [Google]
235423859021.jpg
10 KB, 389x74
>>332155804
Do yourself a favor and don't play any of them.
>>
>>332162289
you also aren't factoring in perandus coins, lucky drops, selling maps if you want, cadiro offers, and vendor recipes

it's easy to say the grind is super duper hard cause of the drop rates but it actually isn't cause of all of the shit you can do to get extra free currency

also trading, selling decent rares you find is a lot of currency
>>
>>332162716
No.
>>
File: TL2 Embermage.png (325 KB, 640x723) Image search: [Google]
TL2 Embermage.png
325 KB, 640x723
>Everyone forgets that Torchlight 2 exists

I had a lot of fun with Engineer and Embermage

Though I switched to Diablo 3 recently
>>
>>332162852
> super duper
Please stop.

>also trading, selling decent rares you find is a lot of currency
That's one of the big problems of PoE. Either you start trading or say goodbye to gearing.

>>332162947
TL2 is pretty crappy, sadly. So much reliance on passives and mods "tying" your characters made it fucking annoying.
>>
I wouldnt mind poe if it showered me with items, allowing me to feel "done" with a build in a few days
>>
>>332162947
TL2 is worse than TL1
>>
>>332162741
Next time you want to make it seem like you're posting evidence that you've played the game for a long time in an attempt to come of as some kind of authority on the subject, you might want to rename the .jpg you saved to something that isn't the filename given to it by 4chan.
>>
File: 1426254243219.jpg (31 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
1426254243219.jpg
31 KB, 500x369
>>332162947
I didn't get too far into Torchlight 2 but Embermage was pretty fun. I liked the skill that let you cause a clusterfuck of random spells when using wands.
>>
>>332163059
Clusterfuck magma lance was a lot more fun than "spam prismatic beam and win"
>>
I play hack-'n'-slash games fairly casually.
How do people define 'endgame'?
Running things like Grim Dawn's skeleton key dungeons repeatedly?
>>
>>332162947
>TL2
>Was hyped for its release
>Came out
>It was complete shit
>>
>>332162998
>That's one of the big problems of PoE. Either you start trading or say goodbye to gearing.
But anon, that's false and you know it.

You can perfectly well play self found into high level maps. I personally only use trading to get T1 uniques if i really want them, but i doN,t need that bino's to reach 100.
>>
>>332163196
>But anon, that's false and you know it.
Hardly if you have luck like mine where all you get is light radius upgrades, PoE is complete shit for self-found.
>>
>>332163028
That's me piano-rolling my keyboard, Chris.
Your game a shit.
>>
>>332163183
Mapping in PoE
Greater rifts in D3
Baal runs in D2
>>
>>332163290
But anon, that's wrong and you are apparently a complete retard.

Apparently ARPG are too hard for you, maybe you should dowgrade to FPS
>>
>>332157821
I've been playing PoE since closed beta and it's remained stagnant since then. GGG's developer skills are seriously questionable and their business practices suspect.
>>
>>332163380
>Get shit RNG
>LMAO GIT GUD

PoE defense force in a nutshell
>>
>>332163465
>Be a retard
>Complains about RNG

Keep talking, i like laughing at litteral trash
>>
>>332163465
you can literally craft good gear from nothing
>>
>>332163380
>Luck defines if you're bad at the game

Nice.

>Apparently ARPG are too hard for you, maybe you should dowgrade to FPS
Ironically even CoD requires more skill than any loot simulator (or in PoE's case, trade simulator)
>>
>>332163520
>>332163532
I actually don't play PoE, I'm just stirring shit
>>
>>332163426
Thank you for playing Path of Exile, and remember to buy a Premium Stash Tab Bundleâ„¢ and one of our new Currency Tabsâ„¢. Your concerns are important to us, and we are currently working on all of them.
Look forward to our next league when literally everything will have bloom, from the smallest crab to the largest crab.
>>
Grim Dawn
I like building a character first and a set to complement, not the other way around, so D3 is out of the question.
I dunno about PoE, I've picked it up and dropped it twice now, I just don't like something about it.
>>
>>332163380
The only games with lower skill requirements are MMOs and card games.
>>
>>332163539
Nah, being so bad at the game that you apparently need T1 drops to even be able to advance shows you are a brain damaged mongo. Or, too stupid to use scraps and alch once in a while.

Either way, your little diatribe proved fully that you should not be trusted with anything more complex than childproofed scissor.
>>
>>332163532
You *can*. You *can* also have every single unique in the game drop from one mob. Neither of them are every going to fucking happen. Crafting is a material sink for standard league whales.
>>
>>332163683
i don't know man, it's pretty consistent for me
just use your currency instead of letting it rot

don't tell me you don't have any cause you get hundreds of that shit just from playing
>>
>>332163683
You *are* a retard that apparently need perfectly rolled shit

You quite clearly *are* either a mentally defective individual or paralysed.
>>
>>332163782
Keep defending RMT leagues.
>>
>>332163662
>alch once in a while.
So we ARE talking about using luck as skill here.

>Either way, your little diatribe proved fully that you should not be trusted with anything more complex than childproofed scissor.
Oh no, somebody mocked my Korean Grind Til You Die game!!! Better call them children!! :^)

Meanwhile people who play CoD have more skill than you, how does it feel?

>>332163913
But RMT is integral to the game :^)
>>
File: 1448460411046.jpg (41 KB, 450x425) Image search: [Google]
1448460411046.jpg
41 KB, 450x425
>>332163913
oh I get it, you're just bad so you can't keep a character alive long enough to make any money
>>
File: 359028502391.jpg (15 KB, 412x227) Image search: [Google]
359028502391.jpg
15 KB, 412x227
This is what the average Path of Exile player looks like.
>>
>>332163948
Nah, i'm talkign about you having unexistant skill that you can't fuckign play with self found. I swear to god, any human with a workign brain can easily get to maps with magic items. You have no fuckign excuses outside your tiny, tiny little brain
>>
>>332164086
>Insults as arguments
It's really sad when PoE players do this.

I've played my character up to maps several times, I've alched dozens and dozens of items, I've done maps again and again.

Yet, all I get is shit which you translate to me being bad at the game. The game is awful for self-found good items. It's just RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG.
>>
where's freeposter at
>>
File: 1343234905795.png (404 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1343234905795.png
404 KB, 853x480
>>332155804
Marvel Heroes 2016 > Diablo 3 Reaper > Grim Dawn > Helsing > Torchlight 2 > Path of Exile > Heretic Kingdoms > Victor Vran > Sacred 3 > Mighty Quest > Devilian > Dungeon Siege 3.

Prove me wrong. Pro tip: your opinion sucks.
>>
>>332164006
>17 lightning coils with the same item id show up on a cash site in hc talisman league
>y-you're just bad, baka!
>>
>>332164039
>Varg Vikernes is on Twitch
>>
>>332164240
why do you need to only use self found items?

>>332164312
how does RMT have anything to do with you being shit?
stop being shit.
>>
>>332164312
But you don't have to buy them! :^)
>>
>>332164240
>I totally reached map guys
>Yet i still complain that it's shit because i did not get GG items whenever i used a alch
>Please take me seriously :(

I seriously hope you read the stupid shit you wrote and realise how dumb you sound.

I'm out, hopefully i'll never have to carry your useless ass around.
>>
>>332164296
I can prove you wrong because Sacred 3 isn't even a proper loot gaem.
>>
Diablo 3 > Path of Exile > Grim Dawn.
>>
>>332164391
>I'm out, hopefully i'll never have to carry your useless ass around.
Don't worry, I won't bother with game that's full of RMT and awful self-found.

But take care, Mr. "PoE takes more skill than FPS games".
>>
>>332164374
post your hc perandus character brohan, I need tips
>>
>>332160398
>I just don't understand how you can be blind to how grindy the game is
in an ARPG

wow

>how limiting the game is in player choice.

what, POE?

you're high or just here to start shit
>>
>>332164296
You proved yourself wrong with that pleb image desu fampai
>>
>>332164430
Sure. It has pretty good combat though, shame about the shit writing and level select. Yet it's still better than the games I listed after it.
>>
>>332163583
>free game
>complain that they have some sort of way to generate revenue

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>332164519
There's difference between grindy and so-grindy-it-makes-Korean-MMORPG-look-good

>you're high or just here to start shit
It's literally just Sphere Grid dude.
>>
>>332158757
go back to the /poeg/ shithole where you belong

literally no one agrees with you retards besides the other people who frequent that thread

shoo, to your containment board kid, go
>>
>>332164603
i happen to be an expert on korean mmo's and PoE is literally baby mode

quit bitching
>>
PoE has more content
Diablo 3 is the most fun if you play couch co-op
I don't like grim dawn
>>
>>332164595
>Free
>>
>>332164765
???
>>
>>332164603
>There's difference between grindy and so-grindy-it-makes-Korean-MMORPG-look-good

Cool. How does that apply to POE? It has a better endgame than any other ARPG to date.

>It's literally just Sphere Grid dude.

That "literally" means nothing and you're desperately trying to oversimplify it because you have 0 ability to articulate why you think it's bad. Nor can you counter the point that POE has more viable builds available than it's competitors.

D3 is "literally" dump points into main stat and use the EXACT same build as everyone else playing your class. Grim Dawn isn't worth mentioning here because it's endgame is a complete joke and the devs can't balance the game to save their ass, as proven by the last patch.

If you can't articulate, don't bother arguing, over anything really. Makes you look dumb.
>>
I've made more currency and have tried more viable builds this league in POE than any other. People complaining about accessibility are either just bad or haven't played it recently.
>>
This thread is inhabited by kiwi marketers selling stash tabs. Beware.
>>
>>332157821
>Goodness, how could anything be worse than D3 story mode?
I'd assume it's because Grim Dawn isn't meant to played in the "Get one character to max and grind the FUCK out of the strongest mobs forever for fat loot" style that Diablo and PoE operate under. The game is about build variety and the gameplay enforces it as such, you hit levelcap/wherever your satisfied, play till you're bored, then start a new character.
>>
>>332164920
this
literally 90% of uniques cost 1 chaos or less

it's impossible to be bad in this league
>>
>>332164829
>Cool. How does that apply to POE? It has a better endgame than any other ARPG to date.
It's grindy as fuck and it's still the same ass grind the random dungeons that (in this case) are created through luck.

>That "literally" means nothing and you're desperately trying to oversimplify it because you have 0 ability to articulate why you think it's bad.
It has the same problem as it had in FFX. It's so fucking samey. It's literally just a starting point for your """"""""""""class""""""""""" and that's fucking it. If PoE actually had classes with their own separate shit it might be worthwhile.

>D3 is "literally" dump points into main stat and use the EXACT same build as everyone else playing your class.
http://www.diablofans.com/builds
Ok familio

>Grim Dawn isn't worth mentioning here because it's endgame is a complete joke and the devs can't balance the game to save their ass, as proven by the last patch.
Grim Dawn is more or less a single-player game rather than something built to be Multiplayer from ground up like PoE or Diablo 3.

They also run around with 10 fucking people or so there's only so much they can really do.

>as proven by the last patch.
What? Making it easier to reach the end with wider amount of builds rather than forcing you into cookiecutter builds and guide gaming?

>If you can't articulate, don't bother arguing, over anything really. Makes you look dumb.
:^)
>>
File: 320592392021.jpg (38 KB, 659x506) Image search: [Google]
320592392021.jpg
38 KB, 659x506
>>332165010
Hi, I would like to buy your Taste of Hate Sapphire Flask listed for 1 chaos in Hardcore Perandus.
>>
Grim Dawn>Diablo 3>PoE

Grim Dawn is actually pretty fun with some exploration and a decent skill-tree.

Diablo 3 is watered down trash that manages to be just a little fun.

PoE gets boring quickly, but is better built than D3 at least.
>>
>>332165075
Ascendancy tried to create incentive to start as one class or another but just ended up pigeonholing certain classes to only x or y build.
>>
>>332155804
Marvel Heroes.
>>
D3>Grim Dawn>POE

i put a good amount of time into POE and the artstyle and mechanics although deep, just was not fun for me.

I bought d3 a month ago on a whim becuase i was bored and i had been staying away from it after hearing about it's abyssmal luanch. But i hear it improved and i have to say i put 300 hours in and ive had a blast this season.

Its very flashy ,simple and arcady but by god its fun as hell.
>>
>>332165962
Other than obtuse wording, how are PoE mechanics deep?
>>
File: 1445839292614.jpg (799 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445839292614.jpg
799 KB, 1080x1080
>>332166065
I didnt understand it after my first read :^)
>>
Grim Dawn is best suited for me, I like a good offline ARPG with mod suppot.

Path of Exile would be an ARPG when I want to do a solo grind fest.

Diablo III is fun with friends for a week or two.

That would be the best way I could describe it, Grim dawn just has the long talent tree's that I love. Path of Exile's skill system was always a big turn off for me and Diablo III is just overly simplified to the point of where its a party game, except no party wants to play it.
>>
>>332166201
above all things I have to say PoE was just ugly to look at. the art direction and BLOOM just made it hard for me to be invested in it.

I almost felt bad for liking d3 to be honest because that fucking combat text and ui elements made me want to play it.
>>
>>332166319
I like Diablo III and hate it at the same time.
The content patches that don't actually fix anything, its just adding fluff on top of fluff every patch, just to keep you distracted from the core problem of it.
But, there are times when i'll actually get some buddies back on it and have fun with it, yes I could be having on another game, it just might be because i'm with friends.
>>
File: gnFID7l[1].png (201 KB, 319x396) Image search: [Google]
gnFID7l[1].png
201 KB, 319x396
>>332163028
>4chan file name
>Starting with a 2
>>
File: 1379571690651.jpg (145 KB, 1022x767) Image search: [Google]
1379571690651.jpg
145 KB, 1022x767
>>332155804
Path of Exile > Diablo III with RoS > Grim Dawn.

PoE has much greater freedom, you can do whatever you want so long as you don't care about shitposting about builds in /poeg/.

Diablo 3 had the tightest combat and made you feel so powerful, but it took so many years and expansion to get like that.

Both of them are hampered by stupid online only bullshit.

If you played Titan Quest, you've played Grim Dawn.
>>
>>332156598

What is the best roguelike?
>>
>>332168301
Took me far too long to realize that that's a hammerdin cosplay
>>
>>332168302
Brogue
>>
>>332168302
DCSS
ADOM
ToME
>>
Diablo 2
>>
PoE < TL2 < Grim Dawn << D3
Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.