[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Demystifying Halo 5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
>the story sucks
Clearly more focus was given to multiplayer. It might also be a narrative transition that the story is experiencing and things can only get better.
>its pay to win
There are two modes in the game. Arena and Warzone. In Arena you have buffs that spawn on the map that anyone can pick up. In Warzone you have a Req Station where you can activate those buffs either by earning Req cards (which the game provides very, VERY generously after any type of match) or by paying for them. Each player also has to earn the right to use them first. So please tell me again, being the pro that you are, how someone who paid for a Scorpion tank and invisibility is breaking the balance and most importantly is unbeatable?
>it takes forever to earn Req points for packs to get cosmetics and Warzone cards
Actually it takes 10 matches of average playing skill to earn enough for the best pack AND you cannot get the best items by buying the best packs first. You have to buy Bronze and Silver packs first which you can earn in 5 and 1-2 matches respectively. Also each pack by itself contains a generous amount of Warzone cards.
>its cod
Because you have a tactical jet pack for avoiding and causing damage and NO double jump and NO wall running? Because you again have weapon spawns and even buff spawns like in a traditional arena shooter Halo is known for being? Because aiming down the sights zooms to your target for better accuracy and to hover while in mid air? Its not cod, its Halo with better gameplay.
>maps are the same
What map design is best for Arena type games? Are open spaces a good idea for Arena? The game is better than ever with verticality, tight corridors and spaceous meeting points This is how its meant to be played.

If you cant see any truth here, then you are just a salty Sonygger who bought the wrong console at launch. You were never an Xbox fan because you dont believe in the brand.
>>
>it takes forever to earn Req points for packs to get cosmetics and Warzone cards
oh and drops are random for everyone but you still have to buy lower tier packs for better drops which includes tanks etc.
>>
bump
wake up /v/
>>
>>332149262
You'll never break /v/'s echo chamber

it's best to just not even bother
>>
bump
Come at me /v/
>>
File: 1433798524436s.jpg (3 KB, 120x119) Image search: [Google]
1433798524436s.jpg
3 KB, 120x119
I don't think you can bump your own thread under a certain post threshold or someshit

He's a picture and a post that says niggers
>>
>>332149262
the problem with video game fanboys is that games cannot be above average. If it aint spotless its shit.
There are no nuisances.
>>
I really like halo 5, but your fucking explanations are retarded

What are you trying to accomplish with this? Nobody is going to buy it and the franchise won't be saved by your post

For instance: gameplay

Love it, weapons are balanced, no more CoD shit like perks, loadouts, killscams, or killstreaks. Is actually like the old halos for once. Abilities are new, yeah, but they fit in fine

>pay to win

I'll say what you said but less retardedly

The packs are all random chance, and before you can use any item you get, you have to earn enough points in kills to be able to spawn it in. Skilled players will always win, you cannot just spam a bunch of money into buying packs, you'll get the same stuff people who don't pay get

>maps
Nobody's talking about the small, structured nature of the maps being too similar. The aesthetics are the parts that are too samey. Nearly all the maps are set in human buildings with white colored walls, there's only 2 covenant themed maps, and only 1 forerunner map
>>
The game is fucking shit
>>
File: comfy-cat.jpg (49 KB, 524x700) Image search: [Google]
comfy-cat.jpg
49 KB, 524x700
>>332149262
>caring about warzone
There is your problem op. The only reason you should even care about that ahit is if you want fast req points
1300 points for losing a match in 6 minutes
>mfw
>>
>>332151865
>themed maps
grabbing at straws
>>
>>332152451
Fuck off mate

All the past halo games had a huge variety in map aesthetic and location

I love halo 5's gameplay, but the maps themselves AESTHETICALLY are a clear fucking dissapointment. Most of them are white-walled indoors human structures

While we're at it, no, there's nothing wrong with the smaller, more crowded inddors map approach, but why not include some open and medium-sized maps as well? Having only 4v4 and 12v12 sized maps is fucking retarded. There's the BTB maps, yeah, but those are all forge-made. Halo 5 forge is great, but forge maps will never be a replacement for a develeoper-created Map with unique assets and textures and skyboxes
>>
>>332149262
>things can only get better
We thought the same thing with 4 and looks with what we got.

>how someone who paid for a Scorpion tank and invisibility is breaking the balance and most importantly is unbeatable?
Because that's exactly the fucking point. If you have a bigger wallet to spend on useless cards in order to get all of the Manti and Scorpions or whatever power weapons at your disposal, you're practically unstoppable.

>10 matches of average
Considering how long and dull the multiplayer can be and how little motivation anyone has to get anything from the crappy customization and power rewards, no one will ever play that many matches just to justify playing the game only to get cards.

>It's no cod, its Halo with better gameplay
The game changed when they added sprinting and ADS. It becomes a game more about reflex than wit. Original Trilogy's multiplayer played more like chess while this plays like CoD (a game about how fast you are and how quickly you can avoid death). I'm not saying I hate the gameplay, but it is CoD down to a T.

>This is how its meant to be played
There's not enough variety in the maps, at least for Warzone. Because I'm sure anyone would get sick and tired of the same open spaces.

>you don't believe in the brand
Neither does 343 because they're obviously ignoring the fans, blatantly lying to them, and making shady tactics against them only to further their own ends. We want to believe in the brand, nut we don't believe in the developer.
>>
Remove 343
>>
>>332153153
>we thought the same thing with 4 and look what we got

Hey now, halo 5 is no masterpiece, it's not on the level of halo 1-3, but it's fun, I liked it

Halo 4 is NOT better than halo 5. Halo 4 was a disgusting abomination, with perks, killstreaks, kill-cams, classes, loadouts, paired terrible low resolution textures and shit draw distance for level of detail and shaky stuttery framerate, bad soundtrack, and annoying tinny sound design

The story was also bad, but that's jusy my personal opinion.
Some people liked it, that's fine. But the rest of halo 4 is objectively pure shit in every way.

Well that's my Halo 4 rant, I do enjoy halo 5 quite a bit more, as I don't want to immediately kill myself and Smash the disc when I played it

Oh yeah, I disagree with you on the REQ cards as well, they're balanced as good as a cluster-fuck retarded mode like warzones could be. I have never once bought a pack with money, and never felt the need to, or felt like someone else won because of money. The game hands you Overpowered shit almost immediately and you'll be swimming in rocket launchers and wraiths and shit in no time at all
>>
>>332149262
>better gameplay
Call it what you want. All they do with more movement options like sprint, jet packs and hovering while aiming is take away control and skill from the player.

Why would a jumpshot be impressive now that you can sit on the ceiling of the map for three seconds? Why would getting the last shot in to kill someone before they take cover be satisfying now when they aren't even shooting back at you? Why would you even choose to melee at all when some idiot is sprinting around corners bodychecking everyone for cheap kills?

All that shit does is make the gameplay stale.
>>
>>332153746
I'm mostly salty over the fact that their marketing was complete and utter bullshit. The way they presented the story was nothing like how they made it out to be. And I'm sure the only reason they hand you all of the overpowered stuff is because they just hand it over to you once you start just to give you incentive. And once you start swimming in that stuff, you automatically have an edge against the enemy once the endgame comes around and you see fucking 3 Scorpions on the map with 4 snipers camping all over. It's not balanced, no matter how you look at it.
>>
>>332149262
>Clearly more focus was given to multiplayer.
How is this an argument?
>Oh well the single player is a half assed piece of shit, you still should pay the $60.
Even if it was, are you fucking retarded? You are wrong, they spent millions on the campaign, from custom, SP only animations, voice acting, motion capture...no, just no, 343i just sucks.

The rest of the post attacks point only the handful of idiots who actually bought the game bitch about.

It ain't fucking Halo, people would had been nicer to it had it been a new IP, just let Halo die already, everything right after ODST was a fucking mess.

There was even a fucking movie no one even watched.
>>
>>332151865
Halo 4 was a let down, but the maps were really good. A lot of visual variety.

Trading cards in MP games do seem kinda jewish, only Ea, F2P, and Halo do them. It does keep people around for a little while, but yeah fuck them. I'd rather have them be COD call cards than the God awful skins and armors.
>>
>>332154175
Yeah, the story was really bad. Cheifs story ended at halo 3 for me. The multiplayer is the part with the most staying power, and that's why iborefer 5 to 4 as its more "halo" than 4 ever was, even with all the new stuff.

Also I'd have to disagree again on the REQ system. The way it chooses a random item to unlock means if someone who bought a pack with money and someone bought a pack with in-game currency , they both have just as much chance to get a good item or a shit item. If anything, this discourages buying, because who wants to waste 4$ on a shitty emblem and an ugly looking armor, and everyone has a million tanks anyways. You have to earn enough points by being a good player in the match to spawn in all the OP shit anyways, so shitty players will still be shitty players. Again, buying a pack is stupid as nothing has any value when you spawn in a tank, then get blown up instantly, and you'll have just as many rockets and tanks and shit as everyone else anyways.
>>
>>332153746
>4
>Bad soundtrack
Cmon now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzIJV8XrCEI
>>
>>332154573
And that's why I **prefer 4 to 5
Excuse shitty spelling
>>332154509
At least halo 5's DLC is free, unlike those games which have microtransactions packs AS WELL as 60$ season passes and 30$ Map packs

They've added some decent shit as well. Of course, not as quickly or as in large bursts as the 30$ map map packs of other games, but it's free and they're going to do it for a long time. Gives me a reason to back and see the new stuff each month as well.
>>
>>332154770
FUCK

***prefer 5 to 4

Again excuse my mistake whoops
>>
>>332154573
It's not about buying the packs, it's the fact that they choose you to buy these sorts of randomized power weapons the more expensive you spend on it. And the fact that one team could be carrying around thousands of tanks once the final act of the match comes around and the entire other side won't have a chance to come back from it if they've lost, it's an imbalance because it's more of a killstreak on how good you play. It's more like CoD. I'm sorry, but I refuse to see anything good coming from this REQ system when it was perfectly fine the way power weapons were implemented in previous games. It's another attempt at putting more money in their pocket, especially once you get to higher levels and gain less REQ cards.
>>
>>332154734
That's the only good song in the game, the rest is generic sci-fi action movie shit. They re-use that theme too much as well.

The composer of that song is the one who is now LEAD composer of h5 and the soundtrack is overall much better and has less of the "generic" sounding stuff

For example :

https://youtu.be/dFgGhYu2RxQ

https://youtu.be/izSdRiIOoaA
>>
>>332154734
>>332155110
Jinnouchi is amazing and I love the new soundtracks.
>>
>>332154984
Forgive me if my sentences sound autistic. I'm very tired.
>>
File: KZsObxF.jpg (159 KB, 403x540) Image search: [Google]
KZsObxF.jpg
159 KB, 403x540
343 should be banned from designing anything ever again
>>
>>332154984
I never said it was a good system, it's just not as terrible as you think

There's literally no reason to buy a pack. I have not bought one, ever, and within the first week after I had the game, I had at least 10 snipers, 10 rockets, 20 ghosts, 15 warthogs, 8 tanks, etc, and you only get more and more and more as it goes on

When i play I feel no need to get any weapons or vehicles either, once you get a Battle rifle (these are infinite) and SMG (these are infinite as well) you can just run around on foot and kill enemies, bosses, and capture bases, and you will significantly boost your team on your own

I don't even play much either, maybe 2 rounds of arena and a warzone round per day, on weekends maybe a little more if I've got nothing else going on. The game literally throws armor and vehicles at you.
>>
>>332155524
I don't give a shit for the REQ cards I just want to go in there and kill stuff without any sort of advantage. That's why I mostly play Breakout and Grif Ball since Arena is the only thing I care for.
>>
>Buy Xbone for chief collection
>Play all MPs up to 4
>4 is literally CoD with Halo skin
>return Xbone seeing Halo is now forever lost
Did they ever fix this shit? Is it actual Halo this time?
>>
>>332156054
>>332156054
5 has the best arena multiplayer in the series imo.
>>
>>332156054

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope.
>>
>>332156054
No, it's not. 5 is basically Advanced Warfare/Black Ops III with microtransactions (think in-app purchases).
>>
>>332156054

Halo 5 is basically: concept artists have recreated the wonder and solitude of the Halo games, only to have "someone who makes more money than me decide that something else would be COOLER, and therefore;"
>>
>>332155868
Well, that's not what warzones is my man. It's the mode for casual fun with lots of explosions and shit, it's not meant to be perfectly balanced, it's meant to be "go have fun with some rocket launchers and warthogs in a big map"

Also, it's unranked. You're expecting a lot of balance out of a mode that was never meant to be that way.

I don't know why they would, but people can spend money on packs and get the same garbage as anyone else and this funds the FREE DLC. I'm OK with a chaotic, unbalanced, casual fun mode that also funds free DLC

I'd say go play BTB, since that's a chaotic and yet still balanced mode, but BTB has no develeoper-created maps, they're all done in forge and so are noticeably worse visually. Some play great, and then there's some that are just god-awful.

This what I meant when I say halo5 is good, but nowhere near as good as halo 1-3. They've got a ways to go still to if they want to create an amazing game.
>>
>>332156479
Warzones isn't fun to me, even if it's destroy everything. The AI are bullet sponges and it's not so much fun when people start crowding around an entire base with Scorpions and Wratihs surrounding it. I've had more fun in Mayhem on Destiny than Halo 5. And I hate Destiny with every fiber of my being.
>>
The fact that 343 took out split screen is a good enough reason for 5 to be one of the worst Halos
>>
>>332156479
Here's how I sum up the REQ system:

Buy some packs with in-game points that you gain from already playing the game and get 5 shitty looking armors, 20 guns, and 10 vehicles you won't use because you don't really even need them, then add all those things into your massive pile of weapons and tanks and warthogs and armor you already have

OR:

Pay to money to NOT play the game, and buy some packs at 4$ each and get get 5 shitty looking armors, 20 guns, and 10 vehicles you won't use because you don't really even need them, then add all those things into your massive pile of weapons and tanks and warthogs and armor you already have
>>
>>332156308
It's poetic. Every console shooter used to copy Halo. Now Halo includes whatever is trendy and popular, desperately trying to remain relevant.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.