[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've competed just about the entire rest of the game,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 6
So I've competed just about the entire rest of the game, but Brume Tower is kind of hell for me. Anyone have any tips for getting through it and/or want to help out?
>>
Platform and SM?
>>
>>332116464
Ps4 and 9,126,979.
No idea how the SM got that high, I don't even do much farming and I just got ps+ yesterday so I haven't done pvp either.
>>
You still need help? I'll check if i have any character around that SM.
>>
>>332116338
Destroy the ashen idols.
>>
>>332117187
Yeah I'm just doing other stuff right now, I'm putting off doing it because it's been pissing me off
>>
>used all my smelter wedges before Fume Knight
>he keeps rapidly healing because of the Idols I have zero chance of disabling

Good game.
>>
>>332117389
You can find more around the second bonfire, there should be a locked door you can open to get more wedges.
>>
>>332116338
yeah, use a slashing weapon, does more damage vs. anything in there

get a bunch of poison arrows to snipe bitches with

get lucky

Brume tower is kinda fucking bullshit, like the rest of the DLCs
>>
>>332117389

If you mean the 6 from the start, you can find about 4 more to disable them for the boss
>>
>>332117389
why dont you go find more then instead of whining about it on a vidya board, i swear if they fucking held your hand to every single wedge that would be a complaint too.

faggot
>>
Op here again. I've only disabled two of the ashen idols. My main weapons are yorgh's spear, santier's spear, and a red iron twinblade. Also have plenty of int to use any sorcery. Haven't even found the boss yet, keep getting fucked by massive numbers of enemies.
>>
Is this DLC the hardest of the bunch?
>>
>>332116338
Uninstall and play a better game
>>
>>332116338
get the stone ring from things betwixt
>>
>>332118153
Eleum Loyce is harder imo
>>
>>332118153
I found the ice one more frustrating, but yes, Brume Tower throws some bullshit your way

>>332118085
With those items, I'm surprised you have trouble with anything.

Use poison arrows to kill shit that you know cannot hurt you from where you are. Most of the DLCs rely on "bunch of enemies in a small area" for difficulty
>>
Just get a +10 dragons tooth or great club with the ring of blades +2 and flynns ring if you can pool it off.

Most things will die in just a few whacks or a strong attack. Also a good choice for raime.
>>
>>332118085

you need to kite quite a bit in the DLC
>>
>>332118153
Oui
>>
>>332118295
I have those items, but I have dick for health (used to BB iframes)
>>332118153
Personally I'm finding it harder than the other two, but it depends on your playstyle as to whether this one or Frozen II is harder
>>
>>332118085
>santier's spear, and a red iron twinblade
Good. I'm glad your suffering you unoriginal human garbage. I look foreword to hunting down shitters Like you in das4.
>>
>>332118320
D-Tooth or club? I don't feel like making both good, can't powrstance them anyway
>>
>>332118597
The best part is, I just used whatever I enjoyed finding throughout the game. I didn't even know they were as popular as they are until super recently--feel kinda bad about it but whatever, good weapons are good.
>>
>>332118153
I had way more trouble on Eleum Loyce to be honest, fuck 2cat.
>>
>>332118153
hardest main area, but frozen outskirts wins the battle for most horseshit "coop" side area
Iron Passage is a close second though
>>
>>332118597
>Implying I'm not going to stab you in the dick with whatever weapon becomes a meme in DaS3
>>
>>332118153
Cool Ranch Passage is the worst, so annoying.
>>
File: 14-8tUOBQn.jpg (22 KB, 409x299) Image search: [Google]
14-8tUOBQn.jpg
22 KB, 409x299
>>332118759
>fuck 2cat
Ya that was bullshit. But can you put a price on getting the best great sword in the whole game?

Shame it probably won't appear in das4 since Ateam seems to have such a hate boner against 2.
>>
>>332119328
>since Ateam seems to have such a hate boner against 2

What?

There are heaps of weapons from 2 in 3. Fume greatsword is one I've seen among some other lances and rings/armor.
>>
>>332119467
Well shit, that's great news! I've literally been hearing the opposite from the people in the spoiler threads. Maybe they just meant story wise, I'm not sure.
>>
Iron Passage is entirely optional

Don't do this to yourself
>>
>>332119927

>listening to /v/

There are even weapons from Demon's Souls. Getting the Storm Ruler is part of a boss I believe.
>>
>>332119283
Cool ranch?
>>
>>332120162

this

fight fume first, then you'll be able to approach the boss from above which is much easier to run past
>>
Why is /v/ so bad at video games?
Fumey was my only real hurdle for a few deaths before I got the hang of his attacks.

Literally don't rush like the whole series and the tower shouldn't fuck you.
>>
>>332120307
Iron Passage

Where the blue smelter demon is

Red Smelter Demon was Dorito

Blue had to be Cool Ranch.
>>
>>332118085
Here's how to win: Make sure you have at least 105 agility and dual wield caestuses.
>>
>>332120378
No one is complaining about Raime.
>>
>>332120426

unless you're pvping you don't need more than 95 agi
>>
>>332120378
there's a difference between not rushing and going at a snail pace, dealing and luring every enemy painstakingly slow.
>>
>>332120414
Oh, I'm slow
>>
>>332120597
You can lure a lot of groups together to take care of them relatively easily.

Though FROM did get carried away and a few sections were really clusterfucky so you're almost forced to weed out a few to get breathing room.
>>
>the best part of the game is the DLC areas

What a fucking world we live in, why couldn't the main game be this good.
>>
>>332122367
Sinh and the Ivory King have been my two favorite fights in the game by far so far, I agree completely
>>
>>332124558
Sinh was shit and he had terrible attacks (read: crazy stupid range/damage). Honestly don't even know how I beat him, wasn't fun.

2cat was the biggest fuckery though -- cunts!
>>
>>332116698
>9,126,979

nigga what the fuck
>>
>>332125314
Exact is better than estimates?
>>
>>332120414

Did the ashen knights at the start inside the gate where the salamander shoots at you despawn if you kill em enough?

I was thinking next run through to just fucking kill them all until they despawn, and make a run for the gate after pulling the lever.
>>
File: 1432974054507.jpg (29 KB, 340x372) Image search: [Google]
1432974054507.jpg
29 KB, 340x372
>>332124558
>Fight with the Ivory King ends in a double knockout
>After beating him again nearly do the same thing with Vendrick

I need to be more patient, holy crap. Not hollowing is pretty sweet though.
>>
Sinh telegraphs like a motherfucker though. Beat him and elana in 1 try.
2cat though... god dam fuck what a horrid excuse for a boss. That and the graverobber gangbang in shulva. Why did every DLC have to have 1 shit area containing 1 shit reskin boss?
>>
I managed to beat Brume Tower a few weeks ago, now I made a new character with a dex build and just reached the Sunken King DLC, how is that place?

I managed to get the whip sword, ran into a fucking load of asshole poison enemies.
>>
>>332127123
The Sunken King dlc is the easiest of the 3, gank squad is a bit annoying but beatable.
>>
>>332127303
I'm so fucking sick of that boss, I fight it for 10 or 20 goddamn minutes and then get stunlocked to death
>>
>>332128497
Just cheese it, honestly, it's barely worth it
>>
>>332116338
I fucking hate this DLC with a burning passion, havent been able to get to the first boss.
>That room you have to fall into with all the ashen warriors and the iron warrior that you have to kill somehow so you can hit the switch to open the door.
>That HORRENDOUS gauntlet of enemies backed up by archers you CANNOT GET TO in Iron Passage

I was willing to give this DLC a shot after the sinh fight made up for Crown of the Sunken King being really shitty everywhere else, but man Im really not feeling it, it just feels like enemy after enemy with very little else.
>>
>>332128956
>>That room you have to fall into with all the ashen warriors and the iron warrior that you have to kill somehow so you can hit the switch to open the door.
you can get to a room where there's a bunch of barrel-carrying-hollows that you can lure to where those ashen warriors are so you can snipe them and blow them up

you can also get to another alcove where you can kill one of the warriors that throws firebombs at you

The room is unequivocally bullshit and a slog to get through, but you can mitigate it to SOME extent
>>
>>332128956
I gave up trying to do that room the right way, spammed Yearn and distracted them just long enough to pull the lever
That room, like the rest of the dlc so far, fucking sucked. There's a difference between a difficulty increase to have a bit of added challenge over the main game and filling the entire goddamn map with decently strong, highly damaging enemies.
>>
>>332129171
>>332129293
I just feel like both sunken crown and iron crown feel like the levels have some fun ideas behind them, but there are like, 3 times as many enemies in each area than their should be.
>>
christ why does the DLC rely so fucking heavily in mobs
>>
>>332129850
For difficulty.
>>
>>332129963

it's not difficult though - it's just tedious having to kite constantly
>>
>>332129548
>>332129850
The dlcs had great concepts and some really good designs, but everyone was bitching about the game being to easy. The devs gave up trying to put in "good" difficulty (level design, etc) and filled it with artificial difficulty--metric dickloads of mobs.
>>
>>332130227

every enemy in the dlc I've played so far is a generic humanoid enemy

b-team really didn't know how to make interesting enemies
>>
>>332130227
Wait, people were bitching about Dark Souls 2 being too easy? Literally bullshit difficulty for the sake of difficulty: the game too easy? I know the fanbase was super tryhard with the difficulty shit, but thats ridiculous, the stupid shit DaS2 did for the sake of difficulty is the primary problem with the game in the first place.
>>
>>332129548
Ivory crown isn't quite as bullshit with the notable exception of horsefuck valley, but shit like the sanic rats which are basically DS1 bonewheels pisses me right off.

But from the DLC I learned something interesting: The reason why there are so many humanoid bosses is because they can't fucking animate non-human bosses for shit, see Alva and Sinh.
>>
The groups are not that bad

The weird enemies like the sorcerors/floaty armor and of course the broken as fuck phantoms are the problem

Like the armors its hard to tell when you actualy break their poise and they do a gorillion damage with the sword
>>
>>332130461

the main game is a fucking cake walk

dlc has actual fun bosses
>>
>>332118085
You know that using Red Iron Twinblade in Pve is basically cheating, right?
>Kills Elana in 10 seconds
>>
>>332131154
>cakewalk
>Iron keep
>literally parkouring across instant death lava while being shot at by four different archers on difficult-to-get-to platforms while fighting a bunch of enemies on-par with DaS1's silver knights
>>
File: fp.gif (351 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
fp.gif
351 KB, 200x200
>>332131493

>people actually having trouble with Iron Keep
>>
File: 20160319233734_1.jpg (586 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160319233734_1.jpg
586 KB, 1920x1080
>You had to summon three extra people to beat the fume knight.
JUST
>>
>>332131963
>go across the bridge you lowered
>five knights start running at you all at once while two archers shoot at you
>"DaS2 is a masterpiece man your just a casual who needs to git gud"
>>
>>332132550

maybe you shouldn't rush in then you stupid YOLO faggot
>>
>>332132715
I dont, I go at a crawl, DaS2 makes sure its enemies always aggro in massive groups. DaS1 has two capra demons standing right next to each other in Demon Ruins and you can fight them one at a time, but as soon as you enter a room in DaS2 you have about a dozen enemies coming after you instantly. The only instance of this that really comes to mind in DaS1 is the hollows just before Belfry Gargoyles, but at least they die in one hit, DaS2 does this shit in every fucking room in the game, and with much harder enemies.
>>
>>332132550
You can get lure them one at a time, you simple minded faggot
>>
>>332133056

Stop lying, asshole, I've done Iron Keep several times, and I have always been able to pull one or two monsters at a time, not half the room.
>>
>>332132370
Dude, Raime is a push over after the patch.
>>
>>332133346
Perhaps I should mention this is SotFS, dont know how much Iron Keep changed in that version. but as soon as you get halfway across the bridge to smelter demon, half a dozen knights just start rushing you.

Iron keep is also fucking annoying because there are no fucking bonfires until right before the boss, meaning I have to keep doing that godforsaken courtyard over and over and over again.
>>
its 1 infront of bridge then 1 near the furnace that runs up then the bow man on the bridge

if you drop down after the bridge you are have 2 greatbows on either side and 2 alones that drop 1 by one to run at you

you can drop run left back stab the bow by the smelter and then drop to the lever and take out the smaller knights that keep running at you as they drop down then lower the other end of the bridge
>>
>>332133703

I am talking about SotFS.

Order of knights from the first bonfire:

Bridge Knight (he is alone, can't pull more than one of them)
Knight right at the top of the stairs where the fire is at (you can aggro him from the door way)
Knight at the stairs in the hall where the merchant in the Keep is at (usually pulled with another knight but he stays behind with a bow)
Bow Knight
Go through the ballista hidden room and shoot in the back the ledge knight
The knight standing just outside the entrance where the bridge room is.
The Knight that come running from near the door of the furnace
The Knight that drops from where the first Alonne Captain is (comes with another guy accompanying him)
The guy that drops from the higher ledge into the Alonne Captain
The Alonne Captain himself (he doesnt move from the ledge unless you go up the stairs and get in melee range)
The Greatbow Knight in the bridge (can be made to switch to katana if you get in melee and will follow if you step back but not too far for him to switch to bow again)
The knight waiting in the end of the bridge
The two knights at the ledge where the Pharro's water spring contraption is at (these two always come together)
The Alonne Captain near them with a bow (does not chase unless in melee range)
The Alonne Captain at the fog gate of Smelter (again does not chase unless in melee range).

Unless you are running past a few of them, or you are wearing the red stone ring/ in the company of champs covenant, none of those encounters should bundle aggro with one another.
>>
>>332134592
Im not sure if knights are piling in from elsewhere or what, but as soon as I get halfway across the bridge to smelter demon, a whole hoard of knights start coming at me.

I've tried to like DaS2, I've played through the game twice to that effect as I am a huge fan of the series having around a thousand of hours of gameplay between DeS, DaS, and BB. I just feel like DaS2 is two focused on making you fight a bunch of enemies all the time than making the world fun to explore.
>>
>>332134785
Yeah Yeah
You and a load of others.
I read so many replies to your effect in all the das2 threads its a blur.
>>
I have DaS 2 SotFS and I'm just curious how I access the DLC? I'm on NG and got SL 125 and 1.3mil SM. I've been wearing the agape ring since I realized I'm pretty much overleved for all of NG. I also did everything totally out of sequence since I had enough SM to get to Drangleic after fighting Old Iron King with only 2 Lord Souls, without even grinding.

Now I'm going through the rest of the content but I dunno where to access the DLC.

Also, what's a good SM for NG+ PVP, and a good SL for NG+ PvE?
>>
>>332136401
there are items you'll stumble across that open doors, I don't recall where to get all of them but one can be found by falling onto some platforms off the cliff of blood gulch and killing two lesser giants
>>
>>332136401

Take a walk down the salamander pit in forest of fallen giants, if I remember correctly that's where the key for the Iron King DLC is. After that just go to the room beyond the last bonfire in Iron Keep.
>>
>>332136401
You access the dlc areas by going to the 3 primal bonfires.
>>
>>332136401

The Sunken DLC key is before the tomb of the saints, you have to be able to open the forgotten door which you get the key at the Black Gulch by killing the giants there.

The Brume Tower DLC key is in a skeleton on the Salamander pit, you can either drop down and fight your way to it, or get the Salamander pit key from Iron Keep and open the door near the Last Giant fight to get it.

The Winter Shrine DLC key is in Drangleic Castle, its very hard to miss (the Frozen Flower).

>>332137409
If you play the SotFS, you need keys to enter them.

And not all the primal bonfires have DLC, the one after Freya has nothing, neither does the Lost Sinner one.
>>
Is it worth it to pick up SotFS if I've already bought the original game without the DLC?
I feel as though it was pretty stingy to make one version obsolete so quickly, but I'd like to play the new content.
>>
File: redcloser.jpg (23 KB, 350x399) Image search: [Google]
redcloser.jpg
23 KB, 350x399
Going through DLC on SotFS for the first time myself. I was getting pretty fed up earlier because:

>Finally make it past The King's Pet
>Listen to the queen's story about her husband
>Think, "Okay, save the King's soul from the Chaos"
>Enter fog, fall down pit, see a guy, but he looks good so I don't attack him.
>Fiery knights spawn, bro helps (but does fuckall damage), so I assume he's the king.
>After a few knights fall, bro seals up one of the portals.
>Manage to survive a little longer, carefully parrying, but estus is running low...
>Die, rinse and repeat several times
>Bro keeps disappearing and sealing the portal, eventually Burnt Ivory King appears, estus is out, and I fall in one hit
>MFW I realize that bro was just a knight, not the king, and there are more I can find to block the other portals
>>
>>332138341

If its cheaper than getting all three DLCs separately, go for it.

Everyone seems to agree the DLCs should had been what the main game offered content wise.

I gone through the Old Iron King DLC, and I agree that place was tight, full of bullshit, but tight.
>>
>>332122367

Same is true for Dark Souls, though. Every area sucked fat cock in Vanilla, Anor Londo looked decent but beyond that it was a shit fight.
>>
>>332138778
This was honestly my favorite part of DS2. The Ice Castle was a lot of fun to run around in (aside from 2kat) and almost felt like a DS1 style environment with all the shortcuts after the ice melts.
>>
I just started the DLC and started with Crown of the Sunken King and I hate it already, boring, dark, stupid platforming, shit level design. Should I stomach through it or is the other DLC better?
>>
>>332141532
Finish it, it's the easiest of the 3.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.