[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Salt and Sanctuary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: salt.jpg (888 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
salt.jpg
888 KB, 1920x1080
How you guys liking it?
>>
>>332104471

Dark Souls does not translate well to 2D.

It's not rubbing me the right way.
>>
It's fucking terrible and I wish I could have a refund
>>
While it looks visually like a flash game, it's actually pretty fun.
>>
>>332104471
Really fun. Think metroidvania x souls (which is the only correct way to make a 2D souls game). I actually liked it enough to plat it.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 500x256) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 500x256
Gif related will be the best 2d souls game there is
>>
>>332104565
lel
>>
>>332104471
The shitty bloom effect is so fucking bad.
>>
It's a complete eyesore.
>>
its average as fuck, huge cash grab, the devs are seen shilling it fucking everywhere, wouldnt listen to anyone on here saying its good
>>
Look like a good game but it's nothing more than a frustrating mess. Damage sponge enemies that you can't interrupt, stupid aoe bosses, really really bad platforming. Only str and magic are effective, everything else is a mess to play.
>>
It's pretty fun. Art looks great, but can be hard to identify traps and enemies.
>>
>>332104951
game?
>>
It's shit don't let the shills convince you otherwise.
>>
I still think this will take the cake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4EWdcoSpAo
>>
>>332104471
One of the better examples of "hey, it's like that game you know and like only worse in every single way" indietrash games.

Now I actually have a little bit of respect for Lords of the Fallen.
>>
>>332104471

Well in the first hour i felt buyers remorse. But now after 3h its fucking awesome. It pretty deep.
>>
>>332106792
Meh. They've got down the aesthetic and the combat, but the best part about souls is the dope ass worlds you get to explore and the amazing environments.

Side scroller and 3d show those elements off way better.
>>
File: 974542324.jpg (69 KB, 273x240) Image search: [Google]
974542324.jpg
69 KB, 273x240
I went in expecting nothing and I got a mediocre Metroidvania.

The game only starts becoming more fun when they include options that aren't in the Souls games, like wall jumping and air dashing.

None of the bosses are memorable either.
>>
>>332104951

But its not out yet. Till then i have fun with Dark Souls 3 and Salt and sanctuary.
>>
>>332107078
To me Souls is about mechanics, desu.
I actually hate 2D exploration.
I also hate platforming.
>>
Waiting for it to come out on Steam, but it looks pretty fun.
>>
>>332107273
A combat only souls just seems like it would be flacid as fuck. Maybe its because I started out with Demons Souls where most of the game was carried hard by its amazing exploration, level design and atmosphere.
>>
>>332106792
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwRXSC4hCCM
>>
>>332106792
The visuals are ugly as fuck.
Shitty pixel crap.

Gameplay looks awful too.
>>
>>332107502
The environments in Eitr look nice, idk what makes you say it's not good.
Atmosphere seems to be present in Eitr. The OST is nice from what I've listened to.
Exploration works better in isometric than in 2D imo.
2D makes the backtracking REALLY jarring to me.

>>332107742
Pixelmeme is something I rarely enjoy. In this game's case I actually like it.
>>
>>332107953
The enviroment looks bland as fuck. You just stare at the ground the entire time. Really awesome looking grass and stone ground

Trine is a great example of why 2d can add a shit ton to the atmosphere. You get the full range of the enviroment. The ground, the sky, the background, the foreground.

2D enables some more metroidvanyia esque exploration. Isometric just feels like a shitty diablo with no platforming. It becomes harder to add nuance to movement and exploration.
>>
>>332104951
Well what the fuck is it called anon
>>
>>332104471
It's alright.
The Skill Tree is pointless and adds nothing compared to the "proper" Soulsborne style of levelling, and the UI and button layouts are horrendous, but the gameplay is decent.
>>
File: ds.jpg (125 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ds.jpg
125 KB, 1920x1080
>>332104471
I enjoyed it, finished it twice so far.
A good metroidvania that strokes my Souls boner.
It has it's share of issues, but I'm ok with it.
>>
>>332104471
The characters look absolutely atrocious. The facial design is beyond ugly.
>>
I just beat the fucking alchemist. Holy shit that fight was frustrating.
>>
>>332110138
those poison blobs are absurd
>>
>>332112073
I finally managed by bum-rushing him. Satisfying as fuck to see that bitch bite the dust.
>>
>>332107742
It's painted, not pixel art.
>>
It's a 7/10 for me.

-No map in a metroidvania makes for frustration, like playing nes metroid.
-Bugs
-Way too fucking dark for most of the game
-Bosses are lame except for Tree of Men and a few others

Combat is good, platforming is decent.

Tried to copy dark souls in too many ways, but it's still fun. I don't regret my purchase and I completed the game.
>>
>>332115787
Oh and I forgot to mention the art style and animations are ass too.
>>
>>332104471
its not even out on pc yet so how would i know?
>>
>>332106539
>>332108736
Sorry for answering late. I was gone. It's called Death's Gambit
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.