[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so what's so bad about this version of the game? I haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Okami-wii.jpg (52 KB, 353x498) Image search: [Google]
Okami-wii.jpg
52 KB, 353x498
so what's so bad about this version of the game? I haven't played it and I found it for only a few dollars
>>
>>332104216
From what I heard it had some cut content from the ps2 version and added motion controls but that's about it.
>>
>>332104216
The brush controls were a little wonky and the so was the dodge. I still enjoyed it though.
>>
>>332104216
It's personally the only game I thought motion controls really added a lot to. I think I'm in the minority. It did take awhile to get used to, but once you master it, it feels great.
>>
>>332104216
Graphics are rendered differently, but that's a taste thing.
The controls were fine.
Credits were removed, which is a big minus. You could just load it on YT afterward, though.

Best version is probably the HD rerelease.
>>
>>332104216
There is nothing wrong with it

The box art originally had the IGN watermark on which was a pretty hilarious blunder
>>
It's good. The controls take a bit to get used to but it's not bad and everything else is flawless. It cuts a movie sequence during the credits but otherwise it's like the ps2 version
>>
>>332104216
Bad motion controls mainly. They're serviceable but far inferior to the standard controls of the other versions
>>
File: wii.jpg (88 KB, 583x393) Image search: [Google]
wii.jpg
88 KB, 583x393
>>
The Wiimote sucked. That's it, but it's a good game beyond that, the only cut content was a loading screen minigame because namco put a patent over loading screen minigames (wich has now expired)
>>
Nothing. Memelords just sperg about the IGN watermark.
>>
>>332104460
Just looked that up and got very sad. I miss the the clover studios opening.

>>332104460
Sadly I don't have a ps3, I've thought about getting one but only 2 or 3 games seem worth getting
>>
>>332105015
>2 or 3 games seem worth getting
You're retarded then if you think Okami is one of them.
>>
>>332104216
PS3 version is downsampled 4k
>>
>>332105091
I never said that.I bought okami today for like 3 bucks why would I buy it again?
>>
I played the PS3 Verizon, I wish they remade or crested a new one for the Wii U. The game pad Could actually be something other than an inventory screen.
>>
Motion controls were awful. In combat especially, but there were problems using the brush, too.
>>
>>332105418
This, it would be a pretty stand out thing for the wiiu. But im okay with playing the wii version since the drawing seems like a good fit for it.

>>332105531
I certainly hope they aren't so bad, I skipped this game years ago like an idiot and i've been trying to catch up on clover/platinum games. If its playable then im not too concerned.
>>
>>332105716
They are bearable, but doing a wrong attack and screwing up a good combo was infuriating, and all too common.
>>
>>332104216
The waggling was really dumb but other than that I can't think of anything besides the ign logo in the cover
>>
>>332104760
He later approved the PS3 version, which he apparently bought
>>
>>332105821
hopefully it's not too bad, does wii motion plus help at all?
>>
>>332104216
The only problem with the Wii version is the weirdly inconsistent frame rate.

The motion controls were actually worked into combat in a neat way, where you had to have a certain rhythm. It didn't make the game much more difficult, but it was interesting, and the paintbrush controls were good once you found out how to straighten the brush.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.