[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here an Amazon Prime subscriber and can tell me if it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
Anyone here an Amazon Prime subscriber and can tell me if it's worth it? I tend to buy games digital but some console games I like to own the physical copy of. Free two-day shipping is neat but I have to wonder the reliability/consistency of that.
>>
>>332073661
They give a free trial for a month, just try it dude. I personally don't think it's worth it though.
>>
>>332073661
For me it has already paid for itself. But I'm in college so I have the cheaper option and tend to buy books and supplies from it pretty often. For games, nah
>>
Video streaming service is garbage unless you want to watch HBO's catalog. Two day shipping is nice and can be faster sometimes if you have a warehouse close to your location. Just try it for a month and see how it goes.
>>
File: amazen.jpg (361 KB, 2010x908) Image search: [Google]
amazen.jpg
361 KB, 2010x908
its ok, I pay $50 a year for it and it pays itself off in a month
>>
If you are going to college, then sign up for Amazon Student, you dingus. That should give you 50% off the Prime subscription for the duration of your studies.
>>
It's great for the 2 day shipping and certain things on Amazon video if you care. The discount on games is all right, but it's only for games younger than 2 weeks.

Best Buy Gamers Club would be better for discounted new games.
>>
>>332074252
>CDN

But we don't get a discount on new games
>>
>>332074675

shipping in canada is at the lowest $10. if i wanted to mail a grain of sand to my neighbour, it would cost $9.50 + tax + envelope cost.

so if you buy 5 things a year, it pays for itself. canadas getting the 20% disc tho
>>
>>332073661
>FREE 2-day shipping!
>takes 7 days to arrive

Use it for the free month then drop it.
>>
>>332073661
Definitely worth it. Every new console game is 20% off so it pays itself off if you buy more than 5 new game in a year.
>>
File: 1439716239920.jpg (153 KB, 958x1061) Image search: [Google]
1439716239920.jpg
153 KB, 958x1061
>>332074252

>buying videogame guides
>>
Even if you buy a lot off Amazon, the value just isn't there, since all the Prime items are usually several dollars higher than the next counterparts.
>>
File: aaawe.png (12 KB, 386x157) Image search: [Google]
aaawe.png
12 KB, 386x157
>>332074840
this
>>
>>332075005
Pretty much this.
Prime items are usually marked up even if they have free 2 day.
>>
>>332074805
But that's untrue. I'm not arguing that it's not worth it, but I definitely do not always pay $10 for shipping. Hopefully we get the 5th off as well but amazon hasnt made any concrete promises there
>>
if you're only buying new games, and a lot of them (way more than 5, since Amazon Prime is 100 dollars), then it's not worth it. If you use it for streaming, then yeah it's pretty good because you get HBO shows and some decent stuff that I don't think is on Netflix like Justified and the Shield.

>>332075120
>Prime items are usually marked up even if they have free 2 day.

Wasn't there a class action law suit about this?
>>
>>332075243

with tracking it is. i ship things on a weekly basis and I've never seen shipping being cheaper than $8 + tax, usually most are around $9.50 or so in my own province, well above $11 anywhere else.
>>
>>332073661

I've been buying video games, getting the 20% off, playing them, and then selling them back for essentially the same price. I love it.
>>
>>332074805
>canadas getting the 20% disc tho

Please tell me this is going to happen soon.
>>
>>332074252
How's you paying only $50 nigger?
>>
I hate that they started charging tax in MD for Amazon Prime. That 20% off only makes games $50 for me instead of $47. This shit adds up.
>>
I just make a new account and sign up for the free trial, I've done this 4 times, Why pay for it?
>>
>>332076654
probably a student

boy, that thousands of dollars in debt sure is worth the free shipping

>>332074252
>btw I'm a girl teehee
>>
>>332073661
Considering all new games are like 20% off it could pay for itself quickly if you get new stuff often.
>>
>>332073661
If you use the shipping and tv and music its worth it. I share with a senpai so easily its worth it.
>>
>>332073661
I don't use it much for physical games but overall it's a pretty good service, anon. Great for last minute gifts you forgot to buy or just random shit you want quickly.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.