[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Matthewmatosis-thread? When's the new Video coming?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: photo.png (164 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
164 KB, 900x900
No Matthewmatosis-thread?
When's the new Video coming?
>>
PHANTOM PAIN REVIEW WHEN
>>
Matthewmatosis
Matthewmatosis
Matthewmatosis
>>
Hello ladies and gentlemen
>>
Who gives a shit about this casual crybaby.

He'll probably whine about DS3 being too hard as well.
>>
>was just discussing with a friend what we reckon Matthew would think about Dark Souls III
>this is the first thread I see when I open /v/, and it was only just made too

spooky
>>
I've always wondered what his opinion on La-mulana is.
>>
he's pretentious as hell and his videos are boring as fuck
>>
When it's ready, perhaps
Though I don't particularly want him to remind me that TPHD is a disappointment
>>
>>332067636
DS2 wasn't hard, it was just unfair.
>>
>>332067636
>bad game design is hardcurrrr
>>
>>332067696
>le hitbox meme
>wah DS1 never made me fight more than 1 enemy at a time

Go to bed, Mathew.
>>
>>332067681
How is he pretentious?
>>
>>332067542
>liking Matthew "I pander to v" mitosis

Faggots.
>>
>>332067542
I really wish he cpuld make more videos. Specially long ones.
Tha 6 hours DaS commentary video was great.
>>
>>332067849
/v/ is too retarded to articulate any real argumentative opinion.
>>
>>332067759
You can tell by the games he chooses to review that he thinks they have some kind of artistic or cultural value that needs to be appraised and explained, it's beyond cringe-worthy.
>>
>>332067696
>it's not hard, just unfair

Literally git gud.
>>
>>332067756
The battle system was built in a way to favor 1v1 fights or fights with many unarmored enemies retard.
And lo and behold, magic fucking cheeses through the game while melee is unbalanced as fuck
Go to bed shitposter
>>
>>332067542
You're German, aren't you.
>>
>Whine and bitch about DS2 being too hard
>Scholar literally fixes every one of his complaints
>Utterly fails to address this

Unprofessional as fuck, I hope the lack of new videos is a sign he's given up.
>>
>>332067930
So he's pretentious because you made shit up by yourself about what games he chooses to review and made it your headcanon.
Ok
>>
>>332067930
>Zelda
>Super Mario
>MGS
>Dark Souls

artistic value

HA!
>>
>>332067998
>hurr why didn't he retroactively add stuff in his review about an expansion that still had to come out
>>
>>332067953
>I suck at the game

That's all you had to say anon. Also magic has always been cheese central in souls games, don't act like 2 is a outlier in that regard.
>>
>>332067542
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hPFPjQ4pjo
fuck off matt
>>
>>332067542
He's the best!
>>
>>332068218
>posting Reddit: Le musical
you fuck off
>>
>Phimosis fanboys kick and scream that e-celebs are vidya related
>Get pissed when other faggots make threads about Pewdiepie
You opened the flood gates, I don't want to see you faggots ever complain about e-celebs because of what you've done.
>>
>>332067542
He's the worst!
>>
>>332068176
>you can't detach your personal skill level when talking about game design
Yes, I'm complaining about bad design choices which means I totally had problems with the game.
Smug anime face
>>
File: 1458943512294.png (209 KB, 712x700) Image search: [Google]
1458943512294.png
209 KB, 712x700
>>332068286
>>
>>332067998
>DS2 being too hard
you missed the point
and sotfs added more of the same
>>
>>332068176
I hope they fill every corridor of DaS3 with dozens of armored enemies immune to magic so your hardcoretard needs will be satisfied, because that's genuine difficulty and not cancer at all
>>
>>332068304

Are you sure the people doing the first thing are the same people doing the second thing?
>>
>>332068423
>Being too hard is now a flaw

I forgot it's a long weekend.
>>
File: 1450905812551.jpg (338 KB, 1369x1183) Image search: [Google]
1450905812551.jpg
338 KB, 1369x1183
>>332068325
>I suck at the game but it's okay cause I'm criticizing it

The fact that power stances provided ease when dealing with large number of mobs shows you didn't play the game right. You also get various bomb and enchantment items that make things easier as well. They also rarely threw a large number of enemies at you. I found myself usually only doing 1v1 in ds 2 with occasional fights against multiple weak enemies. There of course are parts with tons of enemies but they were weak and died quickly. Ds1 has a couple parts with enemy spam to but no one brings it up.
>>
>>332068453
80% sure.
Most people in these threads think they've caught onto a craze that's "Underappreciated" which means sucking this e-celebs cock isn't as bad as the others.
Don't be afraid to chip into that Patreon goy, he needs it to survive.
>>
>>332068435
It is genuine difficulty git gud baby. I bet your first playthrough of dark souls took you way over 25 hours. I also bet you'd whine about Zelda 2 being too hard.
>>
>>332067998
By complete happenstance, I am listening to his Dark Souls 2 Critique right now and he doesn't say that it's too hard, he says that it relies too much on multiple enemy encounters where you are pitted against a lot of foes simply so the fight is difficult because Dark Souls is meant to be difficult.

It's bad design he's talking about, now that it's overly difficult.
>>
>>332068552
Indeed.

The ADHD kiddies dont have School today.
Of course its hard to Focus when theres more than one enemy in front of you
>>
>>332067930
>You can tell by the games he chooses to review that he thinks they have some kind of artistic or cultural value that needs to be appraised and explained

Is this the same person who made 5-part retrospectives on Super Mario and Zelda?
>>
>>332067998

You cannot honestly deny that DSII suffered from bad level design and enemy placement.
>>
I want to play couch co-op video games with drunk Matthew.
>>
description =/= analysis
>>
>>332067756
>wah I didn't understand the argument or just parrot /v/ memes
>>
>>332069162
It suffered from bad level design because it was gonna be an open world game like skyrim. The director eventually got fired since he was taking too long so the new director had to mutilate the game and make it just work. Bad enemy placement is subjective and all souls games suffer from it to different degrees.
>>
>>332068286
>Invoking Reddit boogeyman

hello newfriend
>>
File: JC addresses e-celebs.jpg (192 KB, 799x600) Image search: [Google]
JC addresses e-celebs.jpg
192 KB, 799x600
>>332067542
>>
>>332069512

>Bad enemy placement is subjective and all souls games suffer from it to different degrees.

Yes but II is easily the biggest offender. Too many areas suffer from replacing interesting level design and consistent challenge by simply throwing in more bad guys to pad it out.
>>
>>332069708
And dark souls 1 has ledges with projectile enemies that can push you off in many areas to pad it out.
>>
Dark Souls II was bad but I hope none of you apologized for Lords of the Fallen.

That game is utter shit and I recall some people recommending it against DS2.
>>
>>332068552
>too hard is now a flaw
being too hard for the sake of being too hard is mediocre game design

not like b-team drones would understand
>>
>>332069949

I imagine you're talking about the archers in Anor Londo. I'd argue that they're fine placement as they don't treat you unfairly, it's not as if their arrows home in on you or that you don't expect them when first playing. If it were DSII they would place them hidden in a corner as you enter a room and get a shot in when you're opening a chest or something.
>>
>>332070003

I got that on Games with Gold, thought it was okay. Very sluggish controls though. Thought it was funny that it had the exact same control layout as Dark Souls.
>>
>>332070124
>It may instantly kill you but at least it doesn't take 30% of your HP!
>>
>>332070210
The input delay of button press to attack was infuriating. And every enemy is the shield-spear guy from Souls aka every fight is waiting around.

If you want a game with actual artificial difficulty, look no further Lords of the Fallen.
>>
>>332070265

what?
>>
>matthewphymosis

get fucking rekt you eceleb-liking shitlords
>>
>>332069684
He actually just quit his job. He used to be a programmer, but now he's given it up to make more videos.

>he hasn't released a single video since dedicating his entire life to making videos
He's a hack.
>>
>>332070632
Didn't he leave his job a week ago?
>>
File: Sad-Anime-girl-crying-2.jpg (37 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Anime-girl-crying-2.jpg
37 KB, 600x450
>break up with my girlfriend recently
>miss her presence and her voice a fucking lot
>Matthew's Splatoon stream in his youtube alternate channel
>can't watch it since the cute as hell voice of his girlfriend reminds me I don't have her by my side

Fuck this gay earth.
>>
>>332071089
grow some balls
>>
>>332070632
Could you make a stupider, pettier remark?
>>
>>332071089
>tfw no gf to get mad at video games with
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.