[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wait,i don't understand,do these people believe that mobile
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: steam.png (808 KB, 938x613) Image search: [Google]
steam.png
808 KB, 938x613
wait,i don't understand,do these people believe that mobile gaming is some sorta of heaven where you just need to create something like fruit ninja or angry birds to become rich ?
>>
Yes, they believe this.
>>
It's also true. Micro transactions and cheap viral games yield higher profits than AAA titles.

Thank the normies.
>>
make no mistake, he's completely correct

the money lies in the humongous fraction of people who do not buy videogames on a regular basis, e.g. mobile games
>>
>>332057765
> Micro transactions and cheap viral games yield higher profits than AAA titles.
Extremely few do. Most are crap nobody buys and nobody even knows exists.
>>
>>332057691
its kind of true though. retards give so much money to those games,
>>
>>332057860
League of Legends has made like a billion dollars in microtransactions. I'm sure Candy Crush and Clash of Clans have made similar figures.
>>
>Google game.apk for every priced game on Android
>Play
>Install Lucky on Android
>"Buy" all in game purchases for $0

Why the fuck would you ever spend a cent on mobile games even if you enjoy them? APKs are as common as oxygen and Lucky makes every inapp purchase free.
>>
>>332057954
3/1000000 amazing
>>
>>332057816
not really though, yes the big names make billions but 99% of mobile games make no money at all. The idea that the mobile industry will ever supplant traditional games is ridiculous, not to mention they've been saying it ever since the iphone first came out and nothing's happened.
>>
It makes me confused that anybody would choose to become a mobile dev. You could make a genuinely engaging game, make it fun, and free and have a resonable business model behind it, and 99% of the time it's still going to flop horribly.

If you dont get featured on whatever app store its on or get some person with an audience promoting your game its almost guaranteed to fail because everybody will be too busy playing "Dank Meem Run Simulator Bird 2016".
>>
>>332057964
iPhone?
>>
>>332058113

Who the fuck buys an iPhone?

>Hey I want to buy something more locked down than Guantanamo Bay.
>>
>>332057964
Because most successful mobile games are played with other people...
>>
>>332058165
sup pajeet
>>
>>332057623
yes,they believe this,but they are wrong

mobile gaming is not heaven,what these don't know is the fact that viral games have got a life cycle
>a new game suddently appaears on the app store
>it goes viral
>everyone plays it
>2 months later everyone will forget about this game
that's how it works,however,there are a few games that managed to survive this life cycle,the best example is clash of clans,clash of clans was a game released many years ago and it's one of the most famous games on the app store,another thing is that people WILL complain about your game
>people will complain about your game consuming too much battery (if your game will consume a lot of battery)
>people will complain about your game being too heavy (if your game will be heavy)
>people will complain about your game having micro transactions(if your game will have micro transactions) etc. and also there is no advertising,it's literally a free for all

so no,mobile gaming is not a heaven
>>
>>332057860
but King is the most profitable video game company in history anon
>>
>>332057623
>if you have thousands of dollars worth of inventory you don't matter to the people who want to make money selling you more of it

What kind of retarded logic is this? I've spent more on games in the last year than mobile gaming people will spend in their lifetime.
>>
>>332057964
Normies and generation Y kids are not tech savvy. and It's all scary virus to them. Mom will just buy the $4 game for them if they ask.
>>
>>332058165
>Who the fuck buys an iPhone?
aahahahahaahah well you're in for a surprise
>>
>>332058014
It doesn't matter. There were also hundreds of companies years ago that all got bought by the ones that struck it rich and kept the snowball going.
>>
>>332058113

Jailbreak it in 3 mouse clicks. Replace APKs with IPAs, replace Lucky with iPACracker. Same result.
>>
>>332058165
>Who the fuck buys an iPhone?

Like 70% of normies
>>
File: market.png (10 KB, 681x185) Image search: [Google]
market.png
10 KB, 681x185
>>332058424
What's the surprise?
>>
>>332058467
Can iPhone 6s be jailbroken yet though?
>>
File: 1410855148560.jpg (35 KB, 256x320) Image search: [Google]
1410855148560.jpg
35 KB, 256x320
>>332057623
So what happens if i have 10+ of the free games on my steam and never spent a cent on any of the in-game purchases?
>>
>>332058424
>>332058471
not him,but
>wanting to buy and overpriced phone
>wanting to buy a locked thing
>"b-but there are no virus !!!"
>applefags will defend this
>>
>>332058424
>>332058471

Oh I forgot that Americans are fucking retards. At least you have Apple to guide you through life, telling you what's best.
>>
>>332058532
>>332058535
I don't like apple myself. I despise their business model and I think their operatings systems are awful to work with, but I understand why people buy their stuff. If you aren't good with technology and are too busy to invest time in anything computer related then it's nice I guess. It just werks.
>>
>>332058352
i think that you misunderstood the whole point of that article,if you have more than 10 games on steam,it means that you buy everything that comes up,so they don't need to worry about you because they know that you will buy it,they are focusing on people who doesn't always play vidya and they are tying a way to mke those people buy their games
>>
>>332058927
But that's not true either. I buy a lot and I play a lot, but I also make a lot of decisions about what I buy, and when I buy it. I have a lot of games, but there are a lot more I don't have.
>>
>>332059047
But you are not representative of the mindless retards who literally buy anything even remotely relevant to their interests that pop up.

It's a lot easier to convince someone who plays enough games to own hundreds of games on Steam to buy your product than someone who has only ever used Steam to play Skyrim or Portal 2, which is why the devs are focusing their marketing on the latter demographic.
>>
File: 1443571724957.gif (3 MB, 390x391) Image search: [Google]
1443571724957.gif
3 MB, 390x391
>>332058875
>being a pleb apologist
>>
>>332059170
Fair enough, but this brings me to the old adage of customer marketing - that it costs 8 times as much (or whatever the figure is) to bring in a new client than it is to maintain one.

Since I'm already a typical user, clearly they should be focused on making sure their game is one that I'm interested in, because they could do it for so much less.
>>
this can only be a good thing, greedy companies will make mobile garbage, proper video games will be made by people who enjoy and understand them
>>
>>332059308
depends anon,if the mobile gaming will be succesful,everyone will make apps and vidya might die,if not,then good
>>
Maybe that's the reason whole gaming scene is what it is today. Devs don't give a shit about people who actually like and play games and who aided them to get where they are at the first place. No, they tell that gamers are toxic community and want to appeal idiots who don't even like games.
>>
>>332059406
i doubt it, mobile games are already way more profitable than traditional vidya, people who are passionate about video games will continue to make them, only greedy companies like ea and shit would make the switch
>>
>>332058165
kek
>>
>>332057964
normies don't understand tech (nor do they care very much - they're barely any better than your average grandmothers when it comes down to it, they're just more knowledgeable of modern UI conventions) and Apple made damn sure to close off the mobile platform

others took note of this, e.g. even though Android is more easy to crack open, it's still a pain in the ass to do so
>>
>>332058508
People who paid $600 for their phone are more likely to spend money on store shit than people who buy $50-100 androids, high tier android percentages are probably not that high compared to iOS
>>
>>332058352
The point is that they are making games for non-gamers.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.