[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw I realize how to parry in Metal Gear Rising at the last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1457071789808.jpg (4 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1457071789808.jpg
4 KB, 259x194
>mfw I realize how to parry in Metal Gear Rising at the last boss of the game
This is literally one of the most poorly explained mechanics I've ever seen. NO WHERE does the game tell you that, (A), parrying is an essential part of the game, and (B), you perform a parry by tapping the left analog stick forward and mashing square. I even replayed the first level again to make sure it wasn't just me being a dumbass, literally all the game says is that you're supposed to run forward and attack to parry, which is a blatant lie. Why is this allowed?
>>
>>332044982
Yeah it's not explained well but if it took you to the last boss in order to figure that out you're dumb.
>>
it's in the tutorial
>>
Are you retarded? I can understand not figuring out dodging because it isn't necessary but really?
>>
While the tutorial is definitely shit and doesn't properly teach you anything, you'd have to be mentally retarded to play through the entire game without learning how to parry. The bladewolf boss in particular is designed to force you to learn how to parry if you haven't done so yet.
>>
They should've just made it a mandatory tutorial; I know people hate that shit, but it seems like 80% of people who have played MGRR are retarded mouth breathers.
>>
>>332045056
>>332045110
>>332045175
>>332045261
>>332045289
I never needed to parry because I always just ran away when I was about to get hit.
>>
>>332045371
>never needed to parry because I always just ran away
>essential part of the game

So which is it, faggot?
>>
File: 1447480645359.jpg (4 KB, 261x195) Image search: [Google]
1447480645359.jpg
4 KB, 261x195
This seems like a good time to ask, I have been playing this game for like 2 hours now, got past mistrel, am I doing it wrong if I just spam parry the entire time? It seems like the most efficient way to just not take damage
>>
>>332045623
I never needed to until the last fight because even when I got destroyed for never parrying I just kept replaying the section over and over. I probably played Sundowner's fight and Sam's fight 20 times each before I beat them because of it.
>>332045712
That's how you're supposed to play it.
>>
>>332045712
Ideally you'd be on the offensive and would parry when the enemies attack. It's faster and more efficient.

Going full defense is viable but boring.
>>
>>332044982
How is that possible? I had to learn by bladewolf.
>>
>>332045371
>Ran away
You did... get the dodge move?
Right?
>>
>>332046216
Dodge move? I just did the ninja dash thing.
>>
>>332045712

Step 1: Buy Defensive Offense
Step 2: Dodge everything

Oh, and learn how to perfect parry while you're at it for instant kills all day every day.
>>
File: Bx8uqAwIMAEmsqM.jpg (18 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Bx8uqAwIMAEmsqM.jpg
18 KB, 500x375
>>332046334
>>
>>332044982
It tells you how to parry in the tutorial with the Metal Gear, you faggot.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.