[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3 AMA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7
File: Dark-Souls-3-Cover-HD-Wallpaper.jpg (604 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-3-Cover-HD-Wallpaper.jpg
604 KB, 1600x900
Ask a guy who just finished DS3 on PC anything.
>>
Where's the torrent
>>
>>332044537
I got a review copy sorry brah
>>
>>332044484
How long did it take?
>>
Did you like it?
>>
>>332044751
Well to keep it spoiler free lets just say the game has many paths that will lead you to many endings. The path i took ran me about 20 hours. That does not include all optional areas or bosses i may have missed.
>>
do you know what the description of ornstein armor and spear say? he seems to be related to the namelees king, but i can't find it anywhere.
>>
What stops you from uploading it?
>>
>>332044484
Why havent you leaked it
>>
>>332044816
Atmosphere of Dark Souls 1, marries the best combat elements of Bloodborne and Souls. I personally loved the new combat changes and overall feel of it. Some may not.
>>
20 hours? I'm at 30 and I just got to Londo. Did you not explore at all? Did you even do any co-op?
>>
>>332044948
>>332044890

I played on a friends steam account who got a hold of the NA review copy. I'll ask him if he has a way to do it.
>>
>>332044876
>the game has many paths that will lead you to many endings.
Hmm, interesting. Are we talking paths that are taken due to actions of the player or from making a choice from a list?
>>
>>332045078
Ya i was moving fast, i only had a limited time to play it so.
>>
How are the environments? All I've seen from the game so far has been gray, decrepit areas with snow, ash, or dead leaves on the ground. One of the biggest draws for me in DS1 were the interesting, often times colorful, environments to explore. Every time I look at DS3 it just seems so colorless which does fit with the world perhaps, but is incredibly boring if it's consistent.

Also, how viable are shields? A lot of bosses and enemies seem like they'd just blow through anyone trying to block attacks. I'm worried that, after Bloodborne, they're kinda shitting on shield users. I'm fine with dodging, but if every bosses has massive unblockable attacks that'd be annoying.
>>
>>332045154
I couldn't tell where the game was changing paths specifically but it's obvious at the end there were different possible outcomes.
>>
>>332045406
Many of the early game areas have a bloodborne wash to them. There is a Blighttown 2.0 section that is really nice to look at and many areas towards the end that were just mind blowing. It does have its "oh look at these cool lighting effects" parts but the attention to detail is what impressed me the most. Also shields are very viable in PVE. They just did a better job at not giving you OP shields to early.
>>
Can you make me a sandwich?
>>
>>332045424
Very cool. How was stamina consumption handled? Was it like DS or more like BB? Also what were your ending stats?
>>
Do the bosses get more health and start doing more damage?

I've only seen the tutorial boss, Vordt and the tree but both of those seem to do piddly damage and die without much effort at all even for early game bosses.

Please tell me later bosses are actually a challenge.
>>
>>332045701
yeaaaah you totaly play the game,,,,
>>
>>332045701
Neat, thanks OP. I was just a bit worried because, despite the apocalyptic nature of the worlds, DS1 had some really colorful places like the woods, crystal caverns, and other spots.

Also, the Elite Knight set is in the game, right? If you found it of course. I always did Elite Knight helmet and chest with Havel's gloves and leggings in DS1 and 2. It'd be neat to keep the look consistent.
>>
>>332046074
Definitely, the lategame bosses start getting insanely hard.
>>
How beginner friendly is it for plebs?

I tried ds1 a year or two ago, liked it but couldn't get past the spider fire lady and uninstalled.
Got ds2 later and played more than 200 hours of that, pve only and loved it.
>>
>>332045891
Well scaling is kind of weird, while im sure there is a mechanic behind this as i leveled stats such as endurance it kind went like this 1 2 1 2 1 3 1 2 2. So at times i had lots of stamina then as enemies got bulkier i felt like a soul level 1 scrublord. my ending level was about 120
>>
>>332046238

Good that was my biggest concern.
>>
>>332046294
Ive been playing Souls games since Demons. So for me it was really comfortable. I'd say they do a better job of ramping you into the combat. It does make that turn at the first Big Daddy Boss where you have to ggit gud.

>>332046074
Yes first 2 bosses are really easy, I'd say that the first actual Lord of Cinder boss fight is the beginning of the tough bosses.
>>332046161
Yes you get meet another traveler from Astora who has the set.
>>
>>332045131
If you're actually being honest, make sure he knows there's absolutely no way for Bamco to know who uploads the game. People tend to be afraid of something that's impossible.

>>332046294
Early and mid game is really easy, but the difficulty ramps up a boatload in the last portion.
>>
Why people are saying the world is not interconnected ? Is there no shortcut or whatever and it's similar to DeS?
>>
>>332046692
Yhorm put me on tilt dude
>>
>>332046807
Firelink isn't really connected to the world but majority of the actually areas you play in are connected. I think they achieved was DS2 tried to do.
>>
Is Humanity still a thing? What co-op/invasion features are there? Is the hub world going to be overbearing like Majula or just a pit stop like Firelink Shrine?
>>
>>332046886
Yhorm is a gimmick boss. You can either equip Storm Ruler v2 and kill him in 5 hits or whack on him for 20 minutes with your normal weapon.
>>
>>332047035
Yes but it's now called Embers. You have Ash form and Ember form. Ash form lowers your max hp but prevents you from being invaded. Ember for grants you your max hp but you can be invaded by players and NPC. Co=op and invasion are pretty much the same, there are some cool new covenant mechanics. Firelink is back and its a separate hub world from the actual game world. Similar to Demons Souls
>>
now that you finished it, will you watch DSP's playthrough?
>>
>>332047101
i opted for whacking
>>
>>332044484
is there a weapon that scales with luck ? like Blueblood Sword from Demon's Souls
>>
>>332047264
Sounds neat. How rare are Embers? Uncommon like Humanity or a bitch to find for an offline player like Effigies? What about the Covenants? I've heard about the one "wildcard" covenant that allows you to help or harm at any time during your summon. Is that true? Also, what's the status on Bonfires? I've been told they're even more uncommon now. Is that true so they can act as limited access to Firelink?
>>
>>332047101
Op here
Anon since it sounds like you have beaten the game as well what did you think about The Nameless. Like he is obviously Papa G right?
>>
>>332047448
I think there is, though I can't remember it off-hand. There's an upgrade path for LCK scaling on any weapon, though.

>>332047601
The wildcard covenant is called Mound Makers, but they're kinda bad because their summon sign is purple. I guarantee past week 1 nobody but gank squads will be summoning them. They're also not really wildcard, because they only get their covenant item if they kill the host -- nothing for killing mobs, blue phantoms, or red phantoms.
Typical FROM great idea ruined by poor execution.
>>
>>332047448
Yes

>>332047601
About as rare as they were in Dark Souls 1. You can also farm them.

Covenants are about half copy and paste and half new. Not sure about a wildcard cov i didnt really explore them to much. Since bonfire creation was removed from the final game they did place bonfires around the maps. DS3 makes use of shortcuts rather then just placing bonfires everywhere like DS2. Some areas you have to go back through after death which is good.
>>
How well optimized is it?
I have a toaster of a PC, but I ran SotFS with everything at high at 60 FPS.
>>
>>332048045
You could prob run it at 30fps, some areas dropped me to like 50 and i have a really good rig. Its a souls game so.
>>
>>332048035
>DS3 makes use of shortcuts rather then just placing bonfires everywhere like DS2.

That sounds great. It always felt more satisfying to kick down a ladder or open a locked door than to just teleport around everywhere. Made the world feel a lot more put together than DaS2 did. What about the backtracking you mentioned? Is it like in DaS where it's just specific places like the Asylum which show wear and tear since you left, or is it just some general mechanic like a new wave of enemies have set up shop in a place you cleared out?
>>
>>332044484
keeth in game. i know the girl in spawn works for him also how did the trap die and did you get secret ending and how did the ending go
>>
File: 1383087425909.png (73 KB, 294x293) Image search: [Google]
1383087425909.png
73 KB, 294x293
>>332045131
Did you play through on his computer, or do you have the game files on yours?
>>
>>332047264
is there a lore reason why humanity is called embers
>>
why don't you upload the files nigger
>>
>>332048373
I meant that if you die in an area most of the time you have to go back through it. Haven't seen any old areas change though it would be interesting to head back to the start.

>>332048508
I logged into his steam account on my computer. Since we are on the same network he didn't get hit with any security blocks.

>>332048540
Yep
>>
File: 1388388435614.jpg (44 KB, 307x366) Image search: [Google]
1388388435614.jpg
44 KB, 307x366
>>332048704
>I logged into his steam account on my computer
Then upload the fucking files somewhere.
>>
>>332048704
did you get Usurpation of Fire ending and if so how it go
>>
>>332048704
It's as simple as compressing the folder and letting people crack it. Just don't try to send that shit through torrent if you don't have a seed box.
>>
>>332044484
any sign of Aldia?
>>
File: quite.jpg (26 KB, 463x378) Image search: [Google]
quite.jpg
26 KB, 463x378
>>332048704
Are bosses as memorable as BB bosses? Anything that compares to Ludwig or Micolash, for example?
>>
What order would you rank the SoulsBorne games in from best to worst?
>>
Holy shit, upload those files pls.
>>
where do you get all of these?? mostly the pyromancy
>>
Are there robes that look like something the Grim Reaper would wear? Because I want to build myself to become Death
>>
File: 160941.jpg (51 KB, 445x531) Image search: [Google]
160941.jpg
51 KB, 445x531
Anon, you could be the hero we deserve. Take those files, put them online SOMEWHERE. Send them to a cracking group, whatever. YOU have the power.
>>
>>332044484
Dayonepatch
>>
>>332048035
fuk yes dick ass thief it is then , dex/luck here i come
>>
>>332048838
Im the fires cuck.

>>332048891
Not really, but the game recognizes a lot of Dark Souls 2 cannon which is nice.

>>332048892
Yep, a lot of the mid-late game bosses have that perfect mix of soundtrack/atmosphere and difficulty that is this game at its best.

>>332048947
DS3
Bloodborne
DS1
DsSs
Dark Souls 2
>>
now leak this motherfucker
>>
File: speccy.png (46 KB, 661x515) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
46 KB, 661x515
>>332048331
You haven't seen my specs tho. I guess I'll post them and let people laugh
>>
>>332045131
sounds like bullshit my man
>>
>>332049374
holy fuck anon

obviously i haven't played ds3 yet but your taste is unreal. I hope it's as good as you're saying it is in that list.
>>
>>332049124
I believe Deep Protection is a boss spell. You meet a pyro vendor early on who sells more the spells as you bring him Tome like items.
>>
keep the dream alive
>>
>>332049528
My taste is unreal? How so? Is it because i ranked DS2 last or Bloodborne so high?
>>
>>332049432
You're playing at 720p so, you shouldn't worry too much about it.
>>
>>332050023
Will I be able to hold 60 FPS? That's all I care about.
>>
>>332044484
Why would you play it on PC?
>>
>>332050067
720p on low settings, medium if it's well optimized, you probably will. I'd wait for actual Steam release feedback before getting it.
>>
>>332050268
Because console is ass, why else?
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.