[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are those new ps4 rumors true? Will the new model have better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2
File: witch.gif (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
witch.gif
2 MB, 1920x1080
Are those new ps4 rumors true? Will the new model have better graphics on games?
>>
File: suicidepepe.jpg (45 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
suicidepepe.jpg
45 KB, 709x765
>>332026343
i fucking hope not I'm gonna order mine from amazon tomorrow and I'll be fucking pissed.
>>
>>332026343

Too many sources confirming it. If you got one recently I suggest selling it back and waiting. If you own one I suggest selling it and taking the loss

40 million ps4 owners are gonna put them on ebay when that shit releases so you might as well get ahead of the curve
>>
If the new models actually do have better performance it would kind of invalidate some of the point of a console.
>>
>>332026842

Well it doesn't matter since consoles are marketed and pcs are not. That's the only thing holding pcs back in the end. No compact prebuilts with windows on them.
>>
>>332026767
I haven't ordered mine yet I'm selling the xbone tomorrow you think it's worth the wait?
I hope it releases before summer or in july.
>>
>>332026767
>poorfags
>>
>>332026973

I don't know when it's coming out. I'm guessing near the end of the year since that's when psvr is out as well and the older model won't be able to run vr worth a shit with near current gen visuals. That's likely the entire reason they're doing this. There's also a rumor that there's a game being made specifically for that new model so I wouldn't touch the current ps4.
>>
>>332026951
There are, but compact prebuilts also miss out on some of the good points about having a PC in the first place, and you're paying more for the compact and prebuilt aspect of it as well. This might not affect the people who buy a console to play a few yearly releases and nothing else, but people who are more into it might feel burned by the release of a straight upgrade on the previous version that isn't just slimming down.
>>
I think they're going to do with and I think Microsoft is going to do it as well. Whether that's going to happen holiday 2016 or sometime in 2017, I don't know, but they are going to do it.

It's disgusting, really. I'd like to say I'm optimistic the gaming community would reject it, but I don't think they will. They are going to roll right over.

Shortened hardware cycles, closed platform, more expensive games, pay for online, flip a coin as to whether you can re-use your controllers. You can forget about subsidized hardware ever again, too.
>>
>>332027112

>paid 400 bucks for ps4 on release with an online sub
>2 years later I see rumors that sony's gonna release another system for 400-500

I'm not poor. But I'm not getting royally screwed either.
>>
>>332028389
>You can forget about subsidized hardware ever again, too.

They'll just use APUs as usually like they did in 2013 to lower the price. APUs are weak shit but should provide the latest eyecandy at 1080p at 20-30 fps for a year or two
>>
>>332028607
The entire industry is just going to complete shit. The huge budgets combined with a contracting/stagnating market means they are just going to try and squeeze their core customers even harder.
>>
consolefags think they can just snap their fingers and magically have le epic graphics
>>
>>332028787
crash when?
>>
>>332028787

Yea you can see the signs already

As soon as the ps4 users rolled over for paid online you knew where this was going

Imo, they will keep pushing for always on as well as no reselling used games and will succeed in time

Why?

Because both sony and ms get a cut from every game sold and get shit if it's resold as used. Sony only let MS go first so they can secure a win since they needed it more as MS is rich as fuck

The latest cancer and I'm not sure if people even noticed is selling games for 60 dollars and then that 20-30 dollar add on/"Season pass" for the full content. Like the division gold.

Games aren't even the focus of the budget. It's allocated carefully to ensure the game isn't complete shit ala alien colonial marines and then the majority is spent on marketing.

Websites and "gaming journalists" are paid off to support this garbage and say why it's a good thing to retards

Companies pay off shills to do the same

On top of that you have censorship and other retarded groups trying to have a say for their own agenda

Basically it's getting real bad and this is just going to add to the cancer

Once they b8 people will false promises they will do as they please.
>>
>>332029280
They would have to be completely retarded to throw away a user base consisting of tens of millions of people (not everyone will give a shit about VR)
>>
>>332029280
Hopefully soon. If the NX looks like shit I'm probably going to dump consoles permanently.
>>
>>332026343
Maybe better framerates, but nothing past 30 due to frame locks.
>>
>>332029280
Getting too big for that to happen. The majority of people buying consoles just don't care so long as they can play the latest AAA game at 20fps
>>
>>332029362
>Because both sony and ms get a cut from every game sold
that only applies to digital sales if its physical retailers take that slice
>>
>>332029960

Physical gives them a portion as well.
>>
>>332029362
>Because both sony and ms get a cut from every game sold and get shit if it's resold as used. Sony only let MS go first so they can secure a win since they needed it more as MS is rich as fuck

>The latest cancer and I'm not sure if people even noticed is selling games for 60 dollars and then that 20-30 dollar add on/"Season pass" for the full content. Like the division gold.

Right on the mark. DLC is baked in for just about every AAA release and now even Nintendo is getting in on it.

AA type games are basically as good as dead. You have a gem here and there, but it's basically smartphone shovelware and cross your fingers the latest AAA isn't a steaming pile of by-the-numbers shit.
>>
>>332030589
why?
>>
>>332029960
Console makers get a platform royalty on every new game sale. I think it's like 7-8%. Maybe it's lower.
>>
>>332026343
No
It will be able to output 4k
Anything else like graphic setting and framerate will most likely stay the same
>>
>>332026343
Blue tint and contrast up the ass looks like shit
>>
>>332030891
is it apart of the devkit contract or something?
>>
>>332026343
yeah but I doubt that its going to support 4k gaming?
>>
>>332030813

It's on their distribution system. You are playing on their console and using their infrastructure.

Why else do you think ms and sony shit out hardware? They make money off game sales.

Devs also have to pay a fee to get a game on the consoles to begin with and also have to pay for patches.
>>
Does nobody here remember last gen? It's just going to be a PS4 Elite/Slim.

Nobody is stupid enough to do that New 3DS shit.
>>
>>332031625
that makes sense I guess
>>
>>332026671
Why wouldn't you wait? You will have no one to blame but yourself when you end up with an underpowered console because you couldn't be patient.
>>
>>332031437
I'm not sure of the contractual specifics, but I'd imagine if your game gets approved for release on the platform, then the royalties apply. I don't know if it scales differently for digital releases on console.

I think the average for Steam is something like 30% platform royalty to Valve, give or take a few percentage points, but that's with brick and mortar retail cut out of the picture. I don't know if the console platforms do the same thing where they take a larger cut when physical retail isn't involved.
>>
>>332031846
Yes let me waste my life waiting to buy the newest tech
>>
Calling it now
It will be a PS4 with UHD Bluray support
>>
If Apple can do it...
>>
>>332032123
There's not much until the summer. Just wait for E3 unless there's a game you absolutely must play.
>>
>>332032334
apple is shit android is better
>>
>>332032597
Every update made my note 4 get slower and less responsive.
>>
>>332032334

Console gaymers are obnoxiously cheap when it comes to the hardware.

If sony was apple tier they would have won in a landslide with 599 us dollars thing yet they lost the lead to the 360 for years until MS literally stopped releasing games on it and it caught up. These machines aren't as useful as phones they are simply for gaming.

Then this gen you have sony copying MS and releasing it for 400 bucks vs MS's kinect garbage at 500

That is the only reason they snowballed ahead. As soon as the next iterations hit, the cheapest one will win as always since they will both be using shitty APUs either way and MS isn't going to blow money on gimmicks anymore.
>>
>>332032281
It isn't really calling it now, when that is what everyone else is predicting as well. Mostly bluray review sites and other videophiles.
>>
Better graphics? No.
Why? No game company is going to publish a second version with better graphics.
What will you get with PS4.5? Probably higher resolutions and framerates with the same graphics settings.
Why? So they can sell you their crappy VR headset.
>>
>>332026343
>better graphics
no, it's not nearly powerful enough. better performance? yes, but it's unlikely to be anything other than solid 30, preventing dips that would happen on the regular PS4.
>>
>>332031846
so what the fucking estimated time of release for this shitconsole
>>
>>332034126

End of 2016 to early 2017

We'll know more by e3
>>
>>332035291
holy fucking shit wait 7 months for a ps4 again
>>
>>332026767
Tbh there will probably be a trade-in program at Gamestop, theyll shell out $200-250 for a ps4 in good condition already.
>>
>>332035631
gamestop closed operations where I live so im better off just saving the money... i'll be kek if this shit doesn't actually release and don't get to play bloodborn
>>
>>332034092
>no, it's not nearly powerful enough. better performance? yes
You realize if a dev decides to forego better performance he can do better graphics right
>>
I want Witcher 3 but I'm afraid of its size and my somewhat minimal experience with RPGs.
>>
>>332035982
>minimal experience with RGPs
Don't worry, it's babby's first RPG tier
>>
>>332035631
I'd imagine that current trade-in value will drop to around $100 if PS4.5 gets confirmed, maybe lower.
>>
>>332036362
probably 125$ which is still completely shit for a console thats only 2 years old? damn i rather get myself a ps3 for like 70 bucks and play persona 5
>>
>>332026343
You do realize that this PlayStation 4.5 is only a thing because of PS VR right?

They will release this model so that it can support the PS VR without having to buy and plug in that extra box that's included.

I won't change current games. Also 4k video, support that's it.

It's literally the same idea as the 3DS to *New*3DS
>>
A video game crash would be interesting. I'm not sure what would cause people to stop buying games though.

What's going to be the breaking point?
>>
>>332037761
I think there would be a point where companies will be asking for too much money for a game. IMO they have already done this with dlc, season passes, day one editions, microtransactions etc. Literally no one who plays video games wants to waste this kind of money on any game that isnt even finished.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.