[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone even still playing this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Magic-Duels-Origins.jpg (108 KB, 932x466) Image search: [Google]
Magic-Duels-Origins.jpg
108 KB, 932x466
Is anyone even still playing this game?
>>
File: relentlessdead.jpg (40 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
relentlessdead.jpg
40 KB, 265x370
Why would I when MTGO exists?

>ALL of the cards of each set
>No retarded restrictions for casuals
>Cards released on a better schedule
>Ability to Draft (Objectively the best part of playing Magic)

Can't wait for Shadows Over Innistrad, famalam.
>>
>>331992736

Because it's cheaper and doesn't have a godawful UI
>>
Yes, I play daily. But I agree with everyone else that its a fairly shit game in terms of everything besides the fact its still Magic the Gathering at the core.

I have no spent a single cent on the game and I'm about 16 booster packs away from having every card in the game.
>>
>>331992848
>>331992736
Why the fuck do you have either when you have Cockatrice
>>
>>331992848
You get used to the U.I.

As for the cost, 10 bucks for a draft is what you'd pay to draft a real game, only now you can do it from the comfort of your home.

I sold every physical magic card I got and have only played MTGO ever since. It's the greatest.
>>
>>331992983
>Having to get ready to organize drafts with people on IRC channels like it's 1999
>Most of them just leave when anything goes wrong
>A draft never goes through without lame shit happening
>Netdeckers: The game
>Rule debates just so you don't get fucked over
>Even shittier interface than MTGO

MTGO is the best, famalam. Stop being so poor.
>>
File: 1455647534947.png (41 KB, 1000x668) Image search: [Google]
1455647534947.png
41 KB, 1000x668
>>331993028
Look at this cuck eating WoTCs shit. I hope you have a lot of fun getting jewed.
>>331992132
I dropped this game immediately after release because of their shit microtransactionn bullshit and they arent even supporting the game anyways.
Let me out it this way, I didnt play it right after release and after all this time, a couple of weeks ago I had a Magic itch. So I boot up the game and after months on community challenges and getting free points, I had over 600 something jewcoins. That was only enough to get 4 measly boosters! WTF? So I go over to M15 and all my decks arent valid for some reason.
Well shit, after consloe Magic failing em I just went over to MTG Forge and Cockatrice instead. Which is a shame because I want to have a really badass Magic game to support on my console but, instead WoTC instead on going full jew with their digital offerings. Despite Blizzard blowing them the fuck out in the digital space with Hearstone. Well fuck me right?
>>
>>331993617
>and they arent even supporting the game anyways.

The gatewatch/soi update comes out in like two weeks and amongst other things is outright removing some cards that lead to truly degenerate decks.

I won't defend how badly they've dropped the ball over the last few months but don't say they just aren't supporting it at all.
>>
>>331993882
What cards did they remove? Becuase like I said, I dropped the game after release. But, as far as I know theyve only had one set of dlc being the Eldrazi something pack. Just one, when it was supposed to align the irl releases to the game. I would hardly call this supporting.
>>
>>331994384

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/magic-duels-starter-box-changes-2016-03-11

the expansions are only happening with new sets (main sets I mean) and the only one missed was oath of the gatewatch. like I said I'm not here to defend the game for its failures, there's no excuse for missing that and having to delay its card's additions until Shadows over Innistrad (which is happening on the sixth I think?) but still.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.