[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you miss the Internet when it felt like an adventure - before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1458889368484.png (88 KB, 821x236) Image search: [Google]
1458889368484.png
88 KB, 821x236
Do you miss the Internet when it felt like an adventure - before it was ruined by normies and degeneracy, /int/?
>>
>muh childhood was better than yours!

Jesus
>>
>>331972685
yes
>>
The 90s were overhyped, literally everything but the internet was absolute fucking shit. I was born in 88 and literally the only thing since my birth that has stopped me hopping off a bridge is video games.

Thankfully, I am able to enjoy video games whole heartedly. I only wish I could give a fuck about becoming a streamer or some shit.

plz subscribe.
>>
>>331972685
I do remember how the internet felt like discovering and exploring new places.
But nowadays, the internet (to many people) is just social media.
>>
>>331972685
>normies and degeneracy
that defined 4chan's early days
seriously, go back to old screencaps and look at the way people talked
>>
>>331972685
yeah but there isn't anything I can do about it
>>
>>331973624
4chan used to be a place for weebs to talk about weeb shit. Now it has turned into this weird meta-culture for socially awkward people who feel the need to seclude themselves from the rest of society.
>>
File: 1458316185540.jpg (564 KB, 1877x1050) Image search: [Google]
1458316185540.jpg
564 KB, 1877x1050
>>331972685
>Do you miss /v/ when it felt like an adventure - before it was ruined by normalfags and casuals?

Yes.
>>
>>331973834
4chan also hated the political right for the longest time. It wasn't the alt right, neo con shithole that is today's /pol/
>>
>born 95-2000

you're telling me people born after me are already having nostalgia for their youth, jesus christ where has the time gone
>>
File: sad sonic.jpg (21 KB, 418x265) Image search: [Google]
sad sonic.jpg
21 KB, 418x265
>tfw the internet was literally a second world with its own rules, customs and culture

Now it's just an extension of real life
>>
>>331972685
god, he sounds like a major jackass.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.