[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The End Times
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 109
File: DgqtWS3.jpg (569 KB, 1280x1696) Image search: [Google]
DgqtWS3.jpg
569 KB, 1280x1696
Remember when video games were just about fun? When games were inspiring, fantastical, innovative, and didn't have any ulterior motives.

Now with the advent of social justice it seems like every game has an agenda to push, indie or not, and the industry as a whole is stagnating.

Are we coming upon the end times /v/?

Pic fucking related. (Where muh POC at tho)
>>
>>331951009
Don't play Western games.
Problem fixed.
>>
Don't be a goobergater.
Problem fixed.
>>
this happens to every form of media. since gaming is the youngest form of media we are now witnessing its transformation into the social political realm.
>>
>>331951210
But the Japs can only make RPGs, and not even that reliably anymore.
>>
>>331951625
And what can DA WEST make?

Platformers?
>>
>>331951541
This
Now almost every industry it's shit music.movies, tv series, cartoons etc. All are shit and gaming too but this it's just the beginnen,
>>
>>331951680
Used to be kickass stuff like Unreal, Psychonauts, Doom, Starcraft, Baldur's Gate.

Now? ...walking simulators, maybe.
>>
Remember when we thought indie games were going to save videogames from the big corporations?
>>
I think things were pretty good in 2004, 2005, 2006...

AAA games were good, there were no hipsters, Forza and Halo playing with friends...

Today people are obsessed with 8-bit shit graphics and minimalinistic games
>>
>>331951848
Now we've got the indie game market pushing their socio-political agenda and a stagnating AAA market hyperfocused on putting out yearly installments that cater to the lowest common denominator.

We're besieged on two fronts.
>>
>>331951989
>Now we've got the indie game market pushing their socio-political agenda and a stagnating AAA market hyperfocused on putting out yearly installments that cater to the lowest common denominator.

Everything that hipsters and communists put their heads it turns into degeneracy

The game industry now is LGBT friendly and that's what is killing games.
>>
File: BwvZaFHIEAAlJbt.png (215 KB, 500x272) Image search: [Google]
BwvZaFHIEAAlJbt.png
215 KB, 500x272
10 years ago who would hire this hipster junkie worthless piece of shit?

Now they have to because of "MUH LGBT COMMUNITY"
>>
File: arx.jpg (180 KB, 625x868) Image search: [Google]
arx.jpg
180 KB, 625x868
I want those time back.
>>
Here's a piece of advice:

Ignore SJW games, focus on games you like, do not buy indie hipster trash and enjoy video games again.

You guys love to argue about these kind of shit, and even if, yeah i admit, there's a serious case of cancerous SJW bullshit going on in the industry, don't tell me there isn't any enjoyable games coming out.
If you take some time and search you'll find good games and you'll enjoy vidya again, it's not as much a matter of agendas as it is a matter of you letting stupid shit keeping you from playing video games.

Just enjoy it guys, life is too short to stress yourself with this kind of shit.

(Sorry if my grammar is bad, im not a native english speaker)
>>
>>331952151
>muh diversity
>muh wimmins
>muh lgbt
>muh transfolk

What comes next?

The grave?
>>
>>331952273
Hopefully everyone one of these libtards get killed by Trump and we can be free to express ourselves again.
>>
kys
>>
File: indie gamer.png (105 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
indie gamer.png
105 KB, 500x341
>>331952273
Where the semitic stairs?
>>
>>331952263
True, there are enjoyable games coming out, but t hey're slowly being replaced by muh lgbtdiversitywimminspoc SJW trash.

I feel like if we keep ignoring the problem and focusing on what we enjoy we'll be overrun before we know it.
>>
File: DgqtWS3_1.jpg (8 KB, 210x195) Image search: [Google]
DgqtWS3_1.jpg
8 KB, 210x195
Was it all a mistake?
>>
We have to expel this parasitic people from the game industry

They must know they are not welcome by bringing their marxist agenda to the game community
>>
>>331952060
>waaaaaaaaaa it's the evil feminist leftist nigger jew transexual SJWs!!!!!!!!
Fuck off to /pol/ nigger
>>
>>331952539
He's fucking right though
>>
>>331952383

Don't worry, it may look like SJW logic is flooding everything, but actually, people are getting tired of it, and not only in the video games sphere.
Im seeing more and more people getting out of the SJW phase and more and more normies getting tired of this bullshit.
People start to notice SJW shenanigans and are beginning to considers them like the retards they are.
I have a feeling this whole social justice hypocrisy will collapse soon
>>
File: jew-im-your-friend-trust-me.png (69 KB, 1078x1182) Image search: [Google]
jew-im-your-friend-trust-me.png
69 KB, 1078x1182
>>331952539
"It's not the SJW and their marxist/femminist agenda, Trust me"
>>
I don't have a problem with diversity. I mean, if you're going to create and interesting game world, there should be different types of character.

I do however have a problem with bullying tactics used by a certain element of the video game world. If a game developer doesn't want diversity in their game, then that's up to them. It's literally no one else's business. There game will probably suffer for it, but it's not in your remit to bully them into feeling bad about the game they want to make.

I fucking hate it when these people are called liberals. They are not liberals in the slightest.
>>
>>331952312
who do you think Trump will cater to, bunch of broke ass gamers that make up less than a % of US population, or conversative soccermoms n shit that want to ban bad language, violence n hip hop music n shit, n violent games aswell, go fuck ur self u dellusioned faggot
>>
No, you're paranoid and probably just trying to start shir.

Don't get me wrong, there are some games that are a bit too preachy but it's the least of the industries problems.

The reason the actual standards for games have sunk is the industry trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator and using unethical business practices while buying off the gaming press.

The pink haired crybabies who are working on some flesh in the pan indie games are fairly irrelevant in the larger scheme of things.
>>
>>331952653
>I don't have a problem with diversity. I mean, if you're going to create and interesting game world, there should be different types of character.

Diversity means: give LGBT and gay rights to everybody and shut up your mouth your white male

Why are Jews in the USA overwhelmingly liberal?
>>
>>331952681

This

I don't understand gamers voting for Trump, don't you guys realize that in his eyes you are as parasitic to america than migrants ?
>>
>>331952782

Hillary will give free tax for LGBT friendly companies

I DON'T SEE WHY NOT VOTE FOR TRUMP
>>
File: Made it past the start menu.jpg (353 KB, 810x540) Image search: [Google]
Made it past the start menu.jpg
353 KB, 810x540
>>331951009
Protip: the image doesn't show the males, but they expanded from a hundred workers to thousands.

>>331952151
>Her tattoos
Every single time. Makes you wonder if the whole GG campaign against her was just created by some snooty Nintendo exec.
>>
>>331951989
>Now we've got the indie game market pushing their socio-political agenda
such as?
I'm playing Android Assault Cactus, Grimrock, Stardew Valley, Time SHock Pinball, Xenonauts, and Underrail right now.
>>
Play some games, ignore mainstream media/games and stop bitching on /v/

Sjws make up a small minority but they just make themselves stand out by being really loud and annoying

I am currently enjoying vita/3ds, looking foward to persona 5, kirby robobot and considering getting a ps4 in the future for ratchet and clank and FF
>>
>>331952883

I bet the negro Reggie hired her so she could rape small kids without getting fired.
>>
File: bonebulge.jpg (85 KB, 788x598) Image search: [Google]
bonebulge.jpg
85 KB, 788x598
>>331952060
>The game industry now is LGBT friendly and that's what is killing games.
>>
every day we move further from God's light
>>
I'm sure AAA developers are rubbing their hands with glee as everyone loses their shit over those darn SJWs while they release half finished games for $60.

SJWs are the best thing that ever happened for corrupt video game companies.
>>
>>331952892
Thank you for giving money to SJW and communist hipsters
>>
AAA company: Let's do a kickass game that makes fun of women

Marketing department: Let's not, it will get poor sales and probably lawsuit because it's not LGBT friendly

OY VEY
OY VEY

>OY VEY
>OY VEY
>OY VEY
>OY VEY
>OY VEY
>OY VEY
>>
>MUH SJWs
>MUH PATRIARCHY
Fuck both sides of this shit is annoying as fuck. Play some VIDEO GAMES
>>
File: 1452611197186.jpg (116 KB, 600x407) Image search: [Google]
1452611197186.jpg
116 KB, 600x407
2007 : AC devs

2015: Woman's day pic

/v/ being their habitual mafia hat faggots
>>
>>331953241
Why should there even be a "Woman's day"?

What, you're a special snowflake because you're a stronk and independent wymyn working in a misogynist industry?

Get bent.
>>
>>331953042
What has communism anything to do with SJWs? I swear, the soviet boogeyman seems like it's still going strong as fuck in american minds after all these years, you have to link it to anything you dislike, from feminists to muslims.
>>
>>331953024
some people just don't give a shit and buy every new game and play casually
Hype also plays a big part, fallout 4, destiny for example

EA do seem to use LBGT support as a scapegoat though.
>>
>>331953342

Wow one day of the year where we are asked to celebrate women is so hard.
>>
>>331953485
>we are asked to celebrate women
I celebrate women every day with masturbation.
>>
>>331951009
Video games were never fun.
>>
>>331951848
I don't remember ever thinking that.

Lowering the bar of entry will allow a lot of fresh talent to come in and make something good. It also opens the floodgates to an ocean of shit. One doesn't have to look very far through Steam Greenlight to see this.

That Digital Homicide suit against Jim Sterling though. I can't wait to see what comes of that. Hopefully Sterling crushes them and scares off some of the bad indies that will just shit up the place more
>>
File: 14589040572512.jpg (103 KB, 286x389) Image search: [Google]
14589040572512.jpg
103 KB, 286x389
>>331951009
>>
>>331953556
this t b h
>>331953485
also what the fuck? that's sexist as shit? I don't want a fucking men's day because I don't need validation for being borne with a cock and balls between my legs, why the fuck should women get praise for having a cunt?

this shit's what's wrong with society, narcissism throughout
>>
maybe I'm just 'ignant but I just don't see this apparently massive influx of agenda-driven games you're talking about
I mean sure, you have a few more titles with some sort of 'progressive' message being released, but the vast majority of games out recently have no real "agenda" to them at all
>>
>>331953778
2015 also had a lot of releases that were outright a slap in the face of social justice
>>
>>331953778
well, you're half right, it's not the sjw boogieman that /v/ rant about but the agenda is to dumb everything down to broaden commercialization.

And yes, that does mean they're dumbing down the medium for women. And no that's not sexist because facts aren't sexist.

The only pay off will be if the generation of girls that play games actually do it because they enjoy them and become patrician enough that the bar raises again, I had a girlfriend that had played games for as long as I had and she was /v/ incarnate, just with pussy and a killer set of tits
>>
File: 1373514610831.png (189 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
1373514610831.png
189 KB, 500x498
>>331951625
Then don't play anything nigger. Go outside and socialize.
>>
>>331951009
The picture was taken on a "woman's day"
Do some research anal bananal
>>
>>331954007
They'll tank imho. Not enough women will be interested in playing video games on PCs and consoles like the nerdy boys xDDDD do. But there's a market for them in facebook and mobile games
>>
>>331953485
I celebrate people who have done things, not mindlessly celebrating things like gender or race.
>>
>>331951009
There's enough /vr/ stuff to keep me occupied forever, I'm content with that
>>
>>331953485
>Stronk independent womyn don't need no man
>Validate me because I'm a woman

Pick one
>>
>>331951009
>implying jade's game wasn't the best thing ever
>>
>>331951009
Here's the thing

Do not but SJW games. Sales speak louder than words.
>>
>>331952616
This. It's not just about the net, but I see that in the people around. I have one or two friends that were full sjw a year or two and right now they don't even talk about that, they are ashamed of the whole situation.

We think it is getting bigger because it is a political movement, and as anything around politics, we see the effect years after it has happened, and in one or two years we will just see some remnants.

We may think it hasn't gone away because there will ALWAYS be a vocal minority that won't shut up, but that happens in any side.
>>
t b h you guys cant name even 5 "SJW" games that arent already seen as a joke

This war is illusory
>>
>>331951905
You realize that you were just a normie pleb in 2004, those games are all terrible.
>>
>>331954780
Inquisition is the most succesful and even that kinda tanked
>>
>>331954576
>>331953746

The point is, whether you agree it's the case or not, that important historical women are often ignored by mainstream history.

It's not about celebrating people for their genitalia.

The point of Women's Day is to highlight this fact and bring more attention to the contributions women have made to society, science, arts and culture.

Whether you agree with it or not, it's literally one day of the year. Get over it.
>>
>>331951009
Going pretty far back, there were a couple of schools of video game makers. There were people jumping on the bandwagon, trying to push one out and hoping it would be a success. There were people who liked video games and learned how to make them and made games they wanted to play. There was also the guys who were forced into making them but didn't have any interest.

I prefer the ones by people who want to play their games, like Fallout New Vegas. They knew how to say "no", that they knew better than their players and women who thought the game would be better if they did ________.
>>
>leftist act like absolute shitbirds
>double down in defending undefendable Muslims every time they blow the shit out of somebody's loved ones
>try to police everyone's words and thoughts
>cannot possibly fathom how Trump is pounding them
It never ceases to amuse me
>>
>>331953430

Yes but instead of people getting angry at companies for abusing hype and casuals, they decide to get mad at twitter enthusiasts no one outside the internet has herd of.
>>
>>331954732
This. Jade's game made me cum buc-- er, have a lot of fun.
>>
>>331954907
>Whether you agree with it or not, it's literally one day of the year. Get over it.
Not in my country.
>>
>>331951009
Remember when you didn't have to fill your corridors with HR and marketing to pretend you have diversity?
>>
>>331955009

Good for you. Go trade your daughter for some goats if that makes you feel better.
>>
>>331954907
>The point is, whether you agree it's the case or not, that important historical women are often ignored by mainstream history
no they're not, there's just not nearly as many female historical figures as men, granted that's because in the past women were genuinely pressed and it was a real struggle to achieve, but now they have an opportunity to become great women themselves

>Whether you agree with it or not, it's literally one day of the year. Get over it.
I honestly couldn't give less of a fuck but if some woman or white knight like you tries forcing this shit down my throat telling me hat women deserve this shit you bet your ass I'll call you out on being retarded

fucking millennials
>>
File: 1435912070519.jpg (17 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
1435912070519.jpg
17 KB, 680x583
>Tfw you are not a real gamer unless you have rainbowhair and ebin dank meme shirt and huge glassess

Fucking normies
>>
I guarantee not a single woman in that bottom pic is involved in coding, music, art or anything related to making videogames. They're all in HR, social media or community management.
>>
File: Goober Grape.jpg (97 KB, 265x383) Image search: [Google]
Goober Grape.jpg
97 KB, 265x383
>>331951009
Fuck off back to your containment board goober
>>
File: 3futh4gq.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
3futh4gq.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>331955191
this
>>
What do you guys even mean by "SJW game"?

I would agree that for example Gone Home is an SJW game since LGBT issues are the central theme in the game, but just because a game has some cliche strong woman character or a gay couple or whatever doesn't mean it's trying to shove some agenda down your throat.

Some people here are ridiculously paranoid, seeing SJWs everywhere just like SJWs see oppression and patriarchy everywhere.
>>
>>331954907
If their contributions can't speak for themselves then they're obviously not very noteworthy. This is like telling a 2 year old they did a good job just for the sake of telling them they did a good job. It's retarded.
>>
>>331955263
inquisition had an agenda in it

other than that I cant think of anything
>>
>>331951418
I don't think you need to be a GG to agree with op, the industry seems to be pandering to the social justice warriors, I remember in the 90s when companies went out of their way to piss of the "squares" actually it was a marketing practice.
>>
>>331955281
We now literally give kids participation trophy's when they lose in competitions or sports.
>>
File: goofy goober.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
goofy goober.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>331951009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InS3Jjtpks4
>>
>>331952356
holy shit the density of epic memes in this image could power 9gag for decades
>>
>>331955358
Bioware is not "the industry"

If anything the industry caters to retarded 15 year old boys more than any SJW, thats a fact thats backed by over 40 years of evidence.
>>
>>331955263
Bioware literally markets their games by highlighting how progressive and inclusive they are.
>>331955419
Sure but at the end of the day they're still kids. This is adults recieving the very same "participation trophy" which is frankly just embarassing.
>>
>>331955419
Who's we?
>>
>conservative faggots
SJW! SJWWWW!!! FEMINIST KIKE JEW SHILLL!!

>sjw faggots
HITLER!! LITERALLLLYY HITLER!!! FACIST RACIST!!!

fuck both of you faggots
>>
>>331955473
Its true

>witcher 3
>gta 5 re-release
>mgsv
>fallout 4

All in the same year, all largely targeting men
>>
>>331955506
The west.
>>
>>331954998
maybe if we're talking about censorship.

Even the normies gave a fuck you to EA for the simcity fuckup
Square enix got a huge backlash when they tried "augmenting" our pre-orders.
And ubisoft have been shitting out some great pc ports, complaints all over steam but obviously not enough for them to care.

There's always someone complaining about sjws and overblowing the situation though and I don't think there's any use in complaining about companies.
A huge majority of casuals will keep buying their games
>>
>>331955325
Never played it but what was the agenda in that? Was it a main story thing or was it that companion sidequest about "Og feel like woman, but Og's race are cisgendered scum"?
>>
>>331955090

>fucking millenials

>Millennials (also known as the Millennial Generation[1] or Generation Y) are the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates for when the generation starts and ends; most researchers and commentators use birth years ranging from the early 1980s to around 2000.

So I take it you're 40 years old?
>>
>>331955625
I didn't play it either just going by what /v/ told me ;3

Apparently they went full retard with the gay characters trying to pander to homos but they didn't write them well and it backfired
>>
>>331955523
because that's who buys them,and its kinda of insulting making "girl" friendly games for females who grew up on what boys grew up on,
>>
>>331955191

Yeah because a all those things are not at all important for a company to be successful?
>>
Dont be dumb my friend, every game or piece of content has political implications, intentional or not.The diference now is that there is more people aware of it.

Dont be a baby who refuse to enjoy things trough critical thinking.
>>
>>331955764
all the heavy lifting you mean
>>
>>331955764
those are all made up positions just to make women have something to do since feminism opened up the floodgates, women of course still dont go into jobs with demanding physical labor, so this is the best they can come up with
>>
>>331951009
Uh, so that's why vidya lost its soul. Women.
Makes sense.
>>
>>331951009
Fuck off. We've been saying the industry has been stagnating for years. First it was WW2 shooters, then it was Halo clones, then CoD clones and now games with a political message.
>>
>>331955637
Actually, anon, Gen X mostly encompasses people born in the 80s, with Millenials (having grown up on the cusp of the new millenia) born in the 90s.
>>
>>331951009

Eh, alot of these LGBT games that pander are selling g poorly and developers are getting their asses kicked back in line.

It's a fad, without the market to support it these new social justice devs will migrate after afew failures, which is the ultimate irony.
>>
>>331955818

This pretty much. Whether you like it or not, all art is born of the social, cultural, artistic and critical environment it was created in.

You could write a critical essay bringing in politics etc. on Doom or Pong. There was no golden era where games were innocent and free of politics.
>>
File: come to brazil.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
come to brazil.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>331951009
As markets become oversaturated

You need a purpose to buy something that is just good and not great

Making it stand for something gives it purpose in a community

Its just capitalism mixed with idiots that think they can change the world
>>
>>331955907
The first two are just video games, the last isn't related to video games at all. Notice how that's the problem?
>>
>>331955924
Pretty much this, SJWs dont buy games
>>
File: 45146_Img_4144_123_16lo.jpg (136 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
45146_Img_4144_123_16lo.jpg
136 KB, 667x1000
>>
>>331951787
There is still great games being released, although not as reliably and mostly indie games.

Factorio recently got released on steam and it has become the best reviewed game of steam.
They don't try to appeal to everyone.
>>
>>331955856

What are you talking about? Having a press or media team has always been part of business, it's just that nowadays social media exists.
>>
File: 1277289579861.jpg (31 KB, 298x425) Image search: [Google]
1277289579861.jpg
31 KB, 298x425
>>
We need more Eastern European/Russian devs like CDPR. Best of both worlds: less greedy, mostly Western styled, and completely uncucked by "muh diversity" or "muh sexism". It even seems Japanese devs are starting to think there's a problem with the way they do things because of the vocal minority blue haired tumblrinas spouting shit on social media.
>>
File: o7mzk7K.png (477 KB, 502x738) Image search: [Google]
o7mzk7K.png
477 KB, 502x738
>>
>>331955963

Are you seriously suggesting that their is no political message in WW2 shooters or military shooters in general?
>>
>>331955951
>>331956019
>>331956113
trumpcuck propaganda?
>>
>>331956171
rockstar/bethesda dont give a single fuck about sjws

as their games continue being succesful everyone else will fall back in line
>>
>>331955434
I'M A GOOFY GOOBER
>>
>>331956171
>It even seems Japanese devs are starting to think there's a problem with the way they do things because of the vocal minority blue haired tumblrinas spouting shit on social media.
You have a point, but that doesn't mean they will change their games, they simply just wont release them in the west, like DOAX3.
>>
>>331956194
Are they advertised as a political message or statement? No, they're not. While the SJW games make it very clear and obvious they delibirately shoved their own agenda in to the game. If that's what people want to do fair enough, but don't shove it in my fucking face all the time because I really don't give a shit.
>>
File: 54fs.jpg (127 KB, 687x1000) Image search: [Google]
54fs.jpg
127 KB, 687x1000
>>
>>331951009
Check out Superbad in the middle
>>
A good trick is to distract yourself from gaming for a couple of years. I killed a couple of years traveling with minimal game time. Now I just don't jump ahead in releases and enjoy games thoroughly at minimal expense. It's even better if after not playing games for such an extended period that you start out on much older games than you're familiar with, and work your way back up the graphics food chain. Now I always have a large backlog, and as long as one decent game comes out every few years going forward I'll be set for life.
>>
File: 1401073829342.jpg (532 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1401073829342.jpg
532 KB, 768x1024
>>
>>331951009
Just play eastern games then. Don't like them? Oh, well. I'm sorry you realize your normie games are trash.

Find a different hobby.
>>
File: preview_scientist[1].jpg (74 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
preview_scientist[1].jpg
74 KB, 800x600
>>331951009
>implying this hasn't been happening since forever

One out of four Black Mesa scientists were black.
>>
File: 1415400783122.jpg (39 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1415400783122.jpg
39 KB, 400x400
>117 posts and 19 image replies omitted.
>>
>>331956376
Guess who controls localization of those games? Sjws, and no, learning an entire fucking language is not the solution to getting around shitty localizations.
>>
>>331956420

But not a inexplicably young woman who spouts pop culture references, and an older black lesbian.
>>
>>331956264

So something has to be advertised as having a political message for there to be one? Do you really need to be told that a game where you play as glorious America fighting for freedom has a political message in it?

If anything the military shooters are the ones being disingenuous because they're marketed as just 'fun' for people when they in fact spread a distinct political message and worldview.

This lack of critical thinking apparent is why video games and gamers aren't taken seriously.
>>
File: 1458866512100.jpg (2 MB, 1658x2468) Image search: [Google]
1458866512100.jpg
2 MB, 1658x2468
Guys there is still place for hope.
>>
>>331956474
FUCK YOU BITCH I CAN LEARN NIHONGO ON MY OWN I DON'T NEED YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU
>>
>>331956113
>tfw into domination
>tfw real "aggressive feminists" can't dom for shit, can't take control of a relationship by themselves and instead whine loudly until their demands are met
>tfw the only good female dom I've met was misogynistic but also crazy as fuck(in the bad way)

I wish I was gay.
>>
>>331956248

Rockstar got dragged through shit for 'Hot Coffee'. They always had to walk a fine line in the past. Today they really could go farther but don't, it's become force of habit.

Many of you don't remember or weren't alive during the Senate hearings on Mortal Kombat.

Sure, controversy and headlines helped sales to an extent, but not getting banned from stores and having to attend hearings.
>>
File: 03m.jpg (103 KB, 600x872) Image search: [Google]
03m.jpg
103 KB, 600x872
>>
>>331952782
But Video gamers are parasites.
Come on.
>>
>>331951009
Woah Anon are you some kind of fucking xenophobic misogynist???

Video games aren't about enjoying yourself any more! Why would you want to play a game with fun mechanics, good graphics and a decent story when you could be playing a retro-indie platformer that really makes you think about your approach to gay rights!
>>
>>331956562
You're an idiot, the only lack of critical thinking is when it's done like the SJW method of literally spelling it out for you what's right or wrong. So in effect you just took a dump all over your own argument.
>>
>>331955263
I think Gone Home also fails to highlight how ridiculously bad the decisions of the sister who ran away to be gay were. A high school aged kid who may be a Freshman or a Sophomore dropping out of school to pursue a young love? If this story were ANYTHING other than a gay romance, it would be a highly cautionary tale and she'd wind up either in a dead end job she hated or just outright dead. But, nope, it's the gays, so her decisions are the bestest and sunshine and rainbows 4ever yaaaay.
>>
File: 72472359.jpg (36 KB, 373x458) Image search: [Google]
72472359.jpg
36 KB, 373x458
>>
>>331956604
We need more based mother fuckers like this
>>
File: rainbow eye_face.jpg (45 KB, 474x435) Image search: [Google]
rainbow eye_face.jpg
45 KB, 474x435
>>331956604
>oh please mr. american

brutal
>>
>>331956618
That was conservative soccer moms, not SJWs

the problem was sexual content, not misogyny or whatever
>>
>>331956618
Have you played GTA5 though? Trevor literally tells a bunch of feminists to fuck off and there's jabs at europe on radio channels plus who knows how many less than pleasing jokes for the social fighters
>>
Who gives a fuck, the liberal feminist cancer will kill itself given time. I'm frankly surprised they know how to use the internet at this point.
>>
>>331956604
Funny thing is I don't know if Grand Galactic Jay literally just doesn't know his geography or if he's being thick-headed on purpose.
>>
>>331956657

I didn't ever say I agree with SJWs. But to deny the political message in games just because it doesn't fit your view that games only became political because of SJWs is stupid.
>>
>>331956779
that cant be real
>>
>>331953342
Nigga I don't think you don't understand

Women's day has been a thing for years
It's one of those holidays that aren't holidays or whatever
Like Mother's day
Labor Day
St. Patrick's Day
>>
>>331956840
No, I said I don't want it shoved in my face all the time because I don't give a shit. You're seriously weak-willed if playing a game of CoD suddenly makes you sympathetic towards the US. I'm not that detached from reality.
>>
>>331956604
The only reason this didn't go horribly bad is that the guys isn't American. If he were, the court of public opinion would have destroyed his life.

Also, I fucking love that the immediate kneejerk reaction of "I'm mad at this dude on the Internet for wrongthink" is to get him fucking fired from his job. Holy Hell, people.
>>
>>331956906
white guilt anon, they gotta pay it
>>
File: 14581415560950.jpg (563 KB, 1920x1941) Image search: [Google]
14581415560950.jpg
563 KB, 1920x1941
>>331956710
And we also should fing the way to protect current studios from lefiests influence.
>>
>>331956906
It's real, they don't want white, swedish men to help them because it would be racist if the attacker was an immigrant.
>>
>>331952782
>immigrants
>parasitic

This is hilarious. Go to any unemployment office and offer any job an immigrant is doing to those amazing non-parasitic "Americans". See how many are willing to do those jobs.
>>
>>331956604
the absolute madman
>>
women please stop making games :(((
>>
>>331956906
sweden has collectively lost its fucking mind. it's kinda what happens when you have it too good and get bored.
>>
>>331951009
The /v/ party line is that games were never fun and always super serial business
>>
>>331956998
YOU HAVE TO GO BACK
>>
>>331956745

Explicit sex scenes though? Beyond a few glances.
>>
>>331954030
>Go outside and socialize
>Look at a woman wrong or refuse her something
>Rape claims filed against you and your life is ruined even if you were acquitted
>>
>>331951009
Wait, you mean games can have messages just like books, music, and movies?

It's almost like you guys got what you always wanted. It's almost like video games are a form of art.
>>
File: CQfse--VEAAwSlr.jpg (85 KB, 600x558) Image search: [Google]
CQfse--VEAAwSlr.jpg
85 KB, 600x558
>>331956604
He's a cool guy and in the right, but that whole #based just comes off as annoying.
>>
File: 76991267.jpg (58 KB, 337x507) Image search: [Google]
76991267.jpg
58 KB, 337x507
>>
>>331956959
>>331956997
>>331957040
but I thought immigrants and swedish people were always segregated in sweden, what the fuck happened?
>>331957078
Dont think so, they did have the schlong in one of the GTA4 trilogy games but I cant remember which

Does an explicit torture scene count?

Either way rockstar is still holding their ground
>>
File: Do it right you pathetic worm.jpg (41 KB, 468x533) Image search: [Google]
Do it right you pathetic worm.jpg
41 KB, 468x533
>>
>>331953342

Look I'm against the Gen Zer fags by all means, but you are fucking stupid.

>Fathers Day
>>
>>331956745
>Trevor literally tells a bunch of feminists to fuck off
wooaahhh
>>
>>331951989
Huh, that sounds almost exactly like the film industry, doesn't it?
>>
>>331957132
that's one based motherfucker

>czech republic

AHhahahahah literally immune to the twitter war brigade too !

Based eastern europeans fighting the good fight
>>
File: 200202454-001.jpg (29 KB, 490x349) Image search: [Google]
200202454-001.jpg
29 KB, 490x349
>>
>>331957219
>Mother's Day
>>
>>331957173
it's sweden don't try to understand them
>>
>>331956940

I agree with you in that things should not be shoved in our faces and that there should be a mature approach to things like diversity. I want to like a black character because they are interesting, well designed and well written, not because they are black and I'm looking for a gold star for liking a minority.
>>
>>331957265
>Based eastern europeans fighting the good fight
Isn't Czechia Central Europe?
>>
>>331957173
>they did have the schlong in one of the GTA4 trilogy
truly amazing
>>
Serious question: why do you guys spend so much time and effort hating video games? It's a lot harder to actively look for things to dislike instead of just playing a game and enjoying it. Do you know why you enjoyed games more "back in the day"? It's not because everything was magically better 10 - 20 years ago, it's because you hadn't developed cynical tendencies and didn't know to look for things you dislike. You just played games, and you enjoyed them. The crazy thing is, it can still work that way.
>>
>>331955963
No because it's simply a trend in video games. Once it stagnates, as it always does, a game will come along that everyone will hail as the "new, fresh idea" when it comes to video games and that will be the next trend.
>>
>>331957346
I dont know I'm american
>>
>>331951009
>didn't have any ulterior motives

Pure ideology! *sniffs* tugs shirt*
>>
>>331957052
deporting 11 million people wont "open up jobs" it'll just shut down possible jobs for americans
if you're getting cucked out of your job by spics who cant speak english then its your own fault
>>
>>331951009
cry moar bitch nigga
>>
>all these doom and gloom posters
I dont even buy indie or aaa crap and im still satisfied with gaming. You guys need to stop being babies.
>>
>>331951009
>paying for denvuo crap
>paying for sjw tumblr tier western trash
fuck that i just support the smaller devs who are all male teams
Sure most of the good stuff is stuck in early access but if you look around there is some good games out there even if the final releases are still years away its so much better than buying the latest AAA crap only for it to be abandoned in 1-2 years when the sequel/reboot comes around leaving the community fractured and never having mod support or decent mp

>Average real early access game 15-30usd
>average AAA/inde shite 40-80usd+
NOPE
>>
>>331957368
No, it was because games back then were genuinely better.

t. man who played Homeworld for the first time two years ago and was absolutely blown away. Now fuck off to whatever Tumblresque hugbos you crawled out of with your psychoanalysis.
>>
>>331957346
Nominally in that they have some of the Central Europe's work ethics, but also retain some of their own more savage edge.
>>
>>331952203
Arkane is still around and making vidya gaems broheim
>>
File: DSC_0435.jpg (259 KB, 1063x1600) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0435.jpg
259 KB, 1063x1600
>>
>>331957437
I thought illegals weren't registered workers
>>
>>331956604
If he was American he would've been brought to the court for saying Poland had no niggers.
>>
>>331957509
M-more
>>
>>331957524
but they're taking all of those american jobs!
thats why they HAVE TO GO BACK!
>>
>>331957437
>deporting 11 million people wont "open up jobs" it'll just shut down possible jobs for americans

What fucked up logic is that? Yes it will because someone else will have to take them up. Problem is Americans don't want those jobs because mowing lawns is beneath them or something.
>>
Just don't play triple A games or shitty indie games
Just play niche games
>>
>>331957561
No they have to go back because having such a large illegal element can be an issue

They can always apply for a work visa and return under lawful terms
>>
>>331957546
>saying Poland had no niggers.
But there were no niggers in medieval Poland and the whole Eastern Europe.
>>
>>331957601
>Problem is Americans don't want those jobs because mowing lawns is beneath them or something.

Yes.

Mexicans would be filling all these spots either way, they'd just be registered and taxed

Both /pol/ and leftists are too stupid to understand trump, I dunno why
>>
>>331957368
Because most modern AAA vidya is CRAP

Just like most mainstream media
>TV
>Youtube
>Movies
>News
ect.

Mainstream crap wasnt as bad 10-50 years about but lately they are just pumping out the most abbhorent shite we have ever seen in the history of media since the goddamn invention of the broadcast radio

Its literally forced bluepill devoid of talent especially videogames since most of the work is already done and prepackaged these days
>Unreal Engine 4
>???
>>
>>331957604
>Just play niche games

We used to call those normal, medium budget games. Shame industry has done its damn best to stomp out the these middle-sized studios over the last generation or so, and split the industry into AAA and indie. It's kinda getting better now.
>>
>>331957623
>>331957601
many many business have A LOT of immigrants working, they wont be able to fill positions fast enough, murricans dont want the jobs and dumb illegals who cant speak english take it, americans are too lazy for them and blame everyone else as usual
>>
File: Sparrow.jpg (9 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Sparrow.jpg
9 KB, 300x225
>>331952151
>>
>>331957546
>brought to the court
>for stating the truth

Nah I doubt it, at most he'd get fired if he wasn't already his own boss or forced into a public apology because he is.

Either way its a sad situation when historical accuracy has to be supressed in the name of I dont even know what, just some retarded fucking idea
>>
File: img97.jpg (271 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
img97.jpg
271 KB, 1200x1800
>>
>>331957280

Right, you don't have a fucking point. There's a day for both. It isn't a gender celebration day dipshit, its a day to honor your parents.
>>
>>331956998
Well if I was living 9 to a house of unrelated people like my neighbors do and I had a cost of living of 200 a month with no intention of staying here long term, I could work for 8 an hour operating a leafblower.

The immigration issue is about wages not people, the jobs would be done by Americans if they supported an American lifestyle. Corporate world is addicted to cheap labor. You want to fix the problem start jailing executives under RICO statues for conspiracy to bypass labor laws regarding illegal immigrants. Wages would rise, immigrants would self deport, prices would go up slightly but Americans would have more money to spend as well.

Tl;dr You would still get your big Mac for 25 cents more but an American would be making it.
>>
>>331957664
facts are a racist social construct put in place by the patriarchy to hold minorities and women back, check your privilege

we wuz kangs n sheit while whites were kkkavemen
>>
>mostly play jap games these days with some old western PC games occassionally
>never deal with this shit
>>
>>331951009
OP video games arent the only culprit its happening to many other mediums and people with half a brain are hating it
>>
>>331957845
thanks for the mcdonalds math i needed that to understand
>>
>>331957872
I mostly play western shit and dont have to deal with this issue

Even got to shoot anita in fc4, a ubisoft title
>>
Whatever happened to Jade?
I missed that one event where she was supposedly drunk hosting.
>>
>>331957857
Real talk, why minorities and women are a) separated b)considered equal?
>>
>>331957951
i can't even

don't talk to me or my wife's son ever again
>>
>>331957857
It's about class not race dipshit. Racism is kept relevant to distract the masses from joining together and demanding more for the poor and middle class. Keep them scared of each other while the bankers and rich bleed them all dry.
>>
>>331951009
>Remember when video games were just about fun? When games were inspiring, fantastical, innovative, and didn't have any ulterior motives.
No because that never ever ever has ever happened you fucking crazy cunt.
>>
File: 003.jpg (66 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
66 KB, 400x600
>>
File: dominatrix-ella-kros-07.jpg (103 KB, 654x900) Image search: [Google]
dominatrix-ella-kros-07.jpg
103 KB, 654x900
>>
File: 1458199249115.png (214 KB, 1152x1728) Image search: [Google]
1458199249115.png
214 KB, 1152x1728
>>331958078
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
>>
>>331958106
You get 'me, Anon!
Video games were never fun!
>>
So what's wrong with being an SJW anyway?
>>
>>331957506
Dishonored was pretty mediocre though.
Suffered from the modern game treatment of every AAA release, it was a massive step down from their two previous games.
>>
File: 1319758053968.jpg (72 KB, 591x720) Image search: [Google]
1319758053968.jpg
72 KB, 591x720
>>
>Top
Men and woman
White, Black, Asian

>Bottom
female, white

Truly a diverse world we live in.
>>
>>331958245
Dishonored was really good if you ghosted through or went full combat
>>
>>331958237
Nothing. Just keep in mind that SJW does not imply racism and sexism against white men.
>>
>>331958245
Wonder how many AAA studios suffer from poor management since smaller teams in the past made great games with way smaller budgets.
>>
>>331958196
whos this meme funny to
>>
>>331958380
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS
>>
American influence ruins everything
Why is this surprising?
>>
File: 29364323_ced6c42a36_o.jpg (701 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
29364323_ced6c42a36_o.jpg
701 KB, 1536x2048
>>
>>331958237
>>331958406
>nothing
teehee.
>>
File: 200457061-0032.jpg (59 KB, 334x510) Image search: [Google]
200457061-0032.jpg
59 KB, 334x510
>>
>>331958406
It's not implied.
It's expressly stated.
:)
>>
>>331951009
Nah, there's so much to pick from these days even if huge part of it is total junk.

I'm more bitter about shitty sequels that have barely anything to do with the earlier game(s) and lazy "HD remakes" that instead of being a proper remake is just upscaled thing with barely any changes.
>>
File: 1458220495873.png (46 KB, 960x620) Image search: [Google]
1458220495873.png
46 KB, 960x620
>>331958421
/pol/
>>
>>331958331
>we need to be more diverse
>hire more women
>only ones who represent muh lgbt are white females
>now the different races and male gender are minority making it even less diverse
>>
>>331957346
It used to be, but the modern interpretion pretty much is Easter Europe = Everything that was part of the second world
>>
File: 2718776864_0e1f92fb0c_o.jpg (123 KB, 500x393) Image search: [Google]
2718776864_0e1f92fb0c_o.jpg
123 KB, 500x393
>>
>>331951210

hot tip: there's only western games now. Japan has totally dropped the ball and done mobile (see Konami in particular). Chink/Sork games are mobile shit as well.

At the end of it, the only games left untainted are passion projects on steam
>>
File: businessman-holding-woman.jpg (418 KB, 1933x1290) Image search: [Google]
businessman-holding-woman.jpg
418 KB, 1933x1290
>>
>>331958421
Everyone who isn't a cuck and finds SJWs to be hilarious clowns.
>>
>>331958196
Black people gotta be kept on democrat plantation and republicans gotta be kept mad at brown people. All the while both sides are in the pocket of big finance and keep things favorable for the bankers and shareholders. American dream died a long time ago bud. One day you'll grow up and realize it too.
>>
>>331958717
i dont find hillbilly redneck conservatives or city kid sjw retards to be funny
>>
>>331958138
No I don't play games for autistic children and manchildren who shit in their bed.
>>
>>331951009
>Remember when video games were just about fun? When games were inspiring, fantastical, innovative, and didn't have any ulterior motives.

No.
>>
Look on the bright side.
Now you have time to finish that backlog you've been working on.
>>
>>331951210
/thread
>>
File: IMG_3613.jpg (64 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3613.jpg
64 KB, 400x600
>>
>>331958784
Oh, so this IS the shitpost thread.
>>
>>331958773
Why not? I hope you don't take them seriously.
>>
File: 1316885190747.jpg (101 KB, 728x836) Image search: [Google]
1316885190747.jpg
101 KB, 728x836
>>
>>331958864
>generic survival with crafting game
>>
>>331958695
>proximity mines in my vagina?
>it's more likely than you think!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 109

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.