[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer Fantasy RPG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
Is there a game set in Warhammer Fantasy, The Old World? Like and RPG or something? I know there was MMO, but it was a reskinned WoW, so nothing good came out of it.

FUCK AoS
>>
shadow of the horned rat was pretty good

and Warhammer Online was better than WoW with shit management behind it

Go look for a free server, it's bretty gud

Other than that you have Vermintide which is good, Mordheim isnt bad and Warhammer Quest which also isnt bad.

Or just you know, playing the WHFB tabletop rpg
>>
>>331895890
>shadow of the horned rat was pretty good
>and Warhammer Online was better than WoW with shit management behind it
>Go look for a free server, it's bretty gud
>Other than that you have Vermintide which is good, Mordheim isnt bad and Warhammer Quest which also isnt bad.
>Or just you know, playing the WHFB tabletop rpg
But is there an RPG game set in the Warhammer Universe?
I played Vermintide and like it(when it works).
As for Age of Reckoning being better than WoW, jury is out on this one. It was let down by everything, starting from shitty design decisions and ending it with being EA'd in the end. Plus, focus on PVP was kind of what made me walk away from it.

And I was looking more towards the Fantasy Roleplay, instead of Fantasy Battles.
>>
>>331896252

> focus on PVP

being upset about this is pretty dumb. its a setting about constant war

and other than the god awful Mark of Chaos, you aint got no dice
>>
File: Halfling-Chef.png (99 KB, 251x300) Image search: [Google]
Halfling-Chef.png
99 KB, 251x300
>>331896546
>being upset about this is pretty dumb. its a setting about constant war
I wasn't being upset about anything. I walked away from it because I wanted to experience the awesome Old World. And what I've got in the AoR was nothing even remotely close to it.
Starting from Careers and ending with how little PVE content there was in the game.

Is there a chance that there will be MMO/RPG made sometime in our lifetimes by a studio that gives a shit about the actual setting, and not just rehashes old stuff?
>>
>>331896252
Nope.
Sadly.
>>
>>331896858

i highly doubt it

GW is pretty hardassed about things, it would take an indie company doing something at best
>>
>>331896546
>its a setting about constant war
Aren't most of MMOs use that same tactics?
GOOD vs. EVIL
Black vs. White
Triangles vs. Squares
Fire vs. Water
Old is fucking old.
>>
>>331896546
> its a setting about constant war
It is not.
Fantasy has more peace time than war.
It is a setting where there is much armed conflict, but most of it is small and pedestrian, like orks and beastmen, elector counts teasing each other or woodelves being racist pricks.
>>
>>331897185
Isn't the license for Fantasy Roleplay in the hands of FFG now? Or did I miss something?
>>
>>331897185
Well, depending on the success or failure of Total Warhammer that might change.
>>
>>331897320
sure, but there is a difference between electronic and paper media licenses.
>>
File: Beastman.jpg (278 KB, 840x998) Image search: [Google]
Beastman.jpg
278 KB, 840x998
>>331897224
This is exactly why I think it would make super-awesome RPG set in the Old World.
Like, traveling from one city to another is an adventure on itself!
And I love basic careers in the WHFRP
>>
>>331897518
You said it.
>>
File: slayer01.jpg (48 KB, 736x414) Image search: [Google]
slayer01.jpg
48 KB, 736x414
>>331897637
>You said it.
Too bad nobody is up for the task.
It will just be another IP that isn't realized.
>>
File: inq.jpg (155 KB, 853x670) Image search: [Google]
inq.jpg
155 KB, 853x670
>>331895724
>there will never be a Warhammer Fantasy action RPG where you play as a witch hunter going around solving mysteries, hanging burgomeisters, and having balls to the wall boss battles with chaos warriors
>>
File: Edge_of_Night_02.jpg (240 KB, 1018x768) Image search: [Google]
Edge_of_Night_02.jpg
240 KB, 1018x768
>>331897953
There might be. If you make it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.