[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of Level 5 studios?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Level-5_logo.png (6 KB, 700x325) Image search: [Google]
Level-5_logo.png
6 KB, 700x325
What does /v/ think of Level 5 studios?
>>
Very good studio imo, but recently they have been too focused on mobile shit and are milking everything they can from youkai watch, their golden time is over I'd say unless they start to make original games again or a dark cloud sequel. The games they make are still good though, ni no kuni was great.
>>
i liked Ni No Kuni, might buy a PS4 if the second one turns out well. my brothers copy of rogue galaxy is sitting somewhere in the basement, with the PS2, i should give that game a try.
>>
File: 1450604706403.png (98 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1450604706403.png
98 KB, 600x500
>>331885129
Rogue Galaxy is my favourite game, and I will never, ever get a sequel.

Feels bad, man.

Also, never again another Dark Cloud.
>>
File: 1456956910200.gif (183 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1456956910200.gif
183 KB, 480x270
>>331885129
The only reason I ever got into Professor Layton was because I loved the Dark Clouds, looked up the company, and saw that they made that game too.

I just want more Dark Clouds really though, and that will never ever happen.
>>
>>331885129

they make some of the most beatiful and highest budget game ever

but they fuck up a lot in the game department, they milk their own IP dry as soon as they become popular and they always seems to use their power in order to make very "marketable" game (see yokai watch which is literaly pokemon with ghost)
>>
Complete garbage. Only good games they've made are DQVIII and Laytons, and it would be harder to fuck up Dragon Quest than it would be to make a good one.
>>
>>331886434
>dark cloud 1 and 2, rogue galaxy, and ni no kuni aren't good games
ok
>>
>>331885129
Really beautiful looking games, great at grabbing your attention. Almost all of them are mediocre.
>>
I loved their DQ games, and the Inazuma Eleven and LBX series are some of my favorite game series. The first Layton trilogy was great but I couldn't get into Last Specter and thus haven't played the ones after. Jeanne D'Arc and the first Yo-kai Watch were okay.

I couldn't get into Ni No Kuni or Fantasy Life at all though, and I still haven't played any of their PS2 offerings other than DQ8.
>>
>>331885465
>Rogue Galaxy is my favourite game, and I will never, ever get a sequel.
Thank god for that.

How the hell did you manage to stand for the tedious backtracking and awful encounters that begin half-way through?

>>331887184
Rogue Galaxy is at best really mediocre.
NnK had nothing but Ghibli going for it.
Dark Cloud 1 is dated.
>>
File: 1374404780928.jpg (28 KB, 240x300) Image search: [Google]
1374404780928.jpg
28 KB, 240x300
>>331888345
You mean the three dungeons? They aren't even tedious, when they're all in previously inaccessible areas. Maybe the Gladius Towers were a bit overwhelming, I will give you that much.
>>
Layton is nice. The only other fun or interesting thing they've done is the factory minigame in Rogue Galaxy, and that's sandwiched between hours of mashing X in barebones ARPG combat through samey corridor dungeons
>>
>>331888882
I know Gladius Towers is ridiculous but it's my favorite dungeon in the game. I just love the whole interconnection thing they do
>>
Hit&Miss studio, but they keep trying different shit so I can't really fault them for it.
>>
Used to be good but they've lately gone downhill.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.