[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way to make this game fun? iam in chapter 12 so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
Is there any way to make this game fun? iam in chapter 12 so far and its still boring me out and all the bosses are still easy as shit
you told me this game was good god damn! also fuck me for not knowing that there was a vita version i would have never spend 60 dollars on a ps vita game on my ps4 fuck me
>>
Play on hard you casual
>>
>>331873161
>play on hard
>still piss easy
>>
>>331873240
Play with only one digimon in you party you casual
>>
>>331872631
improve your taste
>>
>Playing on hard

Okay, what's your team?

Assuming you save scrummed tacticals and ground to level 99 megas, the game should start catching up with you soon, unless you picked a handful of the best digimon.
>>
>>331873553
dont know man? how is changing up my team going to make the game harder? they are all around 40-50 gonna digievolve them soon too
i think one of them was megaseadramon its really hard for me to remember all the names so sorry for that little info
at which point does it pick up with me tough? like how many chapters are in this?
>>
>>331873987

>Changing my team up regularly
>In Chapter 15
>On hard
>Finding it easy

I'm calling bullshit. I think you're playing on normal.

Normal basically plays like easy, whereas hard basically requires you to handpick a few of the best digimon to be competitive, eventually requiring hard counters to make fights doable.
>>
>>331874210
i dont play on hard did i ever say that? even so does hard actually change the game ? most hard modes in jrpg games i know of just give the enemy more hp which in term makes this game more long and boring rather than fun and challenging

also i dont even know what the best digimon are and i dont plan on playing competetive
either
>>
>>331874391
Hard massively buffs the enemy stats and strategy, as far as I know. I beat the game on hard, as Digimon General said easy mode was baby mode.
It was still somewhat interesting, though some of the difficulty is still bullshit. Mostly it impedes your ability to freely choose digimon, as you benefit too much from digimon that have piercing attacks (e.g. Wargreymon, Lilithmon) that ignore defense, or percentage-based attacks (Mastemon) for the same reason.

I assumed you were claiming to play hard because of >>331873240
>>
>>331874558
so i should just switch to hard mode? i think that at chapter 12 its already too late
guess ill be doing that around new game +
prolly not tough
>>
>>331875023
If you want to, but it is a massive leap in difficulty.

That having been said, if you don't do it the game will never be hard.

The Jap version didn't even have hard mode, from what I understand. Most Japs are casuals these days.
>>
>>331875090
Or maybe hard mode was added because japs complained how easy it was
>>
>>331875281
that would make more sense i think
happened in kingdom hearts 2 just the other way around for example
>>
>>331874558
also is there any way to skip cutscenes? is it possible in new game +?
>>
>>331876546
Not that I know of.
>>
>>331876575
damn...well no new game+ for me...still thank you mate you have been really helpful
>>
>>331876707
No prob, hope you enjoy the rest of the game.
>>
>wah the game is too easy
>what do you mean I should play on hard that would make it hard fuck of with that shit
>>
>>331876806
well the story is deffinitly building up
maybe it surprises me :3
>>
File: get out.gif (63 KB, 450x648) Image search: [Google]
get out.gif
63 KB, 450x648
>>331877232
>:3
>>
>>331877212
well iam on chapter 12 now it would be kinda stupid to just ramp up the difficulty with my filthy normal mode digimon
i didnt know much about the game or difficulty before going in and i never play jrpg games on hard usually
>>
>>331877413
sorry for triggering you pal next time ill put a trigger warning on
>>
>>331874558
Hard mode doesn't really add anything to the game. Some of the fights where interesting, like the second Jimiken fight, but once you start fighting knights shit just stops being fun, considering the only viable strategy is Accel Boost+Pierce+the ONE fucking Digimon that learns a buff canceler.

The plot takes too long to go anywhere because everyone wants to be fucking Persona fucking 3/4 on the surface, without what made Persona 3/4 slice of life moments fucking tolerable, interesting, and relavent.

Because when you know a group of monsters hiding behind a corporation is out to destroy the fucking planet, it's time to go on a taste testing tour through a shopping mall!

When there are literally fucking soldiers, monsters, and a GIANT FUCKING DRAGON WITH A CANNON ARM poised to destroy the city, it's a great fucking time to help the occult club stock characters find ghosts in the shopping mall. Seriously this game is filler central, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who doesn't like digimon, unless it was on sale dirt cheap. Fuck, this is barely a digimon game until the last few chapters.
>>
>>331878074
well...you just spoke out exactly what i tought about this game
kyoko is a pretty fun character tough
>>
>>331878074
What price do you think this game is worth?
I wasnt going to pay 40 for a digital copy and i sure as hell wasnt going to pay too high considering digimon story gameplay ends up being shit most of the time.
>>
>>331878338
id say its good around 10-20 dollars
get the vita version tough because you can play that outside and the graphical difference might aswell be zero
>>
>>331872631
The only way to make this dogshit game fun is by returning it and using the money on a better game or cheap hooker.

And stop falling for sonygger shilling. You should know by now that they'll praise every turd aslong as its on the sony platform.
>>
Do buffs stack in this game, ala SMT
>>
>>331878675
it was a digital buy but thank god it was a gift
but yeah next time ill look more into a game before buying it
>>
>>331878793
yes
>>
>>331878470
Alright thanks, ill wait for a nonshit sale than.
>>
>>331879894
tough keep in mind what this guy said >>331878074
this shit is like 100% what i tought of the game
its still an ok game but the filler is attrocious and you cannot skip cutscenes and trust me there is alot ALOT of them and not the animated and cool looking ones either
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.