[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does the majority of /v/ not like the Halo and Gears of War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: mayor chef and mars eagle.jpg (121 KB, 615x293) Image search: [Google]
mayor chef and mars eagle.jpg
121 KB, 615x293
Why does the majority of /v/ not like the Halo and Gears of War series?

These games are good so what is your problem with them?
>>
They're on xbox and they're popular with people who made fun of me for liking video games.

That what you're expecting to hear?

I like both
>>
>>331853879
fagbase including op
>>
>>331853879
lack of punctuation shows how 12 years old you are.

Once you have your first wet dream, you'll understand why Halo isnt so appealing.
>>
They're ok. I only REALLY enjoy the co-op with my bros.
>>
File: 1458541100888.jpg (4 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1458541100888.jpg
4 MB, 3840x2160
>>331853879
because gears is A GIANT WORM
>>
Halo CE was great. Especially the PC version. Halo 2 had outstanding multiplayer. Then the series went to shit.

Gears was never anything special, but it was the only thing out at the time. Just like uncharted.
>>
File: 1455464987990.jpg (568 KB, 640x906) Image search: [Google]
1455464987990.jpg
568 KB, 640x906
>>331853879
>>
>>331853879
They're not anime games or shitty early 2000's or late 90's PC exclusive games.

Those are the only games /v/ likes. That's why you have so many faggots drooling over Morrowind of all games. That said every Halo made after Bungie left is not only atrocious, but non-canon.
>>
Halo was fun until 343.
Gears was fun but to this day I still have no fucking idea what that story was Jesus fuck.

Also Gears's netcode was utter garbage.
>>
>>331853879
Two reasons. At the time of their popularity, they had stupid fanbases filled with kids and dudebros. And the second being mostly exclusive to Xbox.

Having played them all recently again after abandoning them around 2010, I feel a complete fool for doing so. The games are fucking fantastic. Plus the dumb fanbases that plagued them have all moved on to CoD/Minecraft/Destiny and whatever else is popular today.
>>
>>331854167
I feel the same but only for gears. I liked halo 1-reach
>>
Halo is a solidly 6/10 game, except for 4 and 5, which are shit. Gears is awful
>>
>>331854065
So what? I got made fun of to (mainly from girls) yet I still loved these two series. They were great. Funny how I wouldn't be surprised if many of those girls who mocked guys playing games might be playing games now. I doubt it though. It's propaganda that tons of girls like games now.

I hate the "normie" reputation these two franchises have. I feel they deserve more then that from /v/.
>>
>>331854315
memes aside I think 5 has really good MP. It's not as good as 2 or 3 but leagues above 4
>>
>>331854140
>lack of punctuation shows how 12 years old you are.

No that is just the education system. This is /v/. Stop being a grammar nazi. Punctuation isn't that important here when it is a common thing that misspelling of words have become meme buzzwords.

Such as ebin or moar. Stop trying to derail the thread and stay on topic stupid shitposter.
>>
>>331854231
God I fucking hate this board sometimes. Fine you fuckers. Go ahead and ONLY like your anime, japanese games as if they can NEVER be shit. I have always had a taste for any game as long as they are good.
>>
>>331853879

GoW was good and fresh, had an excellent setting and enjoyable shooting plus a few clever weapons.

Halo is an overrated piece of garbage that stands out as a proud exemplification of the phrase "baby's first FPS". I've started playing this genre with Wolf3d and Halo was the most boring, blandest experience I've had with FPS games ever, including multiplayer.
>>
>>331854209
To be fair, COG soldiers don't have any enhancements, so why wouldn't they want to take cover.

I don't know why people who love Space Marine have the autistic desire to compare how space marines would fare versus games with vastly different setting and technology. It's like saying 'Haha we could easily win a war with the neanderthals'. It kinda goes without saying.
>>
>>331853879
Why does this surprise you? /v/ is full of contrarian sonyfags, get used to it.
>>
File: Dobson.png (587 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Dobson.png
587 KB, 900x900
>he got bullied at school for liking videogames
>>
Gears 1 has my favourite MP of all time.
Halo is OK, reach and two are my favourite.
>>
>>331853879
personally liked halo 1-3 the rest was modern garbage.
gears 1 and 2 was pretty good because they didn't have the stupid fucking free kill sawd-off
>>
>>331855568
My first fps was Doom 2 when I was 7, and I loved Halo up until 3. What was so garbage about it
>>
>>331860337
Meant for>>331855365
>>
>>331860417

The worst offense - awful shooting, weapons were uninteresting and didn't feel like I was firing anything powerful at all. AI was pretty okay, I'll give them that, but the levels were mediocre. Story was the best out of these, at least until 3 onwards.

The same (minus AI) also applies to multiplayer,
>>
I played MCC today.
It felt good.
>mfw I feel like I went through therapy
>>
>>331853879
I have literally never had a conversation with someone about gears that hasn't been laughing at it.
Watching vee get so worked up about a remake was confusing as hell.
>>
/v/ loves Gears so I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. This board every so often has some of the most comfy threads you wouldn't believe it was /v/ and the thread is about Gears.
>>
>>331853879
Halo 3 > Halo 2 > Halo CE

Gears 3 > Gears 2 > Gears 1

Both series got better as they progressed. Peaked at the third. Dropped big time in quality after the third games.
>>
>>331862319
What is so bad about Gears? Epic made the most fun 3rd person shooters of all time. The mechanics are rock solid. No other 3rd person shooter plays better then it.
>>
>>331853879
They arent good enough. I want more Unreal and Serious sam style shooters. That and the two primary weapon limit can fuck itself. Limits work when you have an invintory like resident evil and shit.
>>
>>331854209
Yeah easy when you're 9' tall and in a suit of power armor.
>>
File: 1458256992548.jpg (16 KB, 234x215) Image search: [Google]
1458256992548.jpg
16 KB, 234x215
>>331853879
I like certain things about Halo with 2/4 being my favorites.
Gears however, shits on Halo with story/gameplay but the online for Gears is iffy af due to host connection, while Halo has the same thing, it isn't as one sided.
The fact that Microsoft hasn't cross-played these games on PC hurts my brain.
>>
gears of war is ultra high testosterone but braindead, halo is just gay
>>
File: expendable.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
expendable.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
>>331865268
Was it ever established if COG armor is powered or not? I know the back plate has those magnets to hold guns, but I thought it also gave them back support for constantly hunkering down and slamming into cover.
That said, COG vs. SM is still a retarded mismatch
>>
>>331853879
My only problem with Gears is that I'll never get an Unreal 3. Not tourney, not MP. A SP Unreal.

My biggest problem with Halo is it turned into a spectacle series. Big setpieces are fun but not when it's the entire game. 1 was great for having some quiet moments and letting you kind of take in all the big crazy architecture. Same thing happened to ME and Dead Space. And Half Life.

I'd suck a fart out of Anthony Burch's cum filled asshole to get a game like the first Unreal again.
>>
>>331864496
This desu senpai
>>
>>331865738
No, it isn't powered, it is just armor.

The COG in Gears 3 barely even wanted to wear the armor anymore because fuck it.
>>
>>331853879
Xbox hate, anyone who had a 360 can defend those 2 as being easily better than Sony's 1st party offerings.
>>
>>331854209

That's not fair; he's /wearing/ the cover on him!
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.