[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The main problem with the Shit Souls franchise is that they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: shit.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
The main problem with the Shit Souls franchise is that they're RPGs.

Imagine if they were something along the lines of Dark Messiah. A FPS with loot a in great and interesting world. Now that would be a game who deserves to be talked of.
>>
They're great as RPGs though
>>
But Dark Messiah sucks all kinds of ass outside of having fun First Person Combat. There's nothing good about the loot system or the world in Dark Messiah.

The fuck is your point OP?
>>
File: 1277626106556.gif (537 KB, 441x354) Image search: [Google]
1277626106556.gif
537 KB, 441x354
>I HATE CURRENT POPULAR THING!
>>
the only 'rpg' aspect i don't like about the souls games is that you can level up pretty much indefinitely and become a god
>>
>>331836320
but shitsouls does not qualify as an rpg. Its a hack n slash at best.
>>
>>331836465
>There's nothing good about the loot system or the world in Dark Messiah.

Hence my mention to Dark Souls. Dark Souls got both these elements right, Dark Messiah got FPS and fun combats right. Combine the two, boom game of the century.

But it's not the case because these fucking gooks can't into FPS, so we end up with a shitty ass fucking third-person RPG. Such a shame.
>>
>>331836681
>>
>>331836684

But Dark Soul's combat is better, more varied and more balanced than Dark Messiah too.
>>
>>331836684

i find first person melee based games absolutely disgusting.
>>
dark messiah's combat was shit. why do people like it? the stuff against humans were fine, but thats like 20% of the game. and the obvious environmental hazards were laughable
>>
>>331836910
Then you have shit tastes. Or play with a controller. Not the end of the world.

>>331836831
>But Dark Soul's combat is better, more varied and more balanced than Dark Messiah too.
>balanced

Nah. Besides it's third person shit, which invalidate everything.
>>
>>331836934

The only reason people even talk about the game, is because of the environmental hazards

Kicking and slipping enemies into spikes, or off of cliffs is the only enjoyable part about that game, besides demon boobies
>>
>>331836684
Here you dropped this
>>
>>331836684
This >>331836910
You have to be very, very stupid to think FP melee system are good and not nausea inducing shit. Chivalry being one of the prime examples.
>>
File: 6TnyPnl15iw.jpg (33 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
6TnyPnl15iw.jpg
33 KB, 512x512
>>331836684
>these fucking gooks can't into FPS
FROM literally used to make FPS RPGs before Demon's Souls.
>>
Is the English version available on Japan's PSN?

My friend is going to buy yen PSN cards but he won't know what the fuck he's doing.
>>
>>331836986

I do use a controller for dark souls, however mountain blade never supported a controller.

that game has a first person option, but i rarely see people use it.
>>
>>331836986

Your opinion is wrong. Stop posting.
>>
File: decap1.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
decap1.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>331837045
Nah it's just that :

1. You have shit tastes
2. You have a shit brain coupled with shit eyes, because i don't know how anyone could be "nauseous" after playing something in first person
3. FP melee systems are great when done properly, which is extremely rare because it requires good animations and feedback, things that gooks would never manage to produce
4. FP gives a whole new meaning to immersion and connection with the world that TP will never ever manage to, for that factor alone FP is million times superior, the proof of that was the addition of FPS mode in GTA V, which completely changed the game for many players and is still considered as the best addition Rockstar ever did, period
>>
>>331837254
So do you never play third person games then?
Sounds like some kind of a disability.
>>
File: vertigo.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
vertigo.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>331837356
I do play third person games but i will always consider them, rightfully so, sub-par to a game in first person.

Any game in third person would be ten times better in first person. You gain an immense bonus in immersion without having to do jack shit (see GTA V). That alone is already worth it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.