[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey guys, honest question: where do you get your gaming news?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: aneeta.jpg (205 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
aneeta.jpg
205 KB, 1024x512
hey guys, honest question:

where do you get your gaming news?

kotaku was pretty polarizing but i always appreciated them for at least being fast and having a wide variety. they usually shit the bed when it came to, yknow, having opinions. but they're pretty much dead now so it doesnt even matter anymore

Answers not allowed:

1. IGN.
2. reddit
3. /v/ (this one mostly because i think we all rely on /v/ to at least a certain extent, and /v/ itself is mostly secondhand. not helpful because i already use it and not direct)

I also hate polygon, and have tried and failed to get into siliconera. I'm trying vg247 as we speak, but it's about 30% Destiny which is just about the least relevant game to my interests
>>
>gaming news

Literally only thing worth knowing is release dates. Everything else is gossip or editorial.
>>
>>331834754

twitter 2bh laddie
>>
>>331834754
>kotaku was pretty polarizing but i always appreciated them
kill yourself right now
you are the cancer killing games.
>>
>>331834754
/v/ via twitter
everything I ever would want to will be posted here as a screencap anyway. Beyond that, I just check release dates for games and watch trailers on youtube to decide for myself
>>
GIant Gomb
>>
>>331834754
/r/games
and /v/
>>
Let him RIP
>>
Directly from the publisher's website and Directs. There's really nothing else I need to know about a game other than the release and whether my tits are being taken from me
>>
File: 1445371762706.jpg (146 KB, 434x434) Image search: [Google]
1445371762706.jpg
146 KB, 434x434
Okay, I know how many goobers you are going to piss off, but I just want to say
>least being fast
You got me, anon. I actually had a chuckle
>>
>tabloids and opinion pieces disguised as reviews
>gender politic obsession

Might as well just stick to /v/

Any news is bound to find its way here in the form of 3-4 threads because someone wants to be a special snowflake and be the first to post the news

This usually happens anywhere from 5 minutes to a full day at the most, so I'm rarely missing anything important.
>>
If you care for being told about trailers ans shit, r/games is probably the best. Just don't read comments and you good, dog
>>
>>331835149
Cuck, stop browsing aggregation sites and get the news/content from the source
>>
From /v/.
Also Siliconera is the only ones who write about weebshit.
>>
>>331835392
yeah..... which is kinda the answer i expected posting this.
>>
/v/ for the most part honestly. Other than that just Nintendo directs, e3, and a couple youtubers.
>>
I don't care about gaming news.
>>
/v/ to be honest

I also am subscribed to the Gaming section using the Flipboard app.
It usually has all sorts of publications as long as it talks about games

I also do not buy games at release usually so gaming news is not that important to me
>>
v
neogaf
google
twitter

I don't have my own page in any of this sites
>>
V
Ign
Google
>>
Twitter. I just follow gaming news sites.
>>
>gaming news
>>
\v/
>>
>>331834754

Gematsu and I guess you already mentioned Siliconera.

They mainly focus on weeb news but they generally cover everything. They also rarely editorialize so you won't find too many opinion pieces. They report news and it's usually as straight forward as that.
>>
forbes usually does a good job getting their facts straight, and PC gamer for Durante's (the dude who made the dark souls fix) reports of PC ports
>>
File: slowtaku3.jpg (48 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
slowtaku3.jpg
48 KB, 320x320
>kotaku
>fast
>>
>>331835506

People give shit on reddit for its community(Rightfully so too).

But that doesn't change the fact that they're really quick and informative on certain subjects.
>>
>>331834754
I follow quite a few game sites and a couple of industry analysts on Twitter. As long as you just look into the "contents" and not opinions, anything goes I guess

Thinking about getting a feed reader since press release sites doesn't have a Twitter account for quick updates
>>
>>331836172
That's the best thing you can get from a community with a huge audience. People tend to flock there
>>
File: 1454352440090.jpg (27 KB, 601x607) Image search: [Google]
1454352440090.jpg
27 KB, 601x607
Mostly just /v/
>>
/v/, that's literally it
>>
One I've found decent is HardcoreGamer. One of the writers is a faggot and writes terrible opinion articles but beyond that it's most of what I want in a gaming news website.
>>
File: 1425666646132.jpg (201 KB, 953x988) Image search: [Google]
1425666646132.jpg
201 KB, 953x988
I get the faggots on /v/ to go to the faggot news sites and bring back shit for me.
>>
>>331836614
This is why spoonfeeder and spoonfeedee should be banned
>>
>>331834754
Lewdgamer and only lewdgamer.
>>
Siliconera for weebshit.
>>
>>331834754
>being fast
That's because they took reddit's/4chan's post as their own articles.
>>
>>331834754
reddit.com/r/games

I don't even come to /v/ anymore because:

* lot's of negativity
* people insulting each other instead of talking
* trolls

On reddit I get all the latest, raw data and intelligent contributors (no, since I went there I didn't see ANYONE being "le reddit army top kek" stereotypical redditor that 4chan claims exist)
>>
>>331834754
>>331835021
Same here. and >>331834974 is correct, I don't really give a shit about anything else other than release dates.

Everything else is speculation and hype.
>>
>>331837070
obligatory (you)
>>
File: 61.jpg (6 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
61.jpg
6 KB, 300x100
>>331834754
here
>>
From /v/, official twitch channels (like Nintendo direct or e3 coverage), and sometimes vg general if im looking for something specific.

Or the game official website, but some games dont Actually have one
>>
File: 1458798650914.webm (451 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1458798650914.webm
451 KB, 480x480
>>331834754
>getting "Gaming news"
>actually actively going out of your way to get advertised to
>>
>>331834754
>gaming news
Wat, why would you need vidya news? The info I go after is trailers and the dates, what else is there to it? Top 10 owls in Vidya? Don't make me laugh.
I don't care about the companies, or the creators, just the games, I don't care if it's a triple A studio or just an indie game dev, fan made, remaster or whatever.
>>
>>331834754
Kotaku and Jezebel are the same company.
>>
>>331837828
Dualshockers isn't bad. Giuseppe is a bit of a sperg (He posts here, I'm pretty sure), but is generally fairly on the ball.
>>
Destructoid is pretty good, sans Jed.
>>
>>331837894
Whoops, sorry, didn't mean to reply to anyone with that.
>>
>>331834754
Eurogamer
>>
>>331834754

>2. reddit

There is literally nothing wrong with using reddit as it is supposed to be used as an aggregate of information relating to a certain topic. Shit like random news articles, developer blog posts, etc. get posted there that you wouldn't have found yourself.
>>
besides /v/ the Verge has a decent amount of gaming related articles, especially in regards to hardware and/or events.

and Siliconera for weebshit, that's about it.
>>
Is there a single good website which does the following
-Follows mostly western releases and some non weebshit Japanese games
-Does not advertise or talk about AAA crap at all (or at least only very minor pieces that are not a majority)
-Has knowledgeable writers who have decent experience with vidya and are fairly on top of their genre/video game field of choice.

That's all I want. I'm fucking tired of going to a site to get video game news and having something shilled in my face as if it were the religion of the site and they were on a recruitment drive.
>>
>>331836172
Why Gabe never comes here?
>>
>>331838008
While that's true, there is still the problem of garbage in, garbage out. The majority of people who use the major gaming reddits are recruited from the stream of average reddit users and are therefore pretty fucking awful. Since they are going to be the filter and the collector of whatever you see that is a problem.
>>
>>331837923
This. Jed is a huge blemish on an otherwise good site, but they allow you to block him and any other writers you don't want to see on the front page. Most of the commenters call him out regularly or have just blocked him outright. Chris Carter is a pretty good reviewer also.
>>
>>331834754
siliconera
/v/
>>
File: Dear gaben.jpg (1 MB, 2202x1300) Image search: [Google]
Dear gaben.jpg
1 MB, 2202x1300
>>331838194
Because you fucks kept sending him rude letters.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.