[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>final boss is the mascot armor >weapon is the bonfire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: 1458797695388.png (1 MB, 1277x720) Image search: [Google]
1458797695388.png
1 MB, 1277x720
>final boss is the mascot armor
>weapon is the bonfire sword
>also shapes it into a curved sword or a staff for spells
>even does the grain wood backflip
>phase 2 uses miracles
>last boss of the last Dark Souls game
>you metaphorically kill Dark Souls

This is...I can't. I just can't....Miyazaki outdid himself with this. Bravo. Just bravo is all I can say because I'm so speechless.

This is on a level of meta topics Hideo Kojima WISHES he could come close to, and Miyazaki did it without trying. He doesn't even like Dark Souls and doesn't think there should be sequels but contracts exist and he begrudgingly does it, AND EVEN THEN, they are not halfassed. They are full fledged games.

Everything about this game is so perfect. Game of the year. Right here. Nothing else matters. This, ladies and gentlemen, is how you sendoff your series. With a bang.
>>
>implying there won't be another boss for the third ending
>>
>>331831937
Are you trying to write a bad copy pasta or is English not your first language?
>>
File: every time.png (988 KB, 700x560) Image search: [Google]
every time.png
988 KB, 700x560
I will post this in every thread that claims GOTY and remind them that they are wrong. .
>>
Not reading any of this shit, fuck you OP you cuck fetish faggot
>>
>>331832069
Barneyfag.
>>
>>331832134
What the fuck does this have to do with ponies?
>>
>>331832175
That's obviously Applejack, and the cunt on the left is also Twilight.
>>
>>331832069
>indieshit
who cares?
>>
>>331832239
People with taste and an understanding that LM1 was better than literally every other game that came out this decade.

>>331832230
>A maiden who was forced to sleep in an ancient ruins for years and then eventually started to assimilate into modern society = a purple cartoon horse
>The daughter of a japanese man and american woman who became an archaeologist like her father = an american yellow horse
Yeah, no.
>>
Miyazaki is a god among men
>>
File: 1448953137161.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1448953137161.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
BB IS STILL THE BEST GAME SHUT UP
>>
>>331831937
Is there no secret boss? There has to be a secret boss ala MP

>>331833807
Let us wait until we play the game before the shitposting. I really hope this guy tops Gehrman, I really do
>>
enjoy the ban faggot
>>
>>331833884
There is

It's Gwyns firstborn son
>>
>>331831937
>This is on a level of meta topics Hideo Kojima WISHES he could come close to, and Miyazaki did it without trying

Very hard to wrap a story that's dialogue over the course of 3 games could be summed up on a single piece of paper

>being this level of aspie
>>
>>331834142
Its a video game not a video story. Show, don't tell.
>>
>what is dlc
>>
>>331834142
Why can't retards appreciate the beauty of subtlety? You faggots are that dense you need the game to hold a massive plaque for you to say, "So this is what is going on, since you're too much of an airhead to interpret the events and history around you."

Fuck off.
>>
>>331834594
DLC will only improve the game
>>
I'm on my phone and the image isn't loading. Is the final boss "mascot" armor Elite Knight?
>>
>>331834919
Its the knight on the cover of the game, the literal embodiment of the series
>>
>>331835031
Fuck, I was wanting it to be Elite Knight. Would have been the best fucking ending ever. Especially if it was The Chosen Undead.
>>
>>331835169
If you think about it, it pretty much is the CU of the previous cycle.
>>
>>331835031
>the literal embodiment of the series

What do you mean by this?
>>
>>331835286
Read the OP, the fight is supposed to symbolize the player closing the book on dark souls.
>>
>>331835286
He has multiple phases where he does things like cast pyromancy, spells, backflips with a falchion, uses a straight sword and then goes into super mode with a second health bar and uses the bonfire sword like a greatsword and fights like gwyn+Lightning
>>
>>331835387
Poorly.
>>
File: are you serious.png (3 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
are you serious.png
3 KB, 300x300
>Final boss is Chosen Undead
>Has generic armor
>Doesn't have fully upgraded equipment + mom mask with the 56 poise break and fap ring on a dex pyromancer build with a fully upgraded great scythe, fastswap capabilities to demon spear and shotel along with 24 great combustions and 24 black flames

fucking casual final boss, guess they wanted to go easy on the players

meant to post this in this thread
>>
>>331831937
thanks for spoiling, nigger.
>>
>>331835619
thats for the DLC boss
>>
File: 1458792892025.jpg (167 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1458792892025.jpg
167 KB, 690x460
>>331835286

He starts with STR, swinging around and shit with a big ass sword, then he transforms his weapon into a scimitar thing and does some flipping ninja shit with some moves pulled straight from the Dex weapon movesets to represent DEX, he transforms his scimitar into a staff and pulls Kamehamehas and Soul Spears out of his ass and putting out Homing Soulmass (with like double the soulmass) and that magic blade thing from DS2 for INT, he switches to Sunbro's Lightning Spears and heals for Faith, Then he switches to Power Within buffs and more fire shit to represent Pyromancy, which is he pulls out at some points.

then after you deplete his first life bar he fucking explodes and goes full Gwyn mode, in spirit, because old Gwyn couldn't keep up with the new protag's speed, he goes all berserker and rushes you with unrelenting attacks, basically everything up to that point but worse, with new sword combos and him integrating his magic (like his lightning spear) into physical combos.

However, if you take too long to take him down, he starts switching styles during any phase anyway. His phases are fluid it looks like.

On top of that he's not a parry pushover like Gwyn, he's wild and all over the place like Gehrman was in bloodborne.

He's a goddamned sendoff, you're essentially fighting a representation of every Dark Souls player rolled into a boss.
>>
>>331835851
He also has a mode where he morphs his sword into a spear and uses Wrath of the Gods
>>
File: 1427624825488.jpg (20 KB, 384x325) Image search: [Google]
1427624825488.jpg
20 KB, 384x325
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_6S-0OD_6I

>mfw mexicans never record their games with anything other than shaky cameras
>>
>>331836879
The boss is great but the area you fight him in is lame. Overall meh.
>>
>>331836879
I AM THE BONE OF MY SWORD
>>
I dont mind if most bosses whom are giant dudes in armor are popular builds/meme throughout DS series in this game. Maybe we get to fight Giantdad.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.