[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good games everyone forgot about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: cities skylines.jpg (829 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cities skylines.jpg
829 KB, 1920x1080
Good games everyone forgot about
>>
>>
File: MNC.jpg (63 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
MNC.jpg
63 KB, 640x360
>>
>>331827884
>Literally one of the most played games on steam, most streamed games on twitch, every gaming community has at least a forum or a board dedicated to it
>Everybody forgot about it guys!!!!!
>>
>>331828140
Sad that Uber took the Payday 2 route with this
Make a pretty fun game and then completely fucking ruin it
>>
>>331828154
There's no drama so that means no one's talking about it.

Also, snowfall kinda sucks. I had to abandon my base city because snow is a locked thing. Hopefully they legit integrate seasons in game in the future, since regular maps also has a temp. bar
>>
>>331827884
I played some Cities Skyline on a free weekend.

I could never make a city that pretty either. It makes me feel very anxious that I will be unable to make a city that great

RIP
>>
>>331827884
What? I still go back to it from time to time when i need my citybuilder fix
Although I think Paradox are starting to dig its grave with ridiculous DLC bullshit.
>that fucking price tag just for a couple snowy maps
What the fuck. And i thought the previous one was treading on bullshit price:content ratio
>>
>>331828281
they already gave nighttimes away for free
>>
>>331828383
if you want to talk about bullshit DLC price tags, go check what bethesda is doing with their fo4 dlc prices/season pass prices
>>
Skylines shits all over anything Simcity does.
>>
>>331829975
If you're talking about 2013, sure. SC4 had much better management and development/progression aspects, however.
>>
>>331827884
>>331828154
>>331828383

I'd play more Cities Skylines but the fucking traffic system infuriates the crap out of me. Are there any mods that fix that shit that aren't also giant clusterfucks of a million useless "features" ?
>>
>>331830704
Never played it, what was wrong with it?
>>
>>331830704
>being this bad at designing road networks and effective public transportation

Why even play this genre anon
>>
>>331831226
Cars are retarded and will get in the lane they need after they pass the exit before the exit they want. A lot of times this causes freeways filled with giant tailbacks in one lane while the other lanes are clear, cars making retarded merges, and cars failing to use multi-lane exits properly. Basically you end up designing your roads around the retarded AI rather than trying to make something more aesthetically pleasing.

>>331831378
Public transportation a shit in this game. I wish there was a light rail option that wasn't completely useless.
>>
File: AliceMadnessReturns.jpg (43 KB, 250x310) Image search: [Google]
AliceMadnessReturns.jpg
43 KB, 250x310
>>
>>331828213
Super Monday Night Combat didn't really get off the ground in terms of playerbase to become sustainable. I played the shit out of it and the original. To this date they're still my most played Steam games.

I don't really get you comparison to Payday 2. Payday 2 jewed their players out the ass with shittons of DLC. SMNC just had a shitty small playerbase which made matchmaking shit but their business model was directly lifted from all the other successful and accepted mobas.
>>
>>331830540
>Muh nostalgia!!!!!
>>
>>331831547
I have had 0 problems with public transit and the agents will walk a ridiculous distance to get where they are going. The problem is with your design bud.
>>
>The traffic is bad!!!

Post screenshot of your bad traffic and let me point out why its your fault and laugh at you

I dare you motherfucker
>>
>>331831635
No the problem is the options that exist don't scale well. Once you start hitting six figure populations the traffic situation gets nasty in a hurry and even well designed highway systems will clog.
>>
>>331831687
so aggro anon, i hope you had a good day
>>
File: thing.jpg (49 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
thing.jpg
49 KB, 256x256
I got newfound love for BF4 after I discovered commander mode, why are there never any threads about this series anymore?
We get occasionally cod threads, which is cool, but why no battlefield?
>>
>>331831843
My day is just getting started ;>
>>
>>331831553
pls die
>>
after they "balanced" the economy it kinda killed the fun for me. now you have to grow much more progressively and can't just draw a big fucking circle and planing mega cities. inb4 get a mod.
>>
>>331831378
Its not even a matter of being bad at designing roads, its the complete lack of fine options for shit like which directions and shit cars can go at intersections and shit
>cant make left/right turn only things at intersections
>can't make intersections where cars can NOT turn in certain directions'
And a bunch of other shit like that.
>>
>>331832247
get a mod
>>
>>331832262
>>cant make left/right turn only things at intersections

>What is a one way road

nigga did you even play this game

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE at you my kind sir
>>
DEADBOLT
>>
>>331832729
that game just came out though
>>
>>331832385
you can't make an intersection with where a one way goes onto a two way be a left turn only .
Sure you could 'Technically' make left turn only spots if you make your intersection just be a bunch of one way roads with one going in each direction but that is a fucking retarded solution that you shouldn't have to do in the first place.
>>
>>331832815
Yeah but basically no one knew about it
The only way to have known about it pre release was if you followed his Tumblr
Hopoo needs to learn to market
>>
File: tmp1.jpg (525 KB, 1901x917) Image search: [Google]
tmp1.jpg
525 KB, 1901x917
>>331832385
He's right though. Like it's impossible to split a 6 lane road into two 3 lane freeways properly. You'll get some abomination where 2 lanes of the incoming freeway connect to the outbound freeway instead of merging smoothly into the roadway.

Also, road speeds are locked to the size of the road so you can't have a 2 lane freeway or a 4 lane high speed boulevard, etc.

And then there are times where the AI just flat out breaks and does shit like hitting an offramp from the far left lane (pic related)
>>
>>331833103
>grid
You got more problems than that buddy
>>
La-mulana is the weirdest good game I've ever played.

Four years ago everyone fucking talked about it and it was the height of videogames despite being indie n shit.

Now nobody has played it. Nobody. There's that one guy who posts in every thread that says a game is GOTY, and one or two people every so often, but that's it.

What the fuck happened?

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>331833103
Saw a video on this, it's due to how the AI works. It only sees intersections not lanes or traffic. So the truck wants to exit and then turn left onto the other highway at the next intersection.
>>
>>331831880
Plus the game has gotten a ton of support even after they were done with their initial expansion packs.

DICE really stepped it up from the shitshow the game was at release
>>
>>331833283

I have owned Manamana for 3 years now and have never once installed it.
>>
>>331833183
Grids should probably work better than they do desufam
>>
File: tribesSPONGEBOB.gif (3 MB, 317x174) Image search: [Google]
tribesSPONGEBOB.gif
3 MB, 317x174
>>
>>331833294
Interesting.

Is there any way to prevent cargo docks and cargo rail stations from becoming massive clusterfucks? Commercial traffic is such a bitch sometimes.
>>
>No currents in the only available water
>Have to keep rebuilding water pumps and buying new land tiles for more water access because shit is slowly filling the entire ocean

HELP
>>
>>331833829
Maybe you should just build a fuckton of water towers
Or get aquifer pump mods
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.