[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did things go so wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Thief_box_art.jpg (26 KB, 307x323) Image search: [Google]
Thief_box_art.jpg
26 KB, 307x323
How did things go so wrong?
>>
>>331817154
Is it worse than Hitman absolution? I can't think of a worse stealth game tbch
>>
>>331817861
>Hitman absolution?

Yes.
>>
>>331818018
fug
>>
>>331817154
My friend said you can´t kill in this game. Is that true? Sounds quite fucking lame. And can you buy something with all the stuff you steal?
>>
>>331818364
>you can´t kill in this game
>Sounds quite fucking lame

You have to be 18+ to post here
>>
>Let's modernize X game
>But these inconvenient mechanics aren't wanted by newer players!
>Also! we can innovate to make the experience easier for players to settle into

And then you have generic stealth game #9273
>>
>>331817861
Pissed me off how they ruined Hitman
>>
They made it nonlinear
>>
>>331817154
This game cut back on a lot that the originals did. If this game was standalone and came out today without a predecessor, that would be one thing, but it doesn't.

In the originals, you had smart enemies, different sounding floor tiles, way more unique arrows, good level design and no QTE. I'm not even doing the originals justice here, you have to just play it for yourself. There's a reason an entire community is still making maps for them to this day.

This game just failed on so many accounts and tried to be like a lot of its contemporaries and "bring this up to the modern era" bullshit that companies like to talk about.
>>
File: RWBY.png (182 KB, 352x455) Image search: [Google]
RWBY.png
182 KB, 352x455
>>331818459
>No killing in game set in a Victorian fantasy world = no fun
>I don´t like fun
>The game wasn´t fun
>The game flopped
Back to your Underage containment general faggot.
>>
>>331817154
I'm not so sure about this.
>>
My friend just started playing it and he says the sound is completely fucked. In some scenes you cant even hear what people are saying.
>>
>>331817154
>hey guys remember that stealth-game thing from awhile back that was so good it, to this day, has a sizeable following of people making fan missions and mods
>let's take that, reboot it with modern graphics, and then remove absolutely everything that made it unique

>completely forgotten about months after release
That's what happened.
>>
>>331818878
>In the originals, you had smart enemies,
They were prone to monumental bouts of stupidity quite often, most notably walking into Garret and not detecting him if you were in deep shadow and not moving.

>different sounding floor tiles,
True, but functionally there were only three: really quiet ones like carpet or grass; really loud ones like tile or metal; and ones you could sneak on quickly but couldn't run or jump on like wood and stone.

>way more unique arrows
Actually, Thief 4 has more. Thief 1 had 7: Broadhead, Water, Fire, Moss, Gas, Noismaker, and Rope. Thief 2 added Vine Arrows which were just Rope Arrows that attached to grates while Deadly Shadows removed Rope Arrows entirely.
Thief 4 has 8: Broadhead, Blunt, Sawtooth, Water, Fire, Choke, Blast, and Rope. What I will say is that Thief 4's overlap too much and Rope and Water arrows are stunted in that Ropes require specific attach points and Water are only temporary as guards relight torches.

>good level design
For the most part. The originals do have their dubs, and Thief 4 has a couple of levels, or sections at least, that are good, like the brothel.

>no QTE.
This is true.

>I'm not even doing the originals justice here
While I completely agree that the originals shit all over Thief 4, you're actually exaggerating them in this comparison. The originals have a lot of room for improvement and give you a lot of leeway to fuck up, even on Expert.
>>
>>331817154
Mismanagement, interference from publisher and more mismanagement.

Also most of the people working on the game only had experience working on HR as an AAA.

Basically blame the publisher.
>>
Linear experience of a lifetime.
>>
>>331819346
>no killing = no fun
Kill yourself kid.
>>
>>331818364
You can, although only with your bow. At melee, you just get a blackjack that knocks enemies out with a dumb takedown cutscene.
>>
File: Hullo.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Hullo.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>mfw they bring me my dinner
>>
>>331822643
So it will be fun.
>>
File: africanamericanpondering.jpg (48 KB, 600x303) Image search: [Google]
africanamericanpondering.jpg
48 KB, 600x303
>>331819346
>killing people in stealth games when it can be avoided
>>
Design wise it didn't do ANYTHING right. The only thing it did right was cash in on the Dishonored craze
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.