[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paragon Opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: Paragon1.jpg (77 KB, 582x383) Image search: [Google]
Paragon1.jpg
77 KB, 582x383
Possibly thinking of buying this so I have a MOBA to play with my friends on PS4.

It looks good, but I wanted /v/ opinion before I pulled the trigger. My only MOBA experience is with league so if you could list the main differences outside of the camera change I would appreciate it.

Really any general impressions of the game if you've played it.
>>
Isn't it free?
>>
its shit
>>
The sheer amount of PS4 players ruining games make it bad. The game itself can be okay.
>>
>>331807164
Hahaha, not anymore.
>>
>>331807238
Care to elaborate?

>>331807164
Not on PS4, maybe on PC. It's more about just being able to play with friends not the money. Though I don't generally like wasting money either.
>>
File: 1.jpg (111 KB, 1126x736) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
111 KB, 1126x736
>>331807387
>>
everything slow as hell and ranged attack animation looks just retarded
then "last hitting" moba shit made it even worse
>>
>>331807586
Apparently you need a founder's pack to play (20$)
>>
>>331807875
This is early access. The game is free after early access. Doesn't stop the PS4fags from feeding and leaving though.
>>
>>331808319
What do you mean feeding and leaving?
>>
>>331808506
Moba terms; dying repeatedly and then leaving the game.
>>
>>331808506
They join a game, don't communicate due to lack of keyboard, then run up mid and die 18 times and leave. Very common PS4 behavior.
>>
>>331808686
Is there no punishment for leaving early?
>>
>>331807047

It's only $20 so if you buy it and end up not liking it, it's not a huge loss.

Do research yourself and decide if you want to get it. You're only going to get shitposting on /v/
>>
>>331808835
I don't know about Paragon, but in other mobas there usually are deterrents... but it happens nonetheless.
>>
>>331808861
It's actually been fairly helpful so far.

I've been trying to watch gameplay but it's all people who are fresh off NDA and think everything Is epic and cool and fun while they try to sit there and tell me how to play a character. All the while they can't even CS properly in their lane or miserably fail at jungling.
>>
>>331808835
None, whatsoever.
>>
>>331809280
Good job, Epic. I guess I'll have to play with a team of five.
>>
>>331809174

If you've ever played Smite, it's basically that but with more MOBA bullshit sprinkled in.

Less Casual than Smite, Less Hardcore than Dota/League. Hits a weird middle-ground that is going to satisfy no audience.
>>
I'm having fun with it (playing with 3-4 friends mostly)

Game is really rough, clearly not polished and Epic is constantly looking for feedback.

This means the game is unequivocally shit by /v/ standards forevermore.

It's got potential. Don't buy it if you don't want to play an unfinished game.
>>
>>331811367
I bought SF5 on release day so I'm fine with a work in progress.

How does the card system work?
>>
>>331811367

I'm hoping Paragon finds some success, mostly so HiRez can get off their lazy asses and stop ruining Smite. HiRez needs a competitor, but Paragon is gonna have to try hard cause the game has absolutely zero waifu-pandering characters.
>>
>>331811526
Cards basically replace the item shop in other mobas.

Cards give things like damage, crit chance, lifesteal, etc. with some having unique effects. They each have their own costs ranging from 1 point to 7 points (that's the highest one I've got).

There are two basic types of cards: equipment cards and upgrade cards. Once you have an equipment card slotted you can augment it with up to three upgrade cards. Most equipment cards give additional bonuses when fully upgraded.

When you hit profile level 5 you get the ability to make your own decks. The same card can be used in multiple decks, so no worries about that. Some cards are universal and can be used with any character; others have an "affinity" that can only be used by certain characters.

Card packs can only be bought with in game currency and are really expensive at the moment. You can also buy more deck slots with in game currency, which is good because you don't start out with enough space to have a deck for each character.

I personally like the card system so far. Doesn't feel very pay to win and hopefully they fine tune it a little before release.
>>
>>331812851
Oh, and you can only get a maximum of 60 card points in a match, so there's a bit of strategy about how you're going to use them.
>>
>>331809280
>>331808835
You can't play another game until the game you left is over
>>
>>331807047
It's definitely an early product not ready for full release yet.
My early impressions playing it so far is that it's slow as hell and they don't seem to get how critically important TP scrolls are to a dota-like.
Make no mistake, the game is not a shooter in the slightest and has too much emphasis on wave clearing/pushing as opposed to team fights, the lack of readily available defensive or ganking options makes picking heroes that clear creep waves fast then split pushing the most viable strategy.

The deck building aspect is the most interesting part of the game and is what gives it the most potential, but they need to completely revamp the actual core movement.
>>
Been a few releases since I've played it but the movement speed is ridiculously slow it feels awful and the character abilities are kinda bland. The card system might end up being interesting but right now there are cards you buy which are large upgrades that you slot smaller customizations into. Currently the items are basically all boring passive buffs like flat health / mana / cooldown reduction / crit % etc. There aren't any active items / items with interesting passives apart from potions and harvesters (deploy-able to specific spots on the map which gets you a passive GPM). Might be interesting later but right now its super rough. I'm pretty sure smite is in open beta now so if you are really hankering for a PS4 moba i'd recommend that over paragon at least for now.
>>
>>331812851
>>331812953
>>331813943
>>331814647
>>331815853
Thanks for the input, guys. Really appreciate it.
>>
Been playing non stop the last 2 days. Loving the game. Loving rampage
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.