[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it so damn phucking replayable? I complete this game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 485x303) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 485x303
Why is it so damn phucking replayable?

I complete this game once a year at least and I never get bored of it.
>>
>>331780289
lol it's shit and you're probably 33 year old virgin
>>
I'm replaying it now and most of those minigames got kinda old by now.
Like this Fort Condor shit can fuck off right now.

Everything else is still nice though.
>>
>>331780986
I never do those stuff.

And in the one you have to do I just let the other guys reach the top.
>>
File: disk_2.jpg (1 MB, 1000x2579) Image search: [Google]
disk_2.jpg
1 MB, 1000x2579
I've tried playing it four times. And every single time, I end up quitting in Disk 2. So many forced side quests and story padding.
>>
>>331780563
whatch out guys! the great 8yo edgemaster has come!!!! be careful! his responses are epic and he's so smart guys!!!! wooaahhhhh!!!!
>>
>>331780289
Good stories, settings, and characters don't lose their effect. The same things make certain movies rewatchable.
>>
File: 1451887551877.jpg (215 KB, 500x571) Image search: [Google]
1451887551877.jpg
215 KB, 500x571
>>331782432

>Good stories, settings, and characters don't lose their effect.
That's true. But FFVII doesn't have any of that. So how do you explain the success of FFVII? Or Final Fantasy as a whole?
>>
>>331780289
The Materia system is what brings me back to it. Too bad it will be gimped in the remake.
>>
>>331782661
where do you queers even come from
>>
i wouldnt say every year, the FF I always find myself going back to is X and XII.
>>
>>331780289
I just restarted it and see this thread is it fate?
>>
File: perfect pilot candidate.png (162 KB, 444x565) Image search: [Google]
perfect pilot candidate.png
162 KB, 444x565
>>331781915
Cid's theme still remains the shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJzfOA9uV6E
>>
>>331782924

>"wah! Don't diss my favorite game"
You realize he says it to get this response, right?
>>
File: 1458515332186.jpg (339 KB, 455x739) Image search: [Google]
1458515332186.jpg
339 KB, 455x739
>>331783167

>tfw you finally get to the finale and hear this as you descend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGHDXDI-DNc

best OST
>>
Cos it's cozy as fuck, brilliantly paced and designed with the most likeable and fleshed out characters in the series
>>
>>331781915
LOL
>>
>>331780289
I know what you mean. I used to have a scratched disc 1 that never loaded past the intro. I tried it once I bought a ps2 to see if it would load, and I got to disc 3 before I realized I never meant to play that long.

Probably because the music is catchy and the settings/characters are memorable. Combat could use a little work but the materia system was GOAT.

I just hope they fix all the bugs and translation issues in the remake.
>>
>>331783261
I'm just wondering.
Must be a hive somewhere.
>>
>>331781915
>that comic
>thinking the player will drop interest for the main character and villian whose origins becomes the biggest mystery of the game

FFVII contrarians really are the biggest faggots
>>
So anyone playing the new threat mod?
>>
File: cloudwheelchair.jpg (60 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
cloudwheelchair.jpg
60 KB, 480x640
>>331784378

>thinking the player will drop interest for the main character and villian whose origins becomes the biggest mystery of the game
Tons of people claim Cid being the leader is the most fun part of the game. And Cid is the best character.

Also, if a game had come out in this day in age and had the main character turn into a wheelchair bound vegetable, the main character and the game as a whole would be a massive joke. You're letting your nostalgia blind you. But hold onto that nostalgia because the FFVII remake is going to destroy it.
>>
>>331784378
I think people just like that section because it's the one part of the game where you are given a chance to have a party that isn't Cloud/x/x.

Mind you, you are forced to have a party that consists of Tifa/x/x (and Tifa is kind of "meh" stat wise) and then Cid/x/x(no tifa allowed), so I don't see the appeal. Cloud's the anchor for the party; well rounded stats with damaging limit breaks, and can play two combat roles at once pretty effectively. Without him, you're forced to use at least one mediocre faggot in his place, likely someone that hasn't been leveling along with Cloud and has shit lvl 1 limits.
>>
>>331784979
>Also, if a game had come out in this day in age and had the main character turn into a wheelchair bound vegetable, the main character and the game as a whole would be a massive joke. You're letting your nostalgia blind you. But hold onto that nostalgia because the FFVII remake is going to destroy it

As I said, FFVII contrarians really are the biggest faggots. If you can't even post your shitty bait without immediately contradicting yourself there's no help for you.
>>
>>331785875

>shut up contrarian!
>you just didn't play it!
Every FFVII thread. If its so easy to prove him wrong, then do it.
>>
>>331785946

Told.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.