[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did the attempt to build a gamepad that you can hold in your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: steam.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
steam.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
Did the attempt to build a gamepad that you can hold in your hand that would properly bridge the gap between console controller and M+K controllers succeed, /v/?
>>
>>331778707
No.
>>
>>331778707
My roommate has one.
Tried it out.
Dpad and analogue feels cheap.
The abxy buttons are too small and oddly placed.

The only thing I liked were the extra triggers on the back
>>
It's probably fine for games that don't need fast reactions. I haven't tried it but I can totally dig the idea of playing EU or vicky on a 42'' TV while chilling on the couch. I just hope the trackpad thing is as accurate as they claim.
>>
>>331778707
Other than the configuration limitations (i.e. needing to launch a game in big picture mode) it's the best controller i've ever used.
>>
I played 150+ hours in MGSV with it. It's a great controller, but keep a Wii U Pro or Xinput controller around just incase.
>>
>>331779042
by fast reactions do you mean CS:GO style M+KB reactions? Because the steam controller is infinitely faster than aiming with a joystick.
>>
when you get used to it its fantastic, it has a high learning curve and first impressions are always terrible.

Then again you could argue a controller shouldn't have learning curve, but i think the steam controller is attempting to give you more than a traditional dual analogue.
>>
>Try to import control configs for game
>Just goes back to the main menu with everything unbinded
>>
>>331778707
I'm posting this using my steam controller. I only use kb+m for competetive multiplayer and strategy games.
>>
File: CTvhQQJUAAAhO0n.png (344 KB, 600x576) Image search: [Google]
CTvhQQJUAAAhO0n.png
344 KB, 600x576
>>331778707
I hear the main problem is the input mapping you have to do for every game. You can map anything to anything, but that means you're going to be spending a great deal of time trying to set up the perfect layout and not playing games.
>>
>>331778707
This controller is so fucked.
>>
>>331780294
its really not
>>
>>331780227

Thats the stupidest thing I have heard in some time

Yeah all we PC players have been confused for 40 years because we had over a hundred keys to choose from...
>>
>>331778707
No.
>>
>>331780227
the controll schemes for many games is standardised so you only need for example one profile for fps games and then reuse it. Also community profiles give really good point to start from.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.