[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone on /v/ ever played Maimai? Discovered that this a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
Has anyone on /v/ ever played Maimai? Discovered that this arcade game existed a few weeks ago and to someone who loves rhythm games it looks interesting and really fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKwO00xETCY
>>
This looks awesome. You touch the screen too? Or is he just following it along for rhythm.
>>
File: Maimaig01[1].jpg (424 KB, 718x1024) Image search: [Google]
Maimaig01[1].jpg
424 KB, 718x1024
>>331774742
You have to physically slide along the path on the touch screen for the trails that show up, but for the the rest of the note types you just press or hold the buttons.

It's a shame you'll literally never find something like this in the west, stuff like Taiko might occasionally find its way here but this is way too new (first version launched in 2012) and obscure.
>>
>>331775767
Man thats awesome.
I'm heading to Japan in about 2 weeks and will be there for a month and some change so hopefully I'll get the chance to play it.

But yeah you only ever find rhythm games like this in the west when its at some convention or something.
>>
>>331773595
Yeah I played some, but I still prefer IIDX all day any day. The washing machines do have some nice tracks though!
>>
File: that fucking miss FUCK.png (294 KB, 458x648) Image search: [Google]
that fucking miss FUCK.png
294 KB, 458x648
>>331773595
yep I do
in fact, it's the only rhythm game I really good at
>>
>>331773595
It looks fun, but I don't have an arcade anywhere locally and I doubt it would stock japanese rhythm games anyways. I've seen the game before, though. I would definitely give it a try.
>>
>>331774742
>>331775936
you could tap the button or use the touch screen. whatever suits your best
oh, and for the best experience, wear gloves. you'll gonna need it
>>
>>331777105
Why? Hands slide easily?
>>
>>331777290
yes. sweaty bare hands just make things more difficult

anyway, posting the best play I've ever seen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BarSgsfn7Jo
>>
>>331777873
This nigga ain't human.
>>
>>331776771
>tfw live in Spictown, FL.
>local theater surprisingly had a brand new beatmania machine, pristine condition
>go back a month later to play and its gone
>>
>>331777873
Looks painful
>>
>>331779051
it's more tiring than IIDX because you use whole arms instead of just hand and fingers
>>
>>331778006
too bad this guy rarely played now because it's getting more expensive to play
>>
>>331780640
How expensive is too expensive?
>>
File: d66bbdce.jpg (23 KB, 450x230) Image search: [Google]
d66bbdce.jpg
23 KB, 450x230
it's called 'Washer' in Japan
>>
>>331779784
>more tiring than IIDX because you use whole arms

Jesus, is this why DDR died and got replaced by these games? Nerds got too fat and lazy to physically move?
>>
It's fun, and the learning curve isnt as steep as IIDX. There's an arcade in my town with it (I think an older version) but they charge you like 10 to enter or something.
>>
File: laughing-dog.jpg (16 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
laughing-dog.jpg
16 KB, 400x267
>>331782036
>>
>>331773595
Looks fucking rad.
Sounds rad too, is that the song from the strip club in Phantasy Star 4?
>>
>>331777873
Now that I think about it, if I was going to spend a day in an arcade I'd wear gloves anyway. Think of how many scores of people touch those public arcade machines in a day
>>
>>331784908
Yes, it's a remix of the overworld theme from the shoot em up Fantasy Zone
>>
>>331782206
>is this why DDR died
When did DDR die? DDR is still pretty strong in Japan, and there's even a new release coming.
>>
>>331773595
lmao at first I thought it was a japanese washing machine
>>
>>331775936

Yeah I lived in Japan for the better of a year and have recently come back, there's plenty of shit like this in their arcades. The Persona one fun.
>>
>>331780892

A dollar a credit I think. At least, that's what it was for me there.
>>
>>331773595
>>331777873
This sort of hand eye coordination must result in some impressive reflexes. Someone should do a study on this, even if muscle memory comes into play with enough exposure the overall connections made coordinating both hands like this must have some kind of effect.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.