[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got into Finkton Docks. Why does /v/ hate this game again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: rKBQE3S.png (314 KB, 595x665) Image search: [Google]
rKBQE3S.png
314 KB, 595x665
Just got into Finkton Docks.

Why does /v/ hate this game again? I'm having fun.

Elizabeth is amazing.
>>
File: 15476_XXX_v1.jpg (248 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
15476_XXX_v1.jpg
248 KB, 2000x2000
You forgot to spoiler fun you retard if you're gonna shitpost do it right.

Coffee thread, post your opinions on coffee.
>>
>>331769670
It's linear as fuck. Perfect example of a corridor shooter. Game is completely broken by one or two powers. Babby's first waifu. Elizabeth adds nothing to the gameplay other than a free ammo/health/mana dispenser. Babby's first time paradox plot. Plot twist is somewhat contrived, but the ending is completely pointless given the nature of the universe presented in the game. Developers started with a dark plot about racism and colonialism and then dialed it all back in favor of a watered down class warfare plot, yet still leaves a handful of racist setpieces around that don't really have a place. 1999 mode is a joke and a total lie when compared to what the devs promised it would be like. Upgrade system is completely trivial. The game gives you maybe 4 or 5 choices in the first hour or two of the game and then completely forgets it can do such a thing afterwards. All the choices you make in the game are totally irrelevant.

It's a 7/10 and maybe an 8/10 at best.
>>
>>331770264
What's a good coffee if I just want black with no bullshit attached?
>>
Its an alright game, v hates it because it got hyped up far beyond what it deserved. in all actuality it was a decent linear shooter game that thought it's plot was deeper and more meaningful than it actually was, but its far from the pile of shit people here like to make it out to be.

>>331770264
I don't really like the taste honestly
>>
>>331770264
Chicory in coffee is the only way to go. Yes I realize we did it because yanks made us poor. I don't care. It's delicious.
>>
>>331770431
Maxwell House/Folger's if you don't give a single FUCK
>>
It was really popular when it came out so it was bad.
>>
>>331769670
This shitpost made me nostalgia a bit, not gonna lie.
>>
You can tell when the rewrites happen because the story goes full retard about halfway through with one of the worst endings I've ever fucking scene.

That said, is the DLC any good for this?
>>
>>331770793
If it's the DLC where you go to Rapture, I've only ever heard good things about it. Not that that means much, the only friend I have that played it is fairly easy to please when it comes to video games.
>>
>>331770474
I went to New Orleans for a trip a few months ago and went to the Cafe Due Monde at like 4 in the morning. I haven't had coffee without chicory since (except when I get those Cuban Espressos that are super fucking sweet).
>>
>>331770643
>tfw Bioshock Infinite is three years old
>>
I hadn't played the original Bioshock since it came out when I played Infinite a few months ago for the first time, and I ended up loving it.

Looking back at it and the first one, I see why people were disappointed, but I went into it thinking it would be a pretty shit game thanks to those disappointments and it made me really like it.

So thanks I guess /v/.
>>
>>331770793
The story goes tits up as soon as Booker looks at the mark at his hand and doesn't decide to cover it. Booker and Elizabeth spend the entire game making incredibly stupid decisions.
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 814x545) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 814x545
>>331769670
Finkton is literally where the story starts getting pants-on-head retarded.
>>
Elizabeth is max qt

The story is good enough where one play through is enjoyable
>>
>>331770264
coffee is the worst and when i see the dronesqueueing up at starbucks i shake my head in pity: it must be rough being a drug addict
>>
>>331771598
This, Finkton just a mess of running through the same area several times and basically doing the same gunfights over again because "MUH TEARS"
>>
>>331769875
>all worlds have different outcomes
>oh, but you're the only booker that didn't become comstock
>and somehow killing you makes all the comstocks go away
>>
>>331769670
they hate it because they expected citizen kane but got fast and furious 6.

It's fun and the plot is "ok" so long as you turn your brain off and don't expect it to be more than it is
>>
>>331771348
you should check out 2 if you haven't played it.

The story's pretty shit but has the best gameplay of the 3.
>>
>>331772016
Maybe Citizen Kane shouldn't have been promised, and maybe the reviews shouldn't have proclaimed it as such.
>>
>>331771901
Couldn't have said it better myself. Tried explaining that to a friend one time, he just doesn't get that a single dimension can't affect EVERY dimension, they're fucking infinite. SOMEWHERE Booker went batshit and didn't drown himself, because thats part of INFINITE POSSIBILITIES
>>
>>331770264
Coffee drinkers are fucking stupid.
>>
>>331770264
just drinkin cheap keurig coffee lately
>>
File: 1348361434996.jpg (119 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1348361434996.jpg
119 KB, 1440x810
>>331769670
>Why does /v/ hate this game again?
play the first two
then play this
then come back and tell me you think it's good
>>
>>331770902
the dlc has bad story but decent gameplay and level design
>>
>>331770279
It really is baby's first time paradox.

And the bullshit about quantum properties ingame pissed off the physicist in me.

>there will never be a game based off Maxwell's Demon
>>
>>331770264
gives me a lot more motivation to do things but sometimes the side affects aren't worth it.
I recommend taking it with the amino acid l-theanine to prevent crashing too hard.
>>
>>331770279
>Babby's first waifu
lmao
>>
It's not as good as the first, that's where a lot of the hate comes from. But it's still a damn good game.
>>
>>331771901
>and somehow killing you makes all the comstocks go away
And even then that apparently doesn't happen, which is what Burial at Sea is about.
>>
>>331772130
i mean, yeah, that's a big reason why people were pissed.
But, being rational, we can understand that even though it wasn't what was promised ,it was still good for what it really was
>>
>game tries to depict racism in the '50s
>NPCs skirt around saying anything overtly offensive
>the only racial slur they use is "negro" which was the politically correct term at the time
>>
>>331773847
I thought it was depicting the 1900-10s
>>
>>331770264
I hate coffee. It tastes horrible and doesn't do anything for me.
>>
>>331773939
then it should be even more racist.
>>
>>331773847
It could also be depicting overly political correct defensor (aka SJW), and how they are basically the same than the ones they're fighting (Booker literally say that fitzroy and comstock are the sames)
Plot is still retarded tho
>>
>>331773939
Hell if I know. It was still the most bare minimum depiction of racism. Even the voice actors sounded uncomfortable with saying "negro". It was a disgrace.
>>
http://pastebin.com/4y3YW7iQ
>>
>>331774252
>>331774310
Really, "negro" isn't that hard to say, it should have been done only in polite company.
The VAs should have been busting out nigger all the time with a nice disgusted tone as they verbally shit on them, just as it was at the time.
>>
>>331773847
Bothered me more was idiots talking about how deep the writing is when it doesn't actually say anything beyond 'lol racism is bad'
>>
>>331774894
>it doesn't actually say anything beyond 'lol racism is bad'
it doesnt even say it.
you have some scene where niggers are working. some scenes depicting how people are racist toward irish and niggers.
And then niggers kill everybody including children
After that the protags jump around space time shooting up more white guys sprouting generic lines like an elder scroll game. The entire racism shit was swept aside for comic book shit.
>>
> Elizabeth is amazing

Elizabeth is a retard, she wanted to stop the bullshit in infinite but took out the wrong person and is now trapped for all eternity because of it.

She is waifu bait nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>331770431
>>331770497
What he said.
>>
>>331773847
>>game tries to depict racism in the '50s
what the fuck? shit obviously takes place in an alternate 90's era. there's a fucking reason there's a 1999 mode
>>
>>331776198
>there's a fucking reason there's a 1999 mode
I thought it was supposed to be a reference to the oh-so difficult FPSes of the 90s.
>>
>>331769670
Hate is a bit strong, but because BioShock was SO good, this was a let down, you could see how rushed it was, the ideas that never fleshed out properly, the gunplay was boring and limited and the powers were nowhere near as interesting as their BioShock equivalent
>>
>>331770264
I take it black, like my men.
>>
>>331769670
Elizabeth is a shit-tier Waifu
>>
I think its an awesome game despite the linearity. All three Bioshock games are linear but offer extra rewards if you put in more time. Bioshock 2 is the least linear because of the multiple endings.

The game obviously has its flaws, and it isn't as good as the game we were promised, but I still find it to be a fun, lovingly crafted game.

The thing that pisses me off is that now /v/ likes to talk shit about the first two Bioshock games, which are still two of the greatest games of all time. Especially 2, which is the best of the series.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.