[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are the unit packs for eu4 always so shit? They are always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1458723038624.jpg (1 MB, 3750x1500) Image search: [Google]
1458723038624.jpg
1 MB, 3750x1500
Why are the unit packs for eu4 always so shit? They are always poorly done and these are even wrong, wtf this is we wuz kangz tier.
>>
>>331768179
Cause they don't give a shit, people will lap it up anyway.
>>
>>331768748
Pretty much this. People go around saying chopping up DLC and selling them in little pieces separately is "DLC done right" and that paracucks is one of the best publishers around.
>>
just don't buy them then?
>>
All I really want is a damn expansion to overhaul Asia. They don't even have their own advisor portraits yet. Goddamn Native Americans got their own set, but for some reason Asia doesn't. Plus events like the invasion of Korea or Zheng He's voyages would make nice ingame events.
>>
File: _88245540_algeriaafp.jpg (60 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
_88245540_algeriaafp.jpg
60 KB, 660x371
It's a Swedish company what do you expect. I wonder how actual north africans feel about blacks trying to steal their history.
>>
>>331769169
I thought the Oriental countries got their own unique set of adviser portraits?
>>
>>331768179
>north african
>black

what

berbers aren't niggers
>>
>>331769276

Asia Minor does (Middle East) and I think India might too, but any of the Far East countries don't yet. There's a mod for it but that mod broke two expansions back.
>>
>>331768920
I don't I'm just questioning where the market for this shit comes from. Who wants poorly made 3d models, many of which are even historically incorrect?
>>
>>331769389
Right, I remember now. It was a mod. I forgot that it wasn't actual DLC.

I do agree that Asia could use some overhauling. I never really had incentive to play in the Orient, I think there should be some more unique stuff over there. Feels neglected in comparison to the fucking Native Americans that for some reason got special treatment in IV.

At the least, I want to see interesting possibilities with Asian countries colonizing other lands.
>>
>>331769361
Yeah it's the new upcoming pack. Don't really remember the name. It's strange, they got the mamluks and Moroccans right, but the Tunisian and Algerian units became black for some reason.
>>
>>331769543

Colonization is actually possible as an Asian power, via Alaska and then expanding further down. The problem is the countries just feel gimped. Especially Ming is a chore to play, you are at 50% autonomy fucking minimum, so bye bye to taxation, production and manpower for the next 200 years. They don't even use the new estate system.
>>
>>331769543
You should try playing there. Manchu tribes are fun and so is Ming (though it depends on luck a lot). Japan is broken though but still you have Ayutthaya and Malacca or Pasai which also bring something new after hours of playing in Europe.
>>
>>331769787
>>331769792

I haven't played EU IV or CK2 in a while, basically haven't played since before Cossacks and the council reform thingy DLC for CK2. Are the games still fun to play? And in particular for EU IV, what's changed since the last DLC before Cossacks?
>>
>>331769792
What I fucking hate is the Southeast Asia island peoples turning into fucking huge island empires with good navies. I know that Paradox wants to try and limit colonization on the islands because of "history" but this solution is even worse. Why the fuck do I have to deal with these shitters taking up the good islands as Japan.
>>
>>331770092

Cossacks added a new system for the hordes, so they can actually modernize and stay strong, they also allow them to raze territories for mana gain, though that was nerfed in the last patch. The horde needs to war to keep horde unity up.
They introduced an Estate system, which represents different powerful groups in your country vying for power. Basically, you got groups like the Clergy and Merchants that want to hold some power in your country. You do this by allowing them to be in charge of provinces, which means 25% autonomy, but confers some bonuses like decreased revolt risk. Annoying for people that always want 0% autonomy, but if you manage it well it's quite beneficial. Estates can gain or lose loyalty, when they have too much power and low loyalty they will revolt against you, if they have high loyalty and low power you get debuffs until you give them more control.
>>
>>331770201
Yeah, they're pretty overpowered. I'm currently playing in a huge mp game and Pasai that colonized all of the Spice Islands gets as much money as Spain with colonies all around America.
>>
>>331770335
>if they have high loyalty and low power you get debuffs until you give them more control.
Fucking why?
>>
>>331771448

It seemed a good idea at the time. Basically, the idea was to simulate how various powerful groups have some sway in a country. I agree though, the mechanic is fucking horrible, since you'll have half your provinces at 25% autonomy for bonuses you most likely don't need, just to avoid debuffs.
>>
>>331772152
Do some provinces get estates by default or what happens if you don't give provices to the estates?
>>
>>331772337

If you don't give them provinces they are unhappy since their control is too low and they demand more, hence debuffs until you give them more control. Usually they'll ask for 10% to 15% control, three factions, so 30 to 45% of your provinces will be under estate influence and stuck at 25% autonomy.
>>
>>331772337
They get mad and revolt if you don't give them shit
>>
>>331772337

Now, to not just trashtalk estates, one of the benefits they provide is one off bonuses you can "buy" with their loyalty. For example, if the merchants have high loyalty you can ask them to build you 5 trading ships for no money at all and half build time. The only retarded thing is, you buy something like this for 20 loyalty (out of 100), then their loyalty drops due to an event for example and suddenly you're at low loyalty, receive debuffs and are at risk that they revolt.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.