[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is P3 a good entry point into the series? If I have access to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (1016 KB, 1900x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1016 KB, 1900x1200
Is P3 a good entry point into the series? If I have access to both vanilla P3 and Portable which one is better to begin with?
>>
Why play Vanilla P3 or Portable when you can play FES.
>>
Play Persona 3 Portable, it's the definitive version of the game. It contains many of the improvements from Persona 4, which makes it the perfect edition and also very accessible.
>>
Between Vanilla and Portable, pick Portable because it has more content

FES is optimal for a first time playthrough tho
>>
>>331765392
FES is the best version, but regular P3 is OK as well. Just has a tad less content.

P3P is stripped down and casualized shit.
>>
>>331765392
Portable>vanilla
>>
>>331765392
if you have access to Vanilla you have access to FES, which is the best version
>>
>>331765392
Portable is just fine, but the game world does not really feel the same. I would go with P3P over vanilla, though I would play FES over both of them.
>>
No, it's a butchered port with typos, bugs and shitty narrative that changes a lot of scenes from the original and gives you an awful first experience.
Get FES
>>
>>331765392
FES, P3P butchers the narrative and atmosphere.
>>
PLAY FES
>>
>>331768002
How?
>>
>>331765392
P3P is the best version
>>
>>331765392
>Is P3 a good entry point into the series?

P4 is definitely the best persona entry point. But if P3's heavier atmosphere attracts you more, go for it.

>If I have access to both vanilla P3 and Portable which one is better to begin with?

P3 FES.
>>
I say play FES then go on to P3P and play as FeMC
>>
>>331769517
No animated cutscenes, both the anime ones and the in-engine ones. Which wouldn't be that big of a deal if their "translation" into text wasn't inaccurate and/or neutered more often than not.
>>
So I just finished p3 and moved to p4 and I regret not doing FES. It's apperently got a shit ton more content plus a 2nd smaller story post main game. If you have the option, (I used an emulator so I did) do FES. but, if you do vanilla, you can always take the route of just watching the FES content online.
>>
>>331769517
Lack of 3D environments and character models doing animations is a lot more immersive than having it half-assedly explained through text, roaming the city of Iwatodai near endgame with memories of the city playing in the background is one of the most amazing experiences I've had the pleasure of experiencing, it's just not the same with a cursor and static images.
>>
FES you faggot
>>
Wait with me for P3: The Sapphire.

[spoiler ] I fucking wish [/spoiler]
>>
File: Persona 3 Rebirth.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Persona 3 Rebirth.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>331770989
Give it time, it's bound to happen eventually.
>>
>>331770397
*3D environments and character models doing animations is a lot more immersive than having it half-assedly explained through text, roaming the city of Iwatodai near endgame with memories of the city playing in the background is one of the most amazing things I've had the pleasure of experiencing, it's just not the same with a cursor and static images.
>>
>>331765497
>P3P
>definitive version

Execute yourself.
>>
>>331765392
FES for the first playthrough, Portable for the second.
>>
Definitely play portable over vanilla.
>>
FES>Portable>Vanilla
>>
Like most are saying, play FES then if you want more play the female protagonist route in p3p.
>>
>>331772771
Even in P3P, it recommends you to play the male route first and the best way to experience that is through FES.
>>
>>331773094
Exactly.
>>
Persona 3/4 are both fine entry points to the series, although in some ways 4 might be a better entry point (If only due to the virtue of being able to control your party's actions). Either way, if you do play P3 first, as other anons have rightly pointed out, play FES. It's the definitive version of the main game.
>>
Portable kinda sucks, go for FES.
>>
>>331772219
How is portable better than vanilla when vanilla is pretty much the same game as FES?
>>
play FES. don't play P3P unless you've already played vanilla/FES
>>
>>331765392
FES
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 500x375
>>331765497
>Persona 4
>improvements

Persona 4 was BUILT for its changes and it was still sleep inducingly easy, and you want that in the game that WASN'T made for them?

Come on now
>>
The ending of the game is way too vague without the stuff FES adds on which later spinoffs reference on occasion
>>
Play Persona 1 Portable, then Innocent SIn and Eternal Punishment. Skip P3 and play P4,
>>
>>331765392
P3P is the best version. FES is for tryhard and nostalgia faggots.
>>
>>331765392
BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY
>>
>>331779467
I am so triggered right now.
How the fuck is it even possible to like P4 so much more than P3.
Are you even human?
>>
>>331779467
>skip the only one that has both good gameplay and a good story

Don't get me wrong, P2 has the best plot and characters of them all, but the gameplay is fucked
>>
>>331779043

Are you implying P3 was any hard ?
>>
>>331779704
It was an overall better execution of what P3 tried to to mechanics wise, minus the rehashed plot of SQQ and arbitrary changes to how Shadows/Nyx work
>>
>>331779832
No, but at least I died on a boss fight or two and had to think out how to approach it better.

P4 you don't even need a strategy because you don't have to compensate for anything.

Just AoE brand new mobs, if literally any enemy is weak you'll get more turns.
Just run at bosses, you can control your teammates so there's no need to rethink your party to make up for what the AI might do.

I do think controlling your party is a better system but they didn't up the difficulty enough to compensate for how much easier it makes fights.
>>
>>331765392
Ayase is Nyarlathotep
Ulala is Joker
Akihiko was the one who was waiting
Nanako is the Killer
>>
File: Baofu_1.png (17 KB, 145x159) Image search: [Google]
Baofu_1.png
17 KB, 145x159
>>331780924
>Ulala is Joker
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.