[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things pokken tournament needs to fix
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: Pokken_Tournament_logo.png (254 KB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
Pokken_Tournament_logo.png
254 KB, 640x352
As much as i love this game, there needs to be a patch to balance and fix the characters

>ease up on the damage scaling during combos and burst attacks

>suicunes, braxiens and chandelures projectiles needs a serious nerf

>remove shadow mewtwo's projectile infinite

>fix the disconnects during cpu faceoff in matchmaking

>buff overall damage for speed and technique characters
>>
Make gardevoirs magical leaf not take a year to come out
Nerf suicunes health
More lag on braixen attacks
>>
I'm confident the game will have a patch or two before Evo. at least bug issues and Gardevoir being useless shit.
>>
It's been less than a week and you fags are already asking for balance patches?
>>
>>331763636
Well shadow mewtwo is something that needs fixing without a doubt. I am curious how much projectile BS will flow in the meta. You can dodge most of it, but there's some attacks that I seriously question like fire blast.
>>
Pokken is a great game, filled with plenty of depth and much love and care put into most of its fighters. I say MOST because of one huge problem, namely Suicune being a low-skill, spammy piece of trash that attracts and caters to the absolute lowest echelon of fighter.

Now, I know what you're problably thinking
>git gud
>lmao he's just buttblasted because he got his anus stretched by a Suicune
in which case all of you would be wrong. The first couple of times I faced Suicunes I dominated them thoroughly, but not after a prolonged and intensely unfun match. It didn't take me long to decide that I would immediately disconnect from any Suicune player that I came across online.

No, I don't care about penalties. As far as I'm concerned, your match against me was predetermined. Disconnecting doesn't mean that I lost, nor does it mean that my opponent won. How can a match have a result that if it never happened? I consider it my win and ignore what happens to my ranking and I urge you all to do the same. Refuse to give Suicuneshitters the satisfaction of exploiting such a lazily made character and move on. Eventually, Nintendo will see the metrics and realize their mistake. I'm not saying this to be butthurt, I just genuinely want them to address the problems with this fighter. It'll all be in the metrics. You can't argue with numbers.

tl;dr Suicune is awful in Pokken and you should refuse to fight against it
>>
>>331763636
How long do you think folks should wait to want broken shit patched?
>>
What heroes are deemed as overpowered? I've only played single player so far, used gengar pikachu libre and blaziken, so far only one i liked was gengar the other two feel meh
>>
Getting this game today. I mainly want to play pokemon that I like aesthetically, so how are machamp, sceptile, and garchomp?
>>
Make so that when you set Nia's advice to "none" she actually shuts the fuck up.
>>
>>331764052
Damn, that post turned into pasta now?
>>
>>331764327
>heroes

>>331764801
>he hasn't gone to the options menu
>>
90% of this reads as "I am bad at the game and balance should be catered to ME!"
>>
>>331764052
every thread
you can fuck off now
>>
>>331761750
I think Sceptile could use a few buffs as well. I almost never see any online.
>>
>>331763967
You can CADC it and a fair amount of characters can straight beat it with their projectiles(Mewtwo, Suicune, Chandelure, Gardevoir, Lucario) since it's slow and takes awhile to reach full fuck you mode. I don't honestly think fire blast is as much of an issue as people are making it
>>
>>331761750
Add Blastoise
>>
>friend brings this over
>one of us has to stare at the wii u tablet to play offline vs mode

is that a fucking joke or was there a setting I missed somewhere? Literally what the fuck?
>>
>>331764750
Champ is god tier at close range, but gets fucked in field phase because of zoners. Garchomp is great overall and well worth playing. Sceptile is hard to say, people have ranged from saying he's shit to saying he's just hard to play, but it's difficult to tell which is accurate right now. He's apparently very fun though.
>>
What do people think of chandelure? I've seen some people say top tier and other people say mid-low. I'm still gonna play it either way, but I'm kind of curious.
>>
>>331766397
I know you can turn the voice off. But she still has subtitles, and even those piss me off.
>>
Does Pokken have any connection with Tekken series? Similar name and font.
>>
Namco needs to fix Shadow Mewtwo for Evo or I suspect he is going to get banned from it.
>>
>>331768418
Harada's team made it
>>
>>331768418
Same devs, but it doesn't play anything like Tekken.
>>
>>331764052
Suicune is the game's Rashid?
>>
>>331767934
You can turn that off too.
>>
>>331768736
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-Ln3CsI900
>>
>>331768759
Tell me. Please.
>>
>>331768845
Theres voice volume, and something below it.
>>
>>331768842
That nigga commentating is so annoying
>>
>>331766761
I'm trying to use him. Best pretty fun.

His buff needs to either be
>make his attacks come out faster since he is a speed type cause they are still slow
Or
>give him a damage buff
>>
>>331761750
>tone down the damage scaling
>tone down the damage on most attacks
>fix the glitch (?) causes the combo to end if Pokemon quits the Burst Mode while performing a combo (shofu discovered it yesterday)
>fix Shadow Mewtwo infinite block abuse
>extend the duration of shield break (whats the point of breaking the shield if the vulnerability period is like 3 seconds at most?)
That's about it. I don't think roster needs any fixes apart from the aforementioned Shadow Mewtwo.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.