[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: splintercellPC1boxart.jpg (129 KB, 486x680) Image search: [Google]
splintercellPC1boxart.jpg
129 KB, 486x680
What went wrong?
>>
Nothing it was a great game
>>
What do you mean?
With the series or with that game in particular?

The series kinda went bad after Conviction, wich was fun, but was an action game rather than a stealth game. It also started the trend of turning stealth games into cheap action games.

Splinter Cell 1 was pretty great though.
>>
>>331746317
With that game? Not nothing.

With the franchise? Ubisoft.
>>
>>331746397
>It also started the trend of turning stealth games into cheap action games.

I hate that
>>
Chaos Theory happened.
>>
>>331746421

I just started a thread about it too, good timing.

I'm really enjoying it. Looking forward to playing Chaos Theory
>>
>>331746397
>It also started the trend of turning stealth games into cheap action games.

No that was MGS.
>>
>>331746550

Pinnacle of the series.

Only downhill from there.
>>
What new mechanics or enhancements does Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory introduce to the series over the original?
>>
>>331746317
Nothing, but the series should have ended at Chaos Theory
>>
>>331746724
Not sure about PT. But CT introduce shitloads of new stuffs, like the knife, multiple side missions per mission that influence the course of the mission itself, and also some new maneuvers.
>>
Am I the only one who liked Double Agent?

Best storyline by far and it had some good levels.
>>
started on max level
nowhere to go
>>
I just recently replayed it and it has aged really well. I mean yeah Chaos Theory did almost everything better but it's still a damn great game.
>>
the forced action segments
>>
The fucking Lara Croft platforming sections, who the fuck thought that was a good idea

Almost had to use fly console command at the castle at the end
>>
Gurgenidze
>>
>>331746317
They should've retire Sam and use new agent as main character. Make Sam the boss.
>>
Anyone else think that Sam Fisher/Michael Ironside should have retired with Conviction? You guys shit on it but it was a pretty good character driven game, we see the end of Sam's story, his daughter, him bringing down the agency (the first and last agent, such pottery). It was a perfect ending to the story of Sam Fisher, that last shot where he walks out and leaves everything behind for his daughter.

Then we have Blacklist with a 60 year old Sam voiced by a teenager, running around in some airport-novel tier scenario with some Muslim terrorist or something. Apparently he doesn't care about his daughter anymore and just decides to go back...

Blacklist should've been a prequel set in the days before Third Echelon so they could justify the voice actor, or maybe if they really want the future and drones and shit have it be Sam's kid some way down the line or something, or just the black guy by himself

The game after Blacklist should focus on a different Splinter Cell (that's the title, after all, not "Sam Fisher"), with different characters and setting... maybe show the new Fourth Echelon branching out, we could do multiple Splinter Cells and you could micromanage them à la Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
>>
>>331746724
PT has the wall split jump and the quick move between corner I think
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.