[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which game do you feel had the best gun play/mechanics/sound?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: bc2.jpg (386 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bc2.jpg
386 KB, 1920x1080
Which game do you feel had the best gun play/mechanics/sound?

I think Bad Company 2 hasn't been beat yet. The guns just felt so good to shoot and they sounded awesome. Not to mention no other game had more satisfying sniping. It actually felt good to get a head shot especially a moving target.
>>
>>331724750
Nailed it.

I'll never forget the sound of .50 cal sniper in BC2.
>>
>>331724750
seconding, never had so much fun in multiplayer compared to that
>>
>>331724750
black ops 3
>>
File: disgust.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
>>331724952
>>
Dead space has the best 3rd person shooting feeling I've ever played

Bc2 is pretty high up there, but I like certain parts of bf4 better, can't put my finger on it though
>>
>>331724750
F.E.A.R.
>>
>>331725138
>Dead space has the best 3rd person shooting feeling I've ever played
More than Max Payne 3?
>>
File: destiny.jpg (77 KB, 400x465) Image search: [Google]
destiny.jpg
77 KB, 400x465
>>331724750
No really.
>>
F.E.A.R, project reality, insurgency and red orchestra 2. BC2 had a stiff and arcadey feel to it, wouldn't really call it all that good.
>>
>>331725243
I didn't think k of that one, but I'd still have to say yes, although max Payne would probably be a close second
There is nothing that compares to the javelin gun
>>
>>331724750
>sound
arma 3 with ace
>>
File: SAVE ME.jpg (149 KB, 500x608) Image search: [Google]
SAVE ME.jpg
149 KB, 500x608
>that sound of a bullet whizzing past your head
>that realization that an enemy sniper just barely missed you and you need to get the fuck out of there
>>
>>331724750

I honestly believe BC2 is the greatest multiplayer shooter ever made
>>
People need to hop off BC2's dick and take the nostalgia goggles off
>>
>>331725847

replay it nigga
>>
File: 1414777518456-1.jpg (955 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1414777518456-1.jpg
955 KB, 1920x1080
>>331725324
Project Reality I think has the best or rather, most realistic sound samples in any game, the only thing that comes close is Insurgency with mods and ArmA3 with JSRS Dragonfyre. It's nothing too flashy or with over exaggerated bass, the only thing it lacks is technology, unless you have a sound card.

And by that I mean things like echoes and and sound changing weather you're in a building made out of metal or if you're in a wood house.

Battlefield 2 has EAX3.0, but I'm not entirely sure Project Reality has it.
>>
>>331726287
* I forgot to add Squad in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-jzZyBIRBs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKRRF2ka_5E
>>
>>331726287
Dunno if its my headset, but I can never identify where shots are coming from, and these are some expensive headphones.
>>331726693
Still doesnt really capture that sound of a fire-fight, guns just dont seem to echo or be loud enough
>>331724750
>War-tapes on
Absolutely god-tier sound-design when I can hear the every shot fired on the field.
>>
>>331725959
Not even the guy you're quoting, but the game is flawed as fuck. I replayed it last week and there are flaws I forgot about. Absurdly short time to kill on small as fuck linear maps, piss poor feed about for getting shot or where you're getting shot from, small FOV, weapons take up a huge amount of the screen, limited movement options, 3D spotting, and I'm sure there's some stuff I forgot about.

Oh and Wartapes is an overrated sound option. It does a good job simulating a lot of activity going on, but doesn't help with identification any.
>>
>>331724918
Jesus Christ this so much. The sound of that thing, the crack echoing through valleys. Beautiful. Especially with War Movies sound setting and cranked up 5.1 system. What a shame things have started going backwards.
>>
CS:GO is the best :^)
>>
Yeah it lacks some echo and all that, I was mainly talking about the sound samples themselves which I think BFBC2 for example lacks, while it has by far the better technology.

Here's what I consider to be the best of both worlds:

https://a.pomf.cat/axjzua.webm

https://a.pomf.cat/nbmgqn.webm
>>
>>331727578
For:
>>331727215

Also disregarding sound, Underhell has some pretty damn satisfying gunplay in my opinion, similar to Insurgency and Red Orchestra 2.
>>
>>331727638
Ill have to try Underhell out.
Insurgency does have great sound design though.
>>
>>331727865
Call all /K/
>>
>>331725320
Destiny (at least for Exotics) has very interesting weapons and handling them is very nice. They all have unique sound to them, I can tell when someone is using a Zhalo compared to a Hard Light, but when comparing the sounds of Destiny to the War Tapes tracks on BFBC1, 2, and BF3, there really isn't anything that compares (as far as sound goes)
>>
Play ArmA 3 with the latest JSRS Eden. It'll blow your mind several times over.
>>
>>331724750
I think it pretty much comes down to steaming hot opinions.

But Arma 2 and 3 had the closest to realistic sound I've heard.
>>
>>331728818
I think the vanilla sounds are garbage in both games, Speed of Sound, JSRS/Dragonfyre both improve vastly upon it. There was another one but I don't think it was ever finished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4qfAJvNzUA
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.