[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you agree?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1453529022009.jpg (223 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1453529022009.jpg
223 KB, 800x800
Do you agree?
>>
having to neatly categorize things is pretty autistic, you haven't provided any kind of critique or commentary, there's nothing to agree or disagree with, you put things into a list then showed us for literally no reason.
>>
i like how eternal darkness is on the left even though every character gets a beastly melee weapon, infinite inventory space, tons of ammo for the characters that get guns, plus everyone has a spell that heals health or mana that can be essentially used infinite times
>>
>>331724817
I found the list on the internet
>>
>>331725012
But Eternal Darkness is less about action and more about puzzle-solving and psychological horror (sanity meter). You can't put it in the same category as RE4.
>>
>>331724053
It's hard to disagree with facts anon.

Still, it's a pretty cool image. Glad to see Alone in the Dark up there in survival horror.
>>
>>331725284
No, but it's probably comparable to the The Thing on the right there, which is similar, though it trades the sanity meter for tension with knowing if your squad is trustworthy (which is a cool idea but implemented very poorly in game)
>>
>>331725012
Yeah, this, as soon as you get the healing spell, you can take handle the monsters at your own leisure and it stops being spoopy.

>>331725284
I disagree, I can't even remember any actual actual puzzles being in the game, but I remember hours of hacking and slashes through dungeons full of monsters with relative ease.
>>
Some of the games in action horror are just zombie games, though. They aren't horror.
Also, why the fuck is Metro 2033 even there?
>>
Dead Space 1 should be moved to Survivor Horror while 2 did take the action game route.
>>
>>331727452
Nah, Dead Space 1 is action horror as fuck. Same as RE4.

Action horror is fun, there's nothing wrong with being action horror.
>>
Whoever made that list clearly did not play Metro on Ranger HC
>>
>>331724053
This is autistic. This genre shit is so fucking stupid. It's like the 8 thousand genres of metal.
>>
>>331724053
>D, D2
>resident evil after 1
>fucking dino crisis

AYY
>>
>>331724053
Add penumbra to the left one and I'd agree wholeheartedly. Gotta love sum black plague
>>
>>331724053
Yes.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.