[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sonic Advance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 6198MTEH1CL.jpg (79 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
6198MTEH1CL.jpg
79 KB, 500x500
Why is this one of the best 2D Sonic games while the sequels are awful?
>>
It's bland but functional, so it looks good in comparison to the other two.
SAdv2 is the "hold right to win" meme but for real.
SAdv3 is a fucking tire fire.
>>
I liked Advance 1 and 2 for different reasons, but I'd say 1 is the better game. 3 was garbage.

Advance 1 was slower paced than the other Advance games, which I liked. Being able to play as Sonic and Tails was also cool for the nostalgia factor as well. If Advance 3 just had Sonic and Tails instead of being Sonic Heroes but on the GBA, it would have probably been a better game.
>>
>>331711550
>>331711825
Thats weird I didn't think 3 was worse than the other two, it even had some of the best levels
>>
>>331712961
I've only played a little bit of it. I still think it's the worst of the bunch.
The music in the first level was a serious let down. Kind of soured my experience with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUtmG-aiDXU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrTMGfAiKts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS8zhXe1DBM
>>
3's partner system was pretty fucking complex because each of the characters functioned differently just slightly depending on who you partnered up with who.
>>
>>331711358
1 is solid as fuck. Maybe a tad boring, but it's a good, no-frills platformer. Not as impressive as the Genesis games, but certainly as competently designed.
2 is go fast at all costs: the game. It's got dumb level design and although there aren't actually that many bottomless pits in the stages, the ones it does have, it throws you head first toward them. Fun game still. An absolute blast to time-attack in particular.
3 is... iffy. It's got some really shit levels and some decent ones here and there. Cool-ass soundtrack (takes full advantage of the GBA's lack of a real soundchip and just enjoys how lo-fi that shit is, fucking Ocean Base, Cyber Track, and Chaos Angel have 10/10 BGM tunes) and nice visuals though. Could have been the best, but there's some really 0/10 stage design in there. Partner system was cool as fuck.

really, I want to say 1 > 3 > 2, but it's more like 1 > 2 > 3, and they don't get too terrible
>>
>>331711358
That's not Sonic Rush Adventure
>>
>>331716401
man, I'm still stunned at how good Rush Adventure was, other than the stupid sailing shit
if it progressed like original Rush, it'd be a 9/10 game
>>
File: rte999map.png (138 KB, 3240x812) Image search: [Google]
rte999map.png
138 KB, 3240x812
>>331711825
>>
People shit on Sonic Advance 2 too much. It was boost done right.
>>
>>331716401
Rush>Rush Adventure, purely because of Naganuma's soundtrack.
>>
>>331716401
>>331716484

Rush adventure was actually really good

>amazing soundtrack
>bosses didn't suck

and only some of the sailing sucked. The jetski was fun as fuck
>>
Tried to play it recently.

God, that fucking camera. ZOOM OUT. FUCK.
>>
The only bad thing about Advance 3 was the hub world. If it wasn't for that it'd be the best handheld Sonic game.

>but level design
Get good.
>>
I only played Sonic Advance 3 and I loved it. Some tough levels for sure but it was only finding the keys that annoyed me.

Going back to it now I just can't bring myself to care enough to beat it.
>>
Advance 1 was done by Sonic Team

Advance 2 and 3 were Dimps
>>
>>331718389
The keys could be annoying but I'd take those over the bullshit Sonic Advance 2 put you through
>playing Advance 3 back in the day
>completed the game but don't have all the keys yet
>don't know what to expect, also finished Sonic Battle before
>accidentally come across https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wMn0RHM2T0 when poking through sound test
>get simultaneously blown away and motivated as fuck to get all the keys
>>
>>331718696
Dimps did all the handheld Sonic games from Advance 1 to Lost World.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.