[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /v/ I've heard that bloodborne is great and it looks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (351 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
351 KB, 1920x1080
So /v/ I've heard that bloodborne is great and it looks really good. But I hardly ever play "hard" games like this. Should I buy it or will it possibly overwhelm me?
>>
>>331709707
im shit at video games i beat it in about 12hrs (doing little optional content)

its not that bad.
>>
Pretty good buy man if you get the DLC as well. If its too hard just bro op it
>>
>Pick Hunter Axe
>Win
>>
>>331710387
>bro op

Don't do it, that's literally ez modo
>>
>>331709707
I hardly play "hard" games as well, and I'm not gonna lie the game DID overwhelm me. I stopped playing back in April, but I started playing again last winter and it's honestly one of the best games I've played.

You just need patience and think about what you're doing (which is basically the opposite of my usual playstyle. I'm the guy who instead of sneaking in MGS, I just run and shoot everything.)
>>
Is it really heavy on the whole 'grind for better stats' thing? Because with some games I spend more time swapping around armour and weapons then actually playing the damn game
>>
>>331709945
I dont believe you
>>
>>331710585
Yeah but for someone who just wanted sent that good and wants to see the game on its a good alternative
>>
>>331709945
>"shit" at video games
>beats BB in 12 hours

stop lying
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (326 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
326 KB, 1920x1080
>>331709707
just played some BB earlier op, it's actually a blast once you learn how to git gud. I'm a soulsfag who started out with demon's and I've always opted for sword & board builds, so the hyper aggressive gameplay in BB took me off guard at first; but rest assured, it's worth sinking some time in to.

Think of a third-person fighting rpg with diablo-esque elements and awesome (if unorthodox) level design, although the weapon and armour variety in BB is a little bit more lackluster in comparison to the Souls games (what's there still feels really satisfying though)
>>
>>331710948
The DLC really improves weapon variability, I didn't find a single boring weapon in it
>>
>>331709707
Just play it I am shit at vidya too, but I managed to beat without too much trouble.
>>
You just need to get into the right mindset. Most games don't train you to read the opponent's attacks, and that's the biggest part of Souls/Bloodborne combat. You have to be aware of what your enemy is doing and dodge it - you can't just tank hits, and trying to hit the enemy at the wrong time will fuck you. The game's not really that hard compared to some real hardcore titles, but if you're just a casual it'll take some adjusting to the idea of not playing like a fucking idiot.
>>
>>331709707
It will overwhelm you for a while until you become naturally accustomed to it. You should learn the mechanics pretty naturally and do just fine given the patienceand desire to do so.
>>
File: 1458609319548.png (324 KB, 850x531) Image search: [Google]
1458609319548.png
324 KB, 850x531
>>331709707
It's good for bullying
>>
>>331710948
>the hyper aggressive gameplay in BB took me off guard at first

Shit, so I will definitely have relearn and change how I play when I get DS3? (I've only played/beat BB)
>>
>>331710778
No, you should be an appropriate level for content just by playing the game naturally. Just be sure to hit at least 25 VIT and probably more, it's probably the most important stat if you're bad. You can also easily beat the game with any weapon.
>>
>>331711278
There's a ring in DS3 that encourages agressive combat, incluying getting life back for strinking foes
>>
>>331711278
Souls 3 looks quite aggressive as well you can probably just use two handed swords or other offensive weapon set ups instead of sword and shield and play aggressive if you like
>>
>get the three items to get true ending
>don't know you had to consume them
now i'm stuck at the early areas and can't really help anyone out
>>
>>331711586
>>331711628

Oh I mightbe comfy playing the game BB-style then. That's good to hear

Though I might try the default weapon/shield way first just to see if I like it first
>>
>>331712885
Same shit happened to me. Does anything in the game tell you to consume fucking umbilical cords?
>>
>>331713537
It says consuming them gives you insight.
>>
>>331713738
Oh..oh well. I probably read that and thought to save the insight for later.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.