[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to buy a new game and was thinking about one of the new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: 1458478988691.jpg (2 MB, 4854x3448) Image search: [Google]
1458478988691.jpg
2 MB, 4854x3448
I want to buy a new game and was thinking about one of the new fire emblem games , project xzone2 the new senran kagura game for PS4 or the division for PS4. What would you guys choose if you could get one of these games and why?
>>
File: 1386475245518.jpg (432 KB, 1021x1500) Image search: [Google]
1386475245518.jpg
432 KB, 1021x1500
>>331698727
shameless bump
>>
File: 1384822094883.jpg (26 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1384822094883.jpg
26 KB, 640x360
>>331699045
>>
>>331698727
Any of those but the Division. Better yet just make a strawpoll
>>
Senran because boobs
>>
Pirate Fire Emblem and buy Senran Kagura
>>
>>331698727
They're all pretty bad choices. I'd recommend hunting down an old gem instead of these new turds.
>>
>>331700047
Op here.What old games would you recommend than? and thanks for calling my taste shitty.
>>
senrans is fucking fun as shit

friend bought div and said its ok but if you're not playing with friends it can be a chore/snore.

>FE
Can't comment. Last one I got was Awakening or whatever and it was ok.

>xzone2
no idea.
>>
>>331700139
I didn't call your taste shitty, you sensitive faggot, just that those games are shitty.

There are MUCH better SRPGs, Basata clones, and whatever the fuck the Division is out there, at much cheaper prices.

Unless you plan on playing with other faggots, then Dick-vision might be up your alley.
>>
The fact that you keep bumping with SK tells me you already know what you really want

and if not then I'll say get it anyway since I can't speak for XZone2 or Division (haven't heard good things about the latter though) but FE kinda blows
>>
>>331700501
I only bump with SK pics because I dont have images for the other games.
>>331700381
Didn't mean to sound like a fag anon.
>>
File: 1457917298561.jpg (47 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1457917298561.jpg
47 KB, 720x720
>>331700501
like this anon said>>331700047

just get an old gem they'll save you the trouble of wasting a lot of money
>>
Here is poll if you guys would please vote and if you guys choose other can you please elaborate on the other choice.
http://strawpoll.me/7158148
>>
Estival Versus was kind of a let down for me. The game plays so goddamn slow and clunky compared to the earlier entries. Dunno if I just haven't figured it out of its just bad.

PxZ2 is supposed to be a big improvement over the first. Recommended if you want a fun, fanservicey romp.

Fire Emblem Awakening was great. I hear Fate's gameplay is among the best of the series but the localization debacle has left a sour taste in my mouth. Haven't picked it up yet.

Forgot the Division even existed until it released. I hear its mediocre.
>>
File: 1457655995970.png (2 MB, 500x2436) Image search: [Google]
1457655995970.png
2 MB, 500x2436
project x zone 2 was worth every penny.
>>
>>331700783
forgot to embbed
<iframe src="http://strawpoll.me/embed_1/7158148" style="width: 600px; height: 390px; border: 0;">Loading poll...</iframe>
>>
>>331700676
Consoles you own?
Genres you tend to favor?
Currently playing/played?

Give us some more info to go on, fuck. The games you listed all differ greatly to some degree.
Don't be swept up by the "new and shiny" meme shit. There are literally thousands of great old games you could be missing out on.
>>
If you like action hack and slash games more, get Senran Kagura

If you like thrid person shooters that are online more, get the Division
>>
>>331700867
LOL DISREGARD MY STUPIDITY GUYS
>>
>>331700919
Consoles you own? One ,PS4 ,DC , PS3,PSone PS2 , 360 ,hugebox , wii and gamecube
Genres you tend to favor?FIghting ,action adventure , RPG , some western RPG , sports
Currently playing/played?SFV , Gravity Rush , Killer Instinct
>>
>>331701247
Skies of Arcadia
Paper Mario Thousand Year Door
Anarchy Reigns
Dragon's Crown
Resonance of Fate (warning: steep learning curve)

Any of these doing anything for you?
>>
>>331701776
Tell me more about Resonance of Fate please all the others I played already.
>>
>>331698727
As someone who owns all three of those, I have this to offer;

Do you have friends? Get Division.
Do you not have friends? Get Senran.
Do you love Segata Sanshiro? Get PxZ2.
>>
>>331701910
Shit, where do I even begin. There are a lot of complex mechanics to it, but basically it's a:
Turn based RPG. Characters can move freely during battle up to a certain amount of steps. Weapons consist of handguns, explosives, and machine guns. You use these in different combinations to take out opposition. Line up your team in specific ways to max out damage output.
You can customize your weapons to do different things, like adding status effects or outputting more damage. Pretty simple.
There's a mechanic in battles where if you get hit a certain way, your team gets distressed and you have to recover or you're completely fucked.

It's been far too long since I've played it, so my memories pretty vague. I mostly remember enjoying it a lot once you pick everything up.

The stories a bit weird in that you kinda need two playthroughs (one main and NG+ I believe) to understand it all.
>>
>>331702574
Sounds cool will look into it some more,One last thing I would like to knowhoe you feel about the characters because in to me in an RPG the characters have to me really appealing in more ways than just cute looking girls and cool looking guys.Would you consider the characters memorable? do they really grown and change or are they monotone in the way they approach things?
>>
>>331699045
How do you fuck up cooking this bad? God damn
>>
>>331702949
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDK_dhXODWw
This gameplay video should give a general idea of how the battles will take place.

Yes, very memorable. They aren't your typical "too cool for school" bishounen shit characters.

Here's a particularly funny (spoiler free) cutscene that you might like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVibNKrp8sQ

Also, you can change the character's costumes which is why the girl is dressed oddly. And if you like or care about western VA's, it has Nolan North and Scott Menville as the lead male roles.
>>
File: 1384564908798.jpg (60 KB, 384x480) Image search: [Google]
1384564908798.jpg
60 KB, 384x480
>>331703506
Thanks man I really appreciate all the info and thanks to all the people who voted on the poll and posted on this thread,Thanks.
>>
>>331703701
I'd like to retract my statement a bit in that I "think" the younger male had some slight edge to him at first, but I'm PRETTY SURE he lightens up through out the game? There are still some good scenes though. Have another: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ScTAeHBKk4
>>
>>331703701
Also, the main 3 in RoF appear in at least one of the Project X Zone games, so if you like RoF, you'll appreciate their cameos even more.

Good luck, have fun.
>>
>>331703960
>>331704356

Ok I got hooked with just that video on my way to look for this game thanks anon.
>>
>>331700783
>Xseed shills

SK is shit outside of being easy on the eyes. Don't kid yourselves, faggots.

>inb4 OP buys SKEV anyway.
>>
>>331698727
Definitely not The Division. Even my pleb-as-fuck coworkers are returning it. SK is a fun little musou type thing, and if you're there for funny and tits you'll get both, but that's about all it has going on. Can't comment on the other two since I haven't tried them.
>>
>SK
Simple, short, waifus. If you basically want a digital paper doll this is the game for you. Dialog can either be funny or mind searingly bad.
>The Division
Just don't. Like so many other online games lately it is grossly falling short of what the expected product was going to be.
>Project
It's not bad, it's not great either. It carries as much novelty as any other mashup game and loses it just as fast.
>Fire Emblem
No idea.
>>
>>331698727
>finish the main scenario
>just want to goof around in multiplayer
>tfw shit internet
>get kicked out of every room

Life is suffering
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.